Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
a 64 year old person on a fixed income earning $26,500 a year would have an expected yearly insurance cost of $13,600.

over half of your money goes to health insurance. after that you are living on poverty wages, and you're 64. there's no future for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Propaganda Hour posted:

What in the actual gently caress

- more money for us
- gently caress you

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Realize they had to have the house pass a bill that will raise premiums, cut off insurance for 50+ million and give massive tax breaks to the wealthy, just to have the senate replace the entire bill anew. All those town halls and any blowback they get over this (and there will be tons because healthcare matters to individuals) will be for a loving nothing bill.

You're missing the forest for the trees. It doesn't matter if their base keeps listening to Rush, the fact the CBO scoring is so bad for a pointless bill hurts them with their reluctant and moderate voters.

The Republicans have tricked you into seeing incompetence as wisdom by beating expectations. The idea the House bill would fail the CBO reconciliation limit assumes Ryan's team majorly hosed up on their math.

Instead, they didn't gently caress up their math, they just made the house pass a pointlessly ghoulish bill to try and appease a right wing that can't be appeased.

The GOP doesn't have reluctant and moderate voters. They literally do not care about anyone else but themselves. The trick is convincing them that this hurts them and not minorities and that would involve them listening to non-Drudgeland arguments.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

On the opposite note of Baptist Anime: Far Cry 5 info is coming out and it looks like the game is not only going to loving own, but be about killing white Christian supremacists in Montana. What're the odds the MAGA chuds are out in full force already, complaining about how it's not Muslims you're shooting and that LIBTARDS ARE RUINING ARE GAMES?

I may have to purchase my first Far Cry, holy poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oval office.jpg

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Have any GOPers come out in favor of these results yet? The spin will be terrible.

Paul Ryan said it successfully lowers the deficit.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
From guardian liveblog

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ncert-live-news

quote:

Ministers 'furious' at US leaks

The UK government has expressed its anger after photographs apparently showing fragments from the Manchester bomb were leaked to the New York Times. A Whitehall source said:

"We are furious. This is completely unacceptable. These images leaked from inside the US system will be distressing for victims, their families and the wider public. The issue is being raised at every relevant level by the British authorities with their US counterparts."

The images appeared just hours after the home secretary, Amber Rudd, told the US authorities not to leak information. That came after details about the attack emerged in American media on Tuesday before being confirmed by British police. Rudd had said that she was “irritated” by the early release of Salman Abedi’s name and had made “very clear” to American counterparts that no further leaks should happen.

The row goes to the heart of the close intelligence-sharing relationship between the transatlantic allies and provides an awkward backdrop to Theresa May’s meeting with the US president, Donald Trump, at the Nato summit in Brussels on Thursday.

It's been obvious since the bombing everything being sent to the US was being leaked as American networks continually broadcast info that wouldn't be confirmed by the British Authorities until hours later.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Imagine the sound of clinking frosty cold bottles of bud light in the rose garden

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

B B posted:

If you think the 20% premium increase is crazy:

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/867482139566145536

That's in the age group that went most heavily for Trump... it certainly seems like pure suicide for the GOP, but will they care considering they only have a few at risk Senate seats in 2018?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/TummyEwok/status/867482795626692608

My favorite response to him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

B B posted:

Gonna be some good ads on this one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So we're saving 119 billion dollars over 10 years to kick 23 million people off of health insurance.

Just to spell that out, that's 517 dollars per person, per year for health insurance coverage, if they don't pass this bill.

517 dollars per person to insure 23 million people? How is that not regarded as a loving STEAL?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 24, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

The GOP doesn't have reluctant and moderate voters. They literally do not care about anyone else but themselves. The trick is convincing them that this hurts them and not minorities and that would involve them listening to non-Drudgeland arguments.
...the fox news demographic would have their insurance go up by $10k a year. that's a problem

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Assuming that 1% might be wealthy enough to get a tax break, 25% of the country are loving morons. Seems about right.

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/867484408764346368

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Crows Turn Off posted:

"Fox News said the DEMONCRATS did this! Better keep voting for Republicans!"

