Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I need a sad blue puppet to tell me what to think of this.

It is a sin we never got Geno, Mallow, Belome, Booster, or Croco in other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would pay a million schmeckles for a HD remake of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

It is a sin we never got Geno, Mallow, Belome, Booster, or Croco in other games.

Geno cameos in Superstar Saga. There's also the Smash Mii fighter outfit.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bring Booster back so he can make out with Bowser again.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Geno cameos in Superstar Saga. There's also the Smash Mii fighter outfit.

I do not count either of those. NPC and something that would require me to not play Mega Man.

Mega64 posted:

Bring Booster back so he can make out with Bowser again.

:yeah:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Still heartbroken that the Switch doesn't have Miiverse. Can't believe they abandoned it immediately after introducing it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Infinitum posted:

I would pay a million schmeckles for a HD remake of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI

You realize Schmeckel means dick, right?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Nephzinho posted:

One of my friends in college spent a good three months ranting at the rest of us that there was no way Geno wouldn't be in Smash Bros Brawl because he was one of Nintendo's most popular characters ever so they had to put him in there was no way they couldn't

I think his brain broke when they announced Sonic. He was never the same again :rip:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

man nurse posted:

Still heartbroken that the Switch doesn't have Miiverse. Can't believe they abandoned it immediately after introducing it.

Seriously. StreetPass on Switch would have been awesome too.

Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever but I'm not sure I'd even want modern Square to make a sequel.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phantasium posted:

what... what are mario and the rabbids going to fight?

It's right there in the name of the game. They're going to fight a kingdom.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's more awesome than Street pass is not having the battery drain faster in standby from sniffing for wifi all the time.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

You realize Schmeckel means dick, right?

A million dicks is quite a price to pay.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Here is my opinion on the Mario rabbit game. I will probably not play it, unless it is good.

I also do not play the Mario Olympic games.

Thank you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Mario/Sonic Olympics games are pretty good but it's still weird to me that's there's now a franchise of Mario and Sonic together but it's only them competing in Olympic events.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There sure is a lot being said in certainty about a game we know very little about.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TFRazorsaw posted:

There sure is a lot being said in certainty about a game we know very little about.

Colonial Marines/Duke Nukem Forever/Battlegrounds (Battleborn? I forget).txt

Any Gearbox release, really.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Colonial Marines/Duke Nukem Forever/Battlegrounds.txt

Any Gearbox release, really.

It's a Gearbox game? I thought it was Ubisoft?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

theyre going after the beanbean kingdom, just a bunch of goofballs

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mister Facetious posted:

*Is an American*

"Yup, checks out."

Also he's rich

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever but I'm not sure I'd even want modern Square to make a sequel.

if it's like FFXV, i'd be interested. gimme Geno, Mario, Bowser, Peach, and Mallow riding around in Wario's car (that they stole), beating the poo poo out of everything.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At E3 they'll announce that all the Rabbids are romancable

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

My point is that every time someone says that, the game turns out to be poo poo anyways.

Gearbox is simply the most consistent dev at this phenomenon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can think of plenty of games that people have shat on based on concept and appearance alone that have turned out good to alright.

Splatoon being a notable example.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Retro seems pretty good at reviving/reinventing things, give it to them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can think of plenty of games that people have shat on based on concept and appearance alone that have turned out good to alright.

Splatoon being a notable example.

They're the same people that think Sunshine was bad, so they were wrong before the concept was even created.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I'm not sold on this Rabbids/Mario RPG crossover yet. Can we make all of the Rabbids Toads and take out the dialogue?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

They're the same people that think Sunshine was bad, so they were wrong before the concept was even created.

what a coincidence, that game is also an example of what I was talking about.

Much like much of the Gamecube library.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

what a coincidence, that game is also an example of what I was talking about.

Much like much of the Gamecube library.

Except the Rabbids aren't a new IP. There's already a nice long string of precedent indicating they're poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they're actually good

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I watched an episode of the Rabbids TV show when my little sister switched over to it. The slapstick was fine, I guess. I can't see an adult being a fan, but I've seen adults be fans of dumber poo poo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Except the Rabbids aren't a new IP. There's already a nice long string of precedent indicating they're poo poo.

I've found them equally as hit or miss as any franchise. There's a reason why Raving Rabbids was such a big title on the Wii.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What game was rayman thrown out and it just became Rabbids

like how Minions became their own thing from Despicable Me

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've found them equally as hit or miss as any franchise. There's a reason why Raving Rabbids was such a big title on the Wii.

Stop being so reasonable! Pick a side! :argh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lakbay posted:

What game was rayman thrown out and it just became Rabbids

like how Minions became their own thing from Despicable Me
like the third one. Didn't take long

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They show up in the Rayman mobile game, so the franchises aren't completely divorced from each other.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I know the KS8000 is a fairly popular 4K gaming TV, so heads up that Samsung is going to be releasing an updated firmware for several TVs that fixes the bullshit issue where the Switch input hijacks your TV because of some sleep mode technicalities.

Up to this point the only way to keep your TV from being affected is to unplug the hdmi cord when not playing in dock mode, which is clearly a pain in the rear end and counter to the ease of use thing Nintendo is going for. It's only got a "Summer" release date but at least they've publicly confirmed it's on the way - they haven't said poo poo since launch.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The last game they showed up in I think was Rabbid's Go Home and that was actually pretty fun and had a kind of insane atmospherics around it that made it funny at least to me

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I scored a Switch + BotW + the pro controller on eBay, I'm excited for my first Nintendo console since the Gamecube. It's the grey one unfortunately (I wanted neon) but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Might sell the pro controller to offset some more of the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Did this make more sense in Japanese or something?

In English this is the dumbest or laziest adjective to give a literal "street fighter"

Hes a real character from years ago. First appeared in 2003 svc chaos.

His japanese name is brainwashed ken

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread