Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

psydude posted:

Reduces the deficit by $119bn whole leaving 23 million people uninsured.

That's chump change.

but 664b in tax cuts for the wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They'll just take that and start new companies to give those 23 million people healthcare. Unless they have a pre-existing condition, that is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

1/6th of the population will lose their pre-existing condition protections.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

And yeah states can just opt the gently caress out and offer poo poo tier cheap as gently caress catastrophic coverage that will lead to overall increase in out of pocket healthcare expenses because nothing is covered.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
They removed about 0.5 nuts out of a piece of poo poo full of them.

The ads are going to write themselves.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Montana has a special election tomorrow, and Georgia has one in two weeks.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
God I hope this becomes law for a little while. It'll destroy the GOP, permanently.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

At the most highly anticipated meeting on President Donald Trump's first foreign odyssey, the ever-shifting pecking order of a tumultuous White House was on full display.

Not seen was one of Trump's most visible hands: Sean Spicer, the embattled press secretary and Catholic who was eagerly anticipating the meeting with Pope Francis.

... Ultimately, the formalities of West Wing titles mean less than family ties or longevity in Trump world. Spicer, for example, is an assistant to the President -- the top-ranking title for White House aides -- and Catholic, but was informed before the meeting there wasn't room for him on the roster.
Spicer did not respond to a request for comment.
Asked about Spicer not being included in the group that met the Pope, a source close to the White House said: "Wow. That's all he wanted," adding it should "very much" be seen as a slight.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Old people are going to remember their lucky 800% premium increase threat.

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/867482139566145536

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

And yeah states can just opt the gently caress out and offer poo poo tier cheap as gently caress catastrophic coverage that will lead to overall increase in out of pocket healthcare expenses because nothing is covered.

You mean the bronze plan? Those things are basically scam tier offerings as is.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd be surprised at how naked the corruption is but at this point I'm almost impressed. Nepotism out the rear end, massive scandals involving foreign interference in the goddamn election process, gently caress you and die while we keep more money budgets... it's honestly kind of impressive how brazen this poo poo is.

Get the guillotine.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

God I hope this becomes law for a little while. It'll destroy the GOP, permanently.

In a sane world maybe

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Two Finger posted:

In a sane world maybe

In this timeline, they'll be praised for "cutting the deficit" and "repealing Obamacare", regardless of what happens in reality. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like some of these die hard trump supporters are legitimately mentally ill, or at least unbalanced.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But hey, $664 billion in tax cuts for the wealthy.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 24, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm sorry, $874 billion in tax cuts for the wealthy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

But hey, $664 billion in tax cuts for the wealthy.

Everyone needs to stop complaining and just become wealthy that's the American dream!!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really kinda want to work for the CBO. It's exactly the kind of work I do (researching topics and making lots of charts and graphs and reports that nobody reads) but this administration I would get the opportunity to dunk on republicans all day.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Two Finger posted:

In a sane world maybe

You'll pry that party membership card from the cold dead hands of a lot of older people, but the under 40 crowd voted against Trump and the GoP en masse in 2016. That's problematic for long term retention as their base dies out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pine Cone Jones posted:

In this timeline, they'll be praised for "cutting the deficit" and "repealing Obamacare", regardless of what happens in reality. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like some of these die hard trump supporters are legitimately mentally ill, or at least unbalanced.

Honestly dude it's not even half their faults. I can't even begin to fathom how badly the whole media bubble has hosed people's perceptions. Fox and all of those have a lot to answer for.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psydude posted:

You'll pry that party membership card from the cold dead hands of a lot of older people, but the under 40 crowd voted against Trump and the GoP en masse in 2016. That's problematic for long term retention as their base dies out.

what if their plan is for everyone poor to die out instead of just old people? then again a lot of old people are going to die soon/quickly if they go through with all these cuts so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So the healthcare bill they came up with is entirely purposed around nuking coverage for their voters?

:confused:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my mom texted me "gently caress PAUL RYAN"

she's voted straight red since nixon (except for obama in 08/12 :ssh:)

there's your hot take from the establishment

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Buca di Bepis posted:

So the healthcare bill they came up with is entirely purposed around nuking coverage for their voters?

