Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sefal posted:

I think at that time he wanted to kill Freeza. He knew he was horrible outclassed.

His original justification was because he wanted to "fight forever", sounds like something he would still want. Maybe he is more chill now that he has died a few times and knows he can still fight people in the afterlife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rutibex posted:

Vegita was a prideful dumb saiyan when he came to Earth to wish for immortality. Why wouldn't he want it now? He knows for a fact he is going to hell, Piccolo told him.

It seems Vegeta's karma has tipped to "good" sheerly through loving his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd go to heaven at this point.

I guess since helping with Buu, he's also helped to stop Gold Frieza, but it honestly seems so weird for everyone to just accept a former murderer of billions as their buddy. None of the other "reformed" villains are anywhere near as bad as Vegeta was.

Or I guess I could just stop being a nerd and let people have their fun. :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

It seems Vegeta's karma has tipped to "good" sheerly through loving his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd go to heaven at this point.

I guess since helping with Buu, he's also helped to stop Gold Frieza, but it honestly seems so weird for everyone to just accept a former murderer of billions as their buddy. None of the other "reformed" villains are anywhere near as bad as Vegeta was.

Or I guess I could just stop being a nerd and let people have their fun. :v:

He is personal friends with the Supreme Kai, its a case of netherworld nepotism.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Vegeta's also a candidate for successor God of Destruction, and sometimes also technically a god himself if he goes Blue.

I think that might grant you some exceptions re: going to Hell.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All GoDs (and Vegeta) Must Die

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

His original justification was because he wanted to "fight forever", sounds like something he would still want. Maybe he is more chill now that he has died a few times and knows he can still fight people in the afterlife?

Yeah I can accept this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I would hope Vegeta has grown up somewhat from his childish fighting obsession now that he has two children. Much of what we've seen in Super supports this.

Goku can at least blame things on the brain damage.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The less time Vegeta spends around Goku, the better father and husband he is.

Goku is a bad influence.

Caros
May 14, 2008

sassassin posted:

Were the subs I saw wrong or did he say he's training to defeat Goku?

He doesn't yet realize the type of tournament or how hosed up the stakes are. Give it time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Caros posted:

He doesn't yet realize the type of tournament or how hosed up the stakes are. Give it time.

That's a good point. Chief Strategist Gohan is really dropping the ball so far.

Even Supreme Kai is schooling him on tactics.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Thanks everyone for the link to the Games thread :)

Caros posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if one of the pre-tournament filler episodes is Vegeta coming to terms with the situation and flipping the gently caress out and trying to kill A) Goku B) Frieza or C) both. While Vegeta has grown a lot as both a person and a warrior, he still shows little patience for Goku's Gokuing. I'm sure his already short fuse is going to blow up by learning his wife and children's life is on the line AND he has to work together with the dictator that murdered his entire race, all because of Goku's fight boner.

That "Zen-oh would have eventually anyway" poo poo isn't going to fly with him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

extra row of teeth posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if one of the pre-tournament filler episodes is Vegeta coming to terms with the situation and flipping the gently caress out and trying to kill A) Goku B) Frieza or C) both. While Vegeta has grown a lot as both a person and a warrior, he still shows little patience for Goku's Gokuing. I'm sure his already short fuse is going to blow up by learning his wife and children's life is on the line AND he has to work together with the dictator that murdered his entire race, all because of Goku's fight boner.

Vegita would not waste time and energy on fighting Goku right away, the tournament is too important. He would bide his time and wait for the tournament to be over before he murders Goku. This is the man who begged, scraped, and bowed to Frieza (the man who killed his family and entire race) for literally years, waiting for an opportunity to get his revenge.

Vegita can be patient when he needs to.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

extra row of teeth posted:

Thanks everyone for the link to the Games thread :)

Maybe once they win the tournament Vegeta will get the same chance that the Wolf dude got and fight Goku with the chance to save the other universes, but since Vegeta beating Goku isn't something that'll truly happen anytime soon, Frieza will interrupt the fight with a cheapshot or something

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Frieza is going to be 100% a team player with no hidden motives and end up helping Goku win the tournament and save the universe. Then, at the end of his 24 hours, as he's fading away and saying goodbye to everyone, he blows up Krillin again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

Frieza is going to be 100% a team player with no hidden motives and end up helping Goku win the tournament and save the universe. Then, at the end of his 24 hours, as he's fading away and saying goodbye to everyone, Krillin blows him up.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Frieza is going to be 100% a team player with no hidden motives and end up helping Goku win the tournament and save the universe. Then, at the end of his 24 hours, as he's fading away and saying goodbye to everyone, he blows up Krillin again.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

sassassin posted:

That's a good point. Chief Strategist Gohan is really dropping the ball so far.

Even Supreme Kai is schooling him on tactics.

