Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Pretend I was handwaving all over the place and deleted about 30-40 stutters, errs, and uhmms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hello, uhmmm, my name is, err, Chris Roberts, uhhh. Famous DIRECTOR of Wing Co~commander fame.

gently caress me, how do you direct anything with such an impediment?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hello, uhmmm, my name is, err, Chris Roberts, uhhh. Famous DIRECTOR of Wing Co~commander fame.

gently caress me, how do you direct anything with such an impediment?

Poorly.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

I'm the CIG developer that thinks modern aircraft refuel by just being in close formation with each other.

Osmosis refueling, motherfuckers

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ok, uhhh, F-Freddie?

Gonna need you to uhh... do the thing with your female, err, woman love interest.

-What thing, Mr Roberts?

You have to uh, you know, strap her to a-uhhh. Table. Get her lying DOWN on it, I'll g-get the uhh feather.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DarkRefreshment posted:

I'm the CIG developer that thinks modern aircraft refuel by just being in close formation with each other.

The fuel just pisses out of the back of one plane into the gaping mouth other one, then it's just time to shake your hair free and go full loving burn

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DarkRefreshment posted:

Also, gently caress in-air refuelling.
Or maybe just DCS' implementation of it.

The upside is that the enemy aircraft is really close when you eventually, inevitably, just have to pump it full of 30mm.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
if they are spaceship in space why are they flying in formation at all? couldn't they just, you know, float there in space?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DarkRefreshment posted:

incoming Elite-style "fuel shooters" lol

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Alright so we've been hard at work over these last 6 years to create the most immersive video game of all time. Unfortunately, we've come across some pretty big hurdles and, as a result, we've dropped the game portion until further notice. Work on the video side of things will continue as normal."

Every time I read about Star Citizen I'm constantly reminded of that old Penny Arcade comic about Freelancer.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I can only picture crobberts as a combination of rick from rick and morty and Kirk

I uhh *belch* w-woullldd like to ...... present to uhhhyouuuuu *wet belch* squadron forty.... forty.... forty... errr *belch* 2

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

peter gabriel posted:

if they are spaceship in space why are they flying in formation at all? couldn't they just, you know, float there in space?

Nobody at CIG understands Newton's laws of motion

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

If they aren't moving then the space-intakes the ships have won't be able to do whatever the hell it is that they do. I believe they are used for refueling by collecting a few hydrogen atoms as they shush around.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

incoming Elite-style "fuel shooters" lol

Every time I read about Star Citizen I'm constantly reminded of that old Penny Arcade comic about Freelancer.

Oh if we only knew that comic would see into the future

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

trucutru posted:

If they aren't moving then the space-intakes the ships have won't be able to do whatever the hell it is that they do. I believe they are used for refueling by collecting a few hydrogen atoms as they shush around.

Insert a gif of the space ship flailing it's thrusters around like a coked out space crab

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

actual product

There is no product.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Also, gently caress in-air refuelling.
Or maybe just DCS' implementation of it.

The upside is that the enemy aircraft is really close when you eventually, inevitably, just have to pump it full of 30mm.

Wanna see something cool look up the B-2 in-air refueling. That's what 2 billion buys ya.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Scruffpuff posted:

The only time I've ever seen actual footage of Sandi doing motion capture, she was faced with the demanding "acting" task of walking across a room.

What followed could only be described as a bipedal alien doing his best impression of a "hyuu-monn" walk. It was so stilted and awkward that Peter Weller took notes in case he gets a chance to go back in time and refilm RoboCop.

I can only pray that some form of SQ42 releases. Even 60 seconds of Sandi's "acting" will fuel this thread for months.

http://i.imgur.com/gwStNxu.gifv

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

*waves hands* "I want it to look like c3po who can we mo cap for that?"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

Nobody at CIG understands Newton's laws of motion

To be fair, neither did most NASA engineers until Neil Armstrong figured out that you had to slow your spacecraft down to catch up with something ahead of you. Living down the gravity well makes orbital mechanics really unintuitive, it seems. :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 24, 2017

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wanna see something cool look up the B-2 in-air refueling. That's what 2 billion buys ya.