:confused:

Their healthcare bill is designed for one purpose - $874bn in tax cuts for the wealthy.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And here's a New York Times editor saying they have a scoop about to drop.

https://twitter.com/TheoTypes/status/867489697265836034

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to ignore current events the entire time

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to ignore current events the entire time

then youre not drinking enough

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/nwlc/status/867486005443670016

Ah, there's that pro-life GOP we know and love :patriot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

THOSE WHORES JUST NEED TO KEEP THEIR KNEES TOGETHER

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How about some Russia news: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/russia-trump-manafort-flynn.html

We have them discussing how best to work with Trump's people (Flynn and Manafort specifically) to influence the election.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 24, 2017

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Buca di Bepis posted:

After all this I'm taking two weeks off to escape into the Maine wilderness and may not come back out.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm hoping the collapse of civilization happens later next month while I'm in Vegas so I can experience it firsthand and/or be saved from the nuclear apocalypse by Mr. House such that I can roam the wastelands

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

After all this I'm taking two weeks off to escape into the Maine wilderness and may not come back out.

I did that a few years ago. Maine owns

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Two Finger posted:

I did that a few years ago. Maine owns

Except for the lack of jobs in Western and Northern Maine that made me join the army, and overall lack of hope. I get what you're saying about understanding why these people voted for him and still hold out support; they just seem to hope that maybe they won't be totally hosed if they hold on a little longer. I don't know, reading too much of Hunter S Thompson's writings lately has just made me even more pessimistic. This has been coming for decades but no one seemed to realize, on a large scale, how bad things really could be.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
CNN just reported that the Racist Perjury Elf lied on his SF-86 Security Clearance request by not listing his contacts with Russians.

gently caress, the whole administration can't fill out a SF-86 worth a drat.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html?adkey=bn

Justification: Some FBI lackey said I didn't need to.

quote:

Sessions initially listed a year's worth of meetings with foreign officials on the security clearance form, according to Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores. But she says he and his staff were then told by an FBI employee who assisted in filling out the form, known as the SF-86, that he didn't need to list dozens of meetings with foreign ambassadors that happened in his capacity as a senator.
The FBI declined to comment for this story.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 24, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeff Sessions did not disclose his russian contacts on his sf-86.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lol

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The freedom caucus is making noise about raising the debt limit.

If the debt limit does not raise, the banks melt down, then the rest of the economy.

Trump on campaign said repeatedly that defaulting on the debt might be a good idea.

Here is what I expect to happen: the freedom caucus will demand conditions to raise the debt limit. Our idiot president will support them. Rs will need to support them near unanimously because dems won't support whatever conditions the freedom caucus demands. All that leaves almost no room for defections. And it's impossible to get all the freedom caucus to vote yes on a debt limit even if their conditions are met, because like most people who fetishize money and the economy, they know nothing about it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

facialimpediment posted:

CNN just reported that the Racist Perjury Elf lied on his SF-86 Security Clearance request by not listing his contacts with Russians.

gently caress, the whole administration can't fill out a SF-86 worth a drat.

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html?adkey=bn

Justification: Some FBI lackey said I didn't need to.
Dumbass privates can fill out paperwork better than this doofus? Well, I'll be damned!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Best Friends posted:

The freedom caucus is making noise about raising the debt limit.

:downs: I AM GOING TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD BECAUSE MY VOTERS WANT IT
:confused: uh why would you do that, that's stupid
:downs: MY VOTERS WANT ME TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD
:confused: no they don't that's stupid
:downs: I'M BEGGING YOU TO TAKE THIS GUN OUT OF MY HAND OR I WILL SHOOT MYSELF IN THE HEAD
:confused: ok I guess I'll take the gun out of your hand then

The above is literally every negotiation/statement about the Debt Ceiling.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Maine chat: my best friend and army buddy is from Maine. I'd love to move there to be able to hang out with him all the time. Just chill out doing Dad things together, hunting fishing shooting guns and drinking beer. Like no poo poo just going to his place makes me feel calm from all my sadbrains bullshit. Next time I'm out there I'm gonna twist his arm to go camping in the Allagash wilderness and go hike Mt Katahdin. Trying to figure out what I should take him to do when him and his wife come visit me in Washington this summer. Most definitely Rainier and St Helens.

• Locked thread