Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

:barf: I can't narrow down the worst part of the video, but I see three things in the thumbnail that cause my eye to twitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol cool that they went with pigs=cops in a mobile game where your goal is to catapult suicide-bombers into groups of them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk if you're really the target audience

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought the Angry birds were round spheres. Why is that one a regular bird with giant tits in a leather catsuit?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I thought the Angry birds were round spheres. Why is that one a regular bird with giant tits in a leather catsuit?

EVOLUTION

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ImpAtom posted:

EVOLUTION

Edit: goddamn, this thread

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You could not pay me enough money to click on the angry birds video

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Missing out on some insanely timely references to current events!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

Missing out on some insanely timely references to current events!

It bothers me so drat much when video games do this

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol, this game is going to drive so many families into unexpected credit card debt.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow i didn't think we would top the mariabbids so quickly

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

Lol, this game is going to drive so many families into unexpected credit card debt.

Just like the American Healthcare System in 2017, am I right??? Ha ha ha that'll be 99 cents *shoots an angry bird into a hospital that crumbles with dynamic physics*

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Angry Birds was a mistake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Angry Birds movie trailer, aimed at kids, featured a joke where it was funny that the main characters were drinking piss

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Angry Birds movie trailer, aimed at kids, featured a joke where it was funny that the main characters were drinking piss

i saw this preview and i was high af but that didn't save me from regarding that scene with :stare:

well it was during zootopia so i guess :catstare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiYTQqbojfU

in this angry birds cartoon, the pigs capture two birds to force them to gently caress which for some reason they think will make an egg they can eat. the birds argue while they are trapped and the pigs think they are loving, which allows the birds to escape

no part of that sentence is an exaggeration

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean as far as i know that's basically the plot of nier automata too

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CJacobs posted:

in this angry birds cartoon, the pigs capture two birds to force them to gently caress which for some reason they think will make an egg they can eat. the birds argue while they are trapped and the pigs think they are loving, which allows the birds to escape

So

CJacobs posted:

But you knew where to find a Angry Birds short about procreation? I question your character.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

So do you like it more or less than Sausage Party? :confused:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

But you knew where to find a Angry Birds short about procreation? I question your character.

You can blame Putty for this, he will not stop roping me into commentating on these things

Mordja posted:

So do you like it more or less than Sausage Party? :confused:

I want everyone involved in that movie to die

edit: maybe that's a bit harsh. maybe they all become vegans or something instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I was enjoying Assassin's Creed Syndicate but I just ran into a stupid tailing mission and I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The most disappointing thing about that Far Cry 5 image is that they apparently don't have the tech to render body types other than the same generic Ken doll musculature. Why make a game about slaughtering rednecks and not include embarrassingly fat guys whose bulletproof vests look like corsets because of how much their girth strains them or super skinny tweakers with the armholes of their shirts down to their bellybuttons?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

and not include embarrassingly fat guys whose bulletproof vests look like corsets because of how much their girth strains them or super skinny tweakers with the armholes of their shirts down to their bellybuttons?
Turn your monitor off.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The dog is seriously the most intriguing thing about that promo image

wanna meet that dog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Well this is 10000 times worse than the Mario Rabbids promo leak thing.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope the dog is actually the Charismatic Villian of this game instead of head guy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

You must not have seen the Da Vinci code. The original painting supposedly had Jude Thaddeus in a beam struggle with Judas.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

edit: maybe that's a bit harsh. maybe they all become vegans or something instead.

IIRC the people that worked on it were hideously overworked and underpaid even moreso than by most animation studio standards so yeah probably not a good idea to wish death on them for being in a lovely situation imo

Lol it's just like the pepsi thing!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You might say that all this protest stuff is...... for the birds!! Haha, at last a game everyone can agree on. "Make Piglandia Great Again" hats purchasable in the microtransaction store.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Nothing I like to see more in games than poignant, yet irreverent takes on social issues and current events. Western developers are back, baby!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Guy Mann posted:

The most disappointing thing about that Far Cry 5 image is that they apparently don't have the tech to render body types other than the same generic Ken doll musculature. Why make a game about slaughtering rednecks and not include embarrassingly fat guys whose bulletproof vests look like corsets because of how much their girth strains them or super skinny tweakers with the armholes of their shirts down to their bellybuttons?

Yeah imo if you can only manage to create one male character model that is differentiated solely via clothing and hairstyle, maybe don't put six of them on the poster.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My biggest problem with the FC5 thing is that when you mix politics and games so blatantly EVERYONE becomes completely loving insufferable and I hate the game for that reason alone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Red Bones posted:

Yeah imo if you can only manage to create one male character model that is differentiated solely via clothing and hairstyle, maybe don't put six of them on the poster.

Of course they could only create one character model, making character models is so hard they couldn't manage to make a female rig for AC Unity

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

My biggest problem with the FC5 thing is that when you mix politics and games so blatantly EVERYONE becomes completely loving insufferable and I hate the game for that reason alone

There are plenty of video games that involve politics, you just don't recognize the viewpoint they are espousing or missing what they're referencing. People become insufferable when they recognize they are the target, not when politics are involved.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Red Bones posted:

They look like photobashes of actors with models pasted over the faces to me, which makes the similarity in body type even more lame

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

There are plenty of video games that involve politics, you just don't recognize the viewpoint they are espousing or missing what they're referencing. People become insufferable when they recognize they are the target, not when politics are involved.

They made it so blatant that now I have to hear about how this game is anti-american and MAGA god bless trump blah blah or how it's finally game developers stepping up to take down THE FASCIST TRUMPREICH / lol what if we just had a conversation with them guys???

It's rear end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Truth.

Every Call of Duty game is ideological and political, it just happens to be the dominant ideology of the United States so it appears invisible to most people like fish in water

Grapplejack posted:

They made it so blatant that now I have to hear about how this game is anti-american and MAGA god bless trump blah blah or how it's finally game developers stepping up to take down THE FASCIST TRUMPREICH / lol what if we just had a conversation with them guys???

It's rear end.

Persona 5 is an explicitly political game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Get this, nerds: all art is political

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I really just don't trust Ubisoft to make a cogent thought politically in the game series that includes Far Cry 3.

I fully expect some truth is in the middle bullshit and that's the last ammo basement nerds need.

• Locked thread