Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Not enough was made about "Patient Protection" part of the ACA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The CBO summary acidly remarked that they aren't counting people who buy the poo poo insurance the GOP will offer as being insured.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Teddybear posted:

14 million next year, 23 million by 2026.

That's the increase in uninsured.

The first version of the bill was 24 million by 2026, so this is not much better.

There are going to be giant riots aren't there?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/867479735915466752

lol it's going to jack premiums 20% next year compared to existing law

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

evilmiera posted:

Only until the plague takes care of them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Kareem posted:

Don't forget the 3rd part of our nuclear triad, subs. That, at least in theory, gives the President more breathing room when it comes to launching a retaliatory strike since the Russians can't first strike a submarine.

It also allowed us to stop relying on bombers as our backup plan in case the Soviets knocked out our silos since bombers like to crash.

I know we still have land based silos, but I wouldn't be surprised if those are getting phased out in favor of sea. And at least we're no longer trying to stick nukes on railroad cars.

The idea of a nuclear sub is the launch pad can be close to the enemy's land-based missiles, so if we detect them fueling or are expending an imminent launch, we can destroy the site instead.

They make a hilariously effective dead-mans switch, too, yeah.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Twooter has gone silent almost.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

Unbelievable.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

evilmiera posted:

I hate the idea that the only person capable of preventing 23 million people from losing their health care is Mitch Mcconnell.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rigel posted:

The CBO summary acidly remarked that they aren't counting people who buy the poo poo insurance the GOP will offer as being insured.

That was them getting around what Bloomberg point it out. By doing it that way it passes reconciliation while lying about the fact that it actually doesn't save money period I told you republican-led board will lie and cheat and steal and that's what they just did.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/867479700230295552

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My Twitter Account posted:

Only until the plague takes care of them.

"Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Covok posted:

That was them getting around what Bloomberg point it out. By doing it that way it passes reconciliation while lying about the fact that it actually doesn't save money period I told you republican-led board will lie and cheat and steal and that's what they just did.

this is not true in any sense

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/867480281384706048

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

evilmiera posted:

Hey, if they kill enough GOP representatives we get the house early.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Without health care? Can't afford to riot.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evilweasel posted:

This was the surprise. We kinda expected it would cover slightly more people than the original bill and save a bit less money, but I don't know that anyone including the GOP expected a 20% premium hike in 2018.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

ReidRansom posted:

Without health care? Can't afford to riot.
The sick people won't have anything to lose!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
If I'm reading it right, premiums would go down about 4% in half the country (by 2026), 20% in about 1/3rd of the country, and "we have no idea" down in the remaining 6th.

In exchange for 23 million people to lose their insurance.

that doesn't seem worth it IMO.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/867480212929425408

:suicide:

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

So by version 50 we should be all good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilmiera posted:

Most GOP voters will just believe everything Dear Leader tells them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/867480453611180033

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

If I'm reading it right, premiums would go down about 4% in half the country (by 2026), 20% in about 1/3rd of the country, and "we have no idea" down in the remaining 6th.

well we also save approximately $600 per year for each person we throw off their medical insurance

that's almost $40 bucks per american of sweet sweet deficit relief

definitely seems worth it

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

For less services as well

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yeah but isn't the office that generates the CBO score really just a liberal shill? I mean FAKE NEWS, amirite?

The new proposal is going to insure 50 billion Americans by 2015!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Time to see how dems capitalize on this besides some snarky tweets and statements, nada

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Rigel posted:

This was the surprise. We kinda expected it would cover slightly more people than the original bill and save a bit less money, but I don't know that anyone including the GOP expected a 20% premium hike in 2018.

It's not a 20% premium hike.

Next year, the high end estimate is 20-30% increase in premiums for the ACA.

The CBO forcast is 20-30% + an additional 20% premium hike.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

Well yeah, if you tell the unhealthy people to go gently caress off and die, then insurance will be cheaper to buy for everyone else.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That any House Republican can win reelection after voting for this piece of poo poo is a pretty large indictment of democracy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol if you think this is the CBO scoring Ryan or McConnell want.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah I don't see anyone being able to sell this bill with these numbers, regardless.

"No, see, it's OK! Instead of 24 million, it's only 23 million!"

I do not see this abomination getting 50 votes + Pence in the Senate. Too many Senators need to keep their jobs.

:laffo: there are only 2 somewhat at risk GOP Senators up in 2018. This will fly through and poor people will all be handed a gun with a single bullet when they next go to the doctor.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lote posted:

So you're saying with this new bill, they expect a hike of up to 50%?!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dems need to push the narrative that the House voted this through without the score.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

guidoanselmi posted:

Time to see how dems capitalize on this besides some snarky tweets and statements, nada

not really sure what you'd like to see them do that they're able to at this point

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mcmagic posted:

That any House Republican can win reelection after voting for this piece of poo poo is a pretty large indictment of white americans.

:agreed:

Skyr
Jun 9, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/867481059784626177

Melania is giving her heart to an Italian infant because she can't take this anymore

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lote posted:

lol @ the idea of passing a bill that will make premiums go up 40% in an election year

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

But will it make a difference? Time to find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Trabisnikof posted:

Ryan maybe, McConnell probably not. Ryan hates the "unworthy" which is specifically who this bill ravages.

• Locked thread