He just pointed out that keeping the center is not going to be some out of left field thought that will instantly win the tournament. That's not really schooling someone on tactics.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ekusukariba posted:

Maybe once they win the tournament Vegeta will get the same chance that the Wolf dude got and fight Goku with the chance to save the other universes, but since Vegeta beating Goku isn't something that'll truly happen anytime soon, Frieza will interrupt the fight with a cheapshot or something

Vegeta Beating goku wont mean its over.
Its never over when dealing with a fight happy idiot savant, hell just train more and come back for a rematch.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
vegeta and goku can't gently caress, it'd ruin all of the romantic tension

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kuroyama posted:

He just pointed out that keeping the center is not going to be some out of left field thought that will instantly win the tournament. That's not really schooling someone on tactics.

They had a blackboard. School was in session.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Vegeta Beating goku wont mean its over.
Its never over when dealing with a fight happy idiot savant, hell just train more and come back for a rematch.

Or take off his weighted clothing and say he wasn't even trying.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like that he's so focused on beating Goku despite having two victories over him, 'cos he definitely beat Goku in the Saiyan saga (though plot demands that Vegeta ultimately flee earth obviously, it wasn't Goku who directly beat him) and he technically beat him in the Buu saga, though Goku was holding back.

Vegeta can't accept technical victories as valid. Look at how angry he got when he was fighting Magetta and survived a ring out on a technicality, or how he refused to allow them to disqualify Frost despite Frost being caught red-handed violating the tournament's rule set. The only victories Vegeta actually counts as valid are ones where he's the clear winner with no ambiguity or rules lawyering involved at all. The only way he'd ever be satisfied with beating Goku is if he and Goku went at it full power and Vegeta stomped Goku, and even then Vegeta's not going to kill him at this point so that just means Goku would need to go train for the next matchup.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sassassin posted:

They had a blackboard. School was in session.

That's not what a blackboard is

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh no, the potential unlocking dance or whatever old kai does takes way too long! Hmm, if only there were a way for a Kai to travel back in time so they can do the dance in preparation for the battle. Welp, too bad all the kais destroyed their time rings in response to Zamasu, otherwise they wouldnt just forget something like that which they have the right to use as they are the supreme kais.

oh...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

spit on my clit posted:

oh no, the potential unlocking dance or whatever old kai does takes way too long! Hmm, if only there were a way for a Kai to travel back in time so they can do the dance in preparation for the battle. Welp, too bad all the kais destroyed their time rings in response to Zamasu, otherwise they wouldnt just forget something like that which they have the right to use as they are the supreme kais.

oh...

They should probably stop messing with time bullshit for a while.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that bit with Popo and the hyberbolic time chamber felt right out of DBZ abridged though, very good

wait WHY DIDNT THEY PUT GOKU IN THE TIME CHAMBER, THEY COULD EASILY GET 25 HOURS IN THERE. Get everybody in there! gently caress!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the whole scene with the supreme kai was to say, "the reason they didn't remember the plot device from a previous storyline is because the characters are idiots and it's funnier that way anyway"

this covers any other plot devices too

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

spit on my clit posted:

that bit with Popo and the hyberbolic time chamber felt right out of DBZ abridged though, very good

wait WHY DIDNT THEY PUT GOKU IN THE TIME CHAMBER, THEY COULD EASILY GET 25 HOURS IN THERE. Get everybody in there! gently caress!

The real reason is that Ultimate Goku doesn't look as cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

oh...

The rings aren't meant to be used to alter poo poo and our Kais are stupidly incompetent and probably either don't know or don't have the stupid rings anymore.

There you go.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dias posted:

The rings aren't meant to be used to alter poo poo and our Kais are stupidly incompetent and probably either don't know or don't have the stupid rings anymore.

There you go.

if they're really incompetent they would have used them, checkmate.

Cease to Hope posted:

the whole scene with the supreme kai was to say, "the reason they didn't remember the plot device from a previous storyline is because the characters are idiots and it's funnier that way anyway"

this covers any other plot devices too

You're both right though

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They were already risking being in trouble messing with time before and now you want them to go back in time when the Gods are shown literally watching their every move?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

spit on my clit posted:

oh...

Time rings can only go forward

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress. i need to read up on time rings.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

DBS posted:

"Shut up nerd, we are trying to have fun here!"

Caros
May 14, 2008

dr.acula posted:

Time rings can only go forward

Which is of course how Goku Black used it to travel back in time to fight Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Caros posted:

he went forward so far it looped around

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

he went forward so far it looped around

Zamasu king of the loophole

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Caros posted:

except that's not what happened. Black went through a distortion created by Trunks' time machine before being rubber banded back into the future. The Time Ring reacted to it, but it was definitely outside its normal method of behavior.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how are we forgetting plot events from less than a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because it's a confusing mess, as time travel usually is.

• Locked thread