Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tweet already down, so I'm guessing thats not correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pendragon posted:

Lol if you think they aren't happy with this. It made the reconciliation limit. That's probably all they wanted.

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/867483717887025156

Please help me understand.

edit: Oh the guy deleted? welp guess that confirms it :(

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is this accurate. I have no loving clue how this poo poo works and rely on accurate analysis

e: deleted as I was posting. Hopefully not because it was wholly inaccurate.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Oxxidation posted:

No. Tweet's already gone.

I just saw that :(

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Deleted the tweet

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Health bill of the century folks

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
He deleted his tweet after it was pointed out that he was probably wrong, and it did meet the reconciliation threshold :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Deadulus posted:

51 million total.

24 million was the difference from Obamacare

And most of the ones expected under Obamacare are because of states that didn't accept the medicaid expansion

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was about to say, I didn't understand what point he was making.

:smith:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

awww :(

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Z. Autobahn posted:

He deleted his tweet after it was pointed out that he was probably wrong, and it did meet the reconciliation threshold :(

They still have to get to 50, and there's significant doubt that is possible.

Unless McConnell has taken all the senate R's pets hostage or something.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
This is what happens when you hope :(

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Z. Autobahn posted:

It didn't just meet it, it blew past the minimum requirement. It needed to save 2 billion or more over 10 years, and the saving runs 12 digits. (by literally letting people die and pocketing the money instead of spending money to save their lives)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/business/status/867486424899215362
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/867486740738699264

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Welp, sorry for getting everyone's hopes up :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/867483554942402560

LOL USA Today

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

So when's the senate going to vote on it?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Well it was an entertaining thought at least.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is he right? Other people have said the opposite

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

who the gently caress was in charge of this

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

The GOP doesn't have reluctant and moderate voters. They literally do not care about anyone else but themselves. The trick is convincing them that this hurts them and not minorities and that would involve them listening to non-Drudgeland arguments.

That's your opinion but it isn't really backed by the evidence. There are large chunks of people who voted for GOP candidates who did so reluctantly and/or hold moderate views, it is fairly evident in polling. Likewise, they're not all literally selfish evil people. A bunch of them are but the Republican Party's power is in convincing the desperate and ignorant that Republicans want to help. The AHCA can be used as counter-evidence

Not everyone who votes Republican is a Drudge reader and Nazi lover. There tons of groups who are voting Republican out of ignorant desperation and poo poo like AHCA can get some of them to stay home. A small reduction in Republican turn out can help swing an election if we have the Democratic turnout to match.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

gently caress your stupid rag. Who even buys your paper anymore.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJfKdp3bDs

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
So, upshot is this thing is still as toxic or more than expected, so the Senate sticks to the plan of rolling their own from scratch?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Is this a joke, because seriously. Seriously.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Given that I can't see that Topher Spiro tweet, it looks like it's still getting past reconciliation.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Quist is running heavily on healthcare, isn't he? And the special election is tomorrow?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eviltastic posted:

So, upshot is this thing is still as toxic or more than expected, so the Senate sticks to the plan of rolling their own from scratch?

About as toxic and it torpedoes some of the republican lies re: the MacArthur amendment.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You know who has it WAY too good in this country? Elderly poor people. gently caress THEM. AMIRITE!?!?!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Ekster posted:

So when's the senate going to vote on it?

This bill will never pass the Senate. They may or may not vote for something else, but McConnell said this morning that he wasn't sure how to get to 50 on any health care bill.

The score was eagerly anticipated by political nerds like us, and Democrat ad writers needed to know what number to fill in the blank for next year's attack ads.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

mcmagic posted:

You know who has it WAY too good in this country? Elderly poor people. gently caress THEM. AMIRITE!?!?!

Rape victims are being pampered left and right!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Rigel posted:

Judging from my experience, midlevel hotel chains.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rigel posted:

Unfortunately, nearly twice as many people as the New York Times.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mcmagic posted:

Sure, but only the white ones.

Actually gently caress it, my family kicks the bucket in our 60s. bring on the elder death.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Republicans hate the elderly but they also want their money.
It's a complicated relationship.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

pumpinglemma posted:

Quist is running heavily on healthcare, isn't he? And the special election is tomorrow?

Yes, he's pretty much ignored Trump and Russia and has been hammering his opponent on health care.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

This is what happens when you hope :(

Seriously, I just feel like giving up at this point

I'm sorry for my outburst about nuclear weapons earlier; it's just that I'm worried about the chain reaction a strike on them could cause, such as a war with China, or Russia (since they're trying to improve relationships with North Korea).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/867361384870420481

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
What did the deleted tweet say?