Just remember, they aren't "docking" just gently touching tips

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Another thing I like in this gif is the bed as a prop. It isn't something cobbled together. It could support two elephants loving. All for a minor shoot.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Zzr posted:

There is no product.

Star Citizen is a game much in the same way a brick is a flotation device

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Another thing I like in this gif is the bed as a prop. It isn't something cobbled together. It could support two elephants loving. All for a minor shoot.
Don't worry, they'll get their money's worth.

Ortwin's got it lined up for a BBW tickle shoot.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

DarkRefreshment posted:

Star Citizen is a game much in the same way a brick is a flotation device

I like this comment and will steal it. A lot.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Oh with the bed there I thought this was just Pusher's 'walk of shame' after your character's hot night of humping action. I mean even if it isn't it is still a walk of shame.

I guess I don't understand nepotism development.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

FULL BUUUURN

I went out of my way to listen to Fuuull Buuurn -- it has to be a parody, goofy song they've included, right? Not even Chris can be that stuck in the 80s that he believes a 4th rate Kenny Loggins knock-off would go down well with anyone outside of a laugh?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Not even Chris can be that stuck in the 80s

What a goony mistake to make, to underestimate Chris like that.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Colostomy Bag posted:

yea they couldnt fill the carboard box with some poo poo so it didnt look like the space man is effortlessly lifting heavy cargo

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

At least they started showing more mocap scene than the one with a dude getting shot and slumping over a desk

Yes positive progression

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

DarkRefreshment posted:

Just remember, they aren't "docking" just gently touching tips

Just the tips?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Scruffpuff posted:

The only time I've ever seen actual footage of Sandi doing motion capture, she was faced with the demanding "acting" task of walking across a room.

What followed could only be described as a bipedal alien doing his best impression of a "hyuu-monn" walk. It was so stilted and awkward that Peter Weller took notes in case he gets a chance to go back in time and refilm RoboCop.

I can only pray that some form of SQ42 releases. Even 60 seconds of Sandi's "acting" will fuel this thread for months.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

peter gabriel posted:

"If a nipple jet goes off in port Olisar and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" is a philosophical thought experiment that raises questions regarding observation and knowledge of reality.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

We were talking about SC missing whole generations of space games recently. Somewhat relevant to that:
https://twitter.com/RebelGalaxy/status/867390443444514816

The guys who made Rebel Galaxy last year are making a new game that's pretty clearly inspired by Wing Commander: Privateer.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

We were talking about SC missing whole generations of space games recently. Somewhat relevant to that:

The guys who made Rebel Galaxy last year are making a new game that's pretty clearly inspired by Wing Commander: Privateer.

That is somewhat exciting. I enjoyed Rebel Galaxy even if it was a bit short and shallow.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
where the hell is the fidelity

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DarkRefreshment posted:

What the loving what? Where was this gem of aeronautical wisdom puked up?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DarkRefreshment posted:

It makes perfect sense. The lovely location coding means the ships randomly warp around in space, and on a long enough timeline the fuel tanks overlap. Boom, now both are full. Or just boom. Early days.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I went out of my way to listen to Fuuull Buuurn -- it has to be a parody, goofy song they've included, right? Not even Chris can be that stuck in the 80s that he believes a 4th rate Kenny Loggins knock-off would go down well with anyone outside of a laugh?

Me and a few muso buddies picked it apart and it's basically a very obvious rip off of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

All the elements are there and in the same order (cheeky keyboard riff into low key opening verse into anthemic chorus, the structure is pretty much identical)

It's almost as if someone said something like "I want it like..."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sunswipe posted:

What the loving what? Where was this gem of aeronautical wisdom puked up?

Just remember to be careful around Matt. He's very sensitive when you question him and may ragequit without warning. From a chat channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Look at that crappy unfidelitous pitch and roll flight model.