Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I think I'm gonna get five guys for dinner tonight now that sounds delicious

I haven't had it in a while because we try to not take the boy to burger places for dinner, but may have to go soon because it's been a while. Or I'll do that next time I work at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Be forewarned that Pizza Hut's pizza is *really* greasy compared to it's competitors. It's less pizza, and more of a greasy, doughy circle with tiny toppings on it.

Back when I was going to Jr High like ten years ago, they used to serve slices of Pizza Hut for like a buck or some poo poo alongside the normal slop they serve in school cafeterias. I bite into one and a bit of grease shot up and splashed me in the eye.

My glasses fuckin' stunk for the rest of the time I had that pair

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Recommending Dunkin over Five Guys. :stare:

I've never eaten Five Guys because I live in a place with Whataburger so my needs are all met on the burger front

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Five Guys is decent but their fries tend to be really greasy from my experience. They make a fine burger though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sitting here trying to imagine a person who hasn't had Taco Bell. I won't call it good. But...don't try it if you don't want to occasionally experience a day where if you don't get a supreme crunchwrap you're going to murder someone. 364 days = ugh no thanks, The Bell. 1 day = GIVE ME TACO BELL OR I WILL EAT YOUR FACE WITH FIRE SAUCE

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I had Taco Bell for the first time in years a couple months ago.

It's aight food if you're starving and/or you've already got a strong buzz game going

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Taco bell is good for when you feel like eating a disgusting burrito filled with chili and cheese and then ask them to put fritos and onions in it too

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Durandal1707 posted:

Five Guys is decent but their fries tend to be really greasy from my experience. They make a fine burger though.
Yeah their fries tend to be soggier than I'd like them to be

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Five Guys buns fall apart too easily if you get too many toppings.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yeah their fries tend to be soggier than I'd like them to be

I love soggy fries because I'm a weirdo.

Taco Bell has a time and place and as long as you aren't expecting a transcendent Tex-Mex experience, it's fine. It's cheap as hell too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Culver's is the best sorry

Taco Bell is decent and the one by me has booze

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The rest of the world is not ready (read: fat enough) for butter burgers, cheese curds and frozen custard.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Carl's Jr in Canada has a poutine burger and I need this in my life

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tried Culver's for the first time after moving into the house we bought a few years back. Tasty as hell and the best custard you can get in Austin, but where I grew up in Cypress had better frozen custard than Culver's.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I must have the worst Taco Bell store because I eat there twice a year and one of those times they will be out of beef. How does this happen?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

wandler20 posted:

I must have the worst Taco Bell store because I eat there twice a year and one of those times they will be out of beef. How does this happen?

Taco bell has one job. Yours is mos def doing it wrong.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Trick question. No Taco Bell has real beef

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

Tried Culver's for the first time after moving into the house we bought a few years back. Tasty as hell and the best custard you can get in Austin, but where I grew up in Cypress had better frozen custard than Culver's.

Connie's?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Connie's?

That's a bingo. Their turtle sundae with chocolate custard is my favorite ice cream/custard dessert.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Carl's Jr in Canada has a poutine burger and I need this in my life

I really wanted to like Carl's Jr when I was younger but I used to get the absolute worst dumps from the place near my house, so ehhhhh

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Oh maybe that comment section will be full of people with empathy and ideas on how to fix the massive opioid epide-hahahahahahahahaha

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Hot Diggity! posted:

Here we go

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol

Leperflesh's recipes for ethnic food:

Chinese: Add soy.
Indian: Add curry.
French: Add shallots.
Italian: Add olive oil.
English: Add poo poo.

Listen, I've made nopalitos from harvesting the nopal that grows next to my house, I know for mexican food. I'm just pointing out how easy it is to make something "taste Mexican" and also that that flavor combo is super versatile and delicious.

That said a couple months ago we found the indian grocery that had moved a few years ago and we lost track of it, and I got some papad. I had no idea how insanely easy it was to make papadam at home, holy moly. Just heat up oil and put them in for like five seconds and you're set, get some tamarind chutney and go to town son.

Also I can do a decent marinara from scratch and my go-to food when I'm just looking for a big plate of carbs quick is a puttanesca I make with baby smoked clams, olives, tomatoes, capers, italian parsley, and a bit of grated asiago. Be sure to cook the noodles just to not quite al dente and then toss them in the pan with the rest of the stuff you've been cooking up so it absorbs the liquid and man, that is a big plate of awesome.

For chinese food I was lazy and bought my wok pre-seasoned in chinatown so I admit to being scrub tier

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Five Guys is good bc it's just regular old school clog your arteries with fat and calories bad for you, while McDonalds, Taco Bell and the like actively feed you straight chemicals disguised as food

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whataburger Monterey Melt, artery clogging goodness

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Whataburger Monterey Melt, artery clogging goodness

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

the mean lunch lady posted:

I love soggy fries because I'm a weirdo.
Hello, brother.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Five Guys gives you enough fries to feed a small country

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Five Guys gives you enough fries to feed a small country
it owns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Five Guys Cajun Fries are the bomb

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just received an email that says I am part of a class action lawsuit, which is awesome...I feel like John Travolta in A Civil Action

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Are you a plaintiff or the defendant?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm suing posters.com and I am entitled to receive a $10 voucher in a few months, this is the high life fellas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Regift it in TFF secret santa

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm suing posters.com and I am entitled to receive a $10 voucher in a few months, this is the high life fellas

Why are you suing posters... when you yourself are making Posts? Checkmate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I just received an email that says I am part of a class action lawsuit, which is awesome...I feel like John Travolta in A Civil Action

Here's what happened, with the two class action suits I've been apart of recently:

You get the notification
Then you forget about it
Then you get $4500* worth of settlement checks in the mail

*ymmv but that loving owned and my wife and I turned our opulence in NOLA up to 11 because of it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That was my nearly exact experience except 5000 and I used it to move from Missouri to California which was a major upgrade.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

That was my nearly exact experience except 5000 and I used it to move from Missouri to California which was a major upgrade.

Was about to say, "Uh, yeah, anything's better than Missouri," but going from KC to LA sounds like a downgrade to me.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Spoeank posted:

Here's what happened, with the two class action suits I've been apart of recently:

You get the notification
Then you forget about it
Then you get $4500* worth of settlement checks in the mail

*ymmv but that loving owned and my wife and I turned our opulence in NOLA up to 11 because of it

it is unfortunate ...that the lawsuit I am a part of has a max payout of a $10 voucher to buy lovely posters, instead of $5k cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Try next time having a multibillion dollar corporation dick you around and not compensate you for compensable time for seven years and then have them lose that suit in court.

Plus penalties and interest

• Locked thread