This. People are stupid.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I was at a military funeral today, and the widow was keeping it together pretty well until the poor soldier presented the flag, saying "on behalf of the President of the United States..." and she started weeping and yelled "NO! Not the President!!" Pretty much ruined her day, which is saying something, considering.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

theflyingorc posted:

a 64 year old person on a fixed income earning $26,500 a year would have an expected yearly insurance cost of $13,600.

over half of your money goes to health insurance. after that you are living on poverty wages, and you're 64. there's no future for you.

We are about to test Justice Neil Gorsuch's thesis on assisted suicide.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Crows Turn Off posted:

"Fox News said the DEMONCRATS did this! Better keep voting for Republicans!"
"Support for the bill remains high among surviving Trump voters."

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

theflyingorc posted:

Can we just quote this verbatim and parrot it all over Twitter?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

...the fox news demographic would have their insurance go up by $10k a year. that's a problem

The fox news demographic accepting that is the GOP's fault is going to involve making them listen to the fact that it's the GOP and not Democrats Ruining Our Bill. If they force the 'first part' through they can just blame the Democrats for things getting worse. (This is obviously nonsense bullshit but so is everything the GOP says and it keeps working.)

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/867483717887025156

:lol:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

That's in the age group that went most heavily for Trump... it certainly seems like pure suicide for the GOP, but will they care considering they only have a few at risk Senate seats in 2018?

At this point the GOP is counting on their base never abandoning them, no matter what - that they'll hem and haw and let their approval ratings dip but then pull the lever for a Republican anyway, because anything else is unthinkable.

It's not an unsafe bet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Chilichimp posted:

So we're saving 119 billion dollars over 10 years to kick 23 million people off of health insurance.

Just to spell that out, that's 517 dollars per person, per year for health insurance coverage, if we didn't pass this bill.

517 dollars per person to insure 23 million people? How is that not regarded as a loving STEAL?

Where is your compassion for guys who make $950K a year?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/867479361171189760

I'm not exactly sure how Cillizza is still breathing at this point. Don't they remove life support from the brain dead?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

B B posted:

Seriously did the AARP all have heart attacks and die and that's why they haven't put the stink of impending death on this?

Or do elderly poor not have memberships so they don't really care

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Chilichimp posted:

Just to spell that out, that's 517 dollars per person, per year for health insurance coverage, if we didn't pass this bill.

Some of those people are black, brown and therefore you have to factor in how much they've already stolen from the govt. Once you do those figures go up to 1,488 per person.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lmao

they gotta vote again

after the recess

while the horrible numbers get blasted everywhere

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

excuse me but you are literally taking food out of the mouths of my children

my extremely obese children, since all of those taxes were levied on people who make well more than $250k per year and apparently all of that money goes to feeding my children

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, what?

Are you serious.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ReidRansom posted:

Seriously did the AARP all have heart attacks and die and that's why they haven't put the stink of impending death on this?

Or do elderly poor not have memberships so they don't really care

The AARP has been heavily against this bill and its previous incarnations, Republicans just passed it any way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Where is your compassion for guys who make $950K a year?

Hilariously, the republicans regard it as loving STEALING.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Hahaha they managed the ultimate self-own!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zikan posted:

lmao

they gotta vote again

after the recess

while the horrible numbers get blasted everywhere

I'm confused. Some people are saying Trumpcare provides $119 billion in savings, and others are saying that it violates reconciliation rules.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

SubG posted:

"Support for the bill remains high among surviving Trump voters."

Literal survivorship bias.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Oh jesus did they really corn cob themselves this bad

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

one of these loving days I'm going to sit down with the Big Book of How Reconciliation Actually Works and the next day the Senate is just going to go ahead and abolish the filibuster

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's a 100 billion dollar transfer of wealth from health care spending to the rich's pockets. Period.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I do not think he is correct at all

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

farraday posted:

From guardian liveblog

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ncert-live-news

It's been obvious since the bombing everything being sent to the US was being leaked as American networks continually broadcast info that wouldn't be confirmed by the British Authorities until hours later.

the next couple presidents are going to be spending their entire terms just unfucking our relations with everyone :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mister Adequate posted:

Oh jesus did they really corn cob themselves this bad

No. Tweet's already gone.

• Locked thread