Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

welp, thats money Fox wasted, because I assume they are going to bury this.

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/867501636981313537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

glowing-fish posted:

Its a short drive with no intervening mountains between Grand Rapids and New York City

If by "short" you mean "you might not have to stay in a hotel if you leave at the crack of dawn".

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Democrats. :ughh:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

glowing-fish posted:

Well, the coast is the area between the ocean and once you hit some sort of relief or mountains. Since there are no mountains, it is all coast.

... but there are mountains. We have three loving mountain ranges. Two of which are entirely contained within the state, as I recall.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

evilweasel posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/867500914332053505

paul ryan has to come hat in hand to nancy pelosi and beg her for the votes to prevent economic meltdown

again
Once again we find ourselves thanking the HFC for being as crazy as they are.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Why the hell are you arguing about wilderness and not coming up with hunting plans for white meat.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nothus posted:

What is wrong with a AUMF?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Covok posted:

I do write my congressman, phone bank for Democrats, and volunteered at soup kitchen. I also do other things. But this election taught me that a bunch of people telling me everything is alright is the wrong advice to take. Those people are always wrong and things are always worse than you expect. The bad thing will always happen and the evil guys will always win. So you got a fight as hard as possible to eke out some kind of pathetic victory. That's all that goodness will ever achieve in this universe for we live in a very uncaring place and our lives do not matter.

You suck

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

glowing-fish posted:

Well, the coast is the area between the ocean and once you hit some sort of relief or mountains. Since there are no mountains, it is all coast.

my dude you are doing your region no favors when it comes to our stereotypes of you

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Stupid tweet alert

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/867492894948696064

"we can't actually come up with a good plan, so we're going to gently caress the current plan up as much as possible, and you'll beg for our lovely plan then!"

cool messaging republicans

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Buca di Bepis posted:

what on earth

I guess I should have to correct myself: since Mount Marcy is over 5,280 feet tall, it is a mountain.

But other than that one mountain, there are no mountains in New York State.

...have you never seen mountains?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

glowing-fish posted:

Since the Appalachians apparently don't count as mountains I guess everything from Colorado to the east is "east coast"? Or just east of the Mississippi?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

piss

piiiisssss

pppiiiissssss

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Anyone wanna go back to the time when we thought all politicians wanted to help people

I was about 7

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Nothus posted:

No actually a new AUMF is needed and should have been done years ago.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

while we are on the subject of people that east coast elitists look down on, how's the honorable former senator from alabama doing

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/867502050128613377

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Rigel posted:

What is wrong with a AUMF?

I know about the saying of "Never get involved in a land war in Asia" but has anyone ever tried two land wars in Asia? Sometimes you have to go deeper into the cave to dig yourself out.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

Trying to make the bill bipartisan to avoid, well, the last 7 years of heath care wars.

They don't want to make the bill actually bipartisan. If they did it wouldn't be kicking millions of people to the curb because "lol gently caress 'em they aren't rich." They want the appearance of being bipartisan so they can blame everything on the Democrats.

Unfortunately they've put themselves in a situation where they have total power and no way to spin the disaster their health plan would actually be. Literally every promised GOP policy point is going to make things worse for >90% of Americans if it actually goes into effect. They painted themselves into a corner and are desperately trying to resolve the situation without destroying their own political power. However, they're increasingly hated by the public, Trump has historically low approval ratings, and they're at the point where they have to either change course or openly admit that they just don't care what the American public wants. Generally speaking the American public's view of the ACA is "good but needs some improvements. Let's keep it and fix it." The Republican plan is literally "burn the whole thing down and I don't care how many people burn to death with it."

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Supremezero posted:

... but there are mountains. We have three loving mountain ranges. Two of which are entirely contained within the state, as I recall.

OMG...wait

Do you really, seriously, really...think you have mountains.

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Lote posted:

I know about the saying of "Never get involved in a land war in Asia" but has anyone ever tried two land wars in Asia? Sometimes you have to go deeper into the cave to dig yourself out.

No you idiots, dig UP!

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

I wish I had the kind of crazy-rear end James Bond submarine car it would take to drive straight from Grand Rapids through Lake Michigan to New York City

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ummmmm is this new?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html?adkey=bn

quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not disclose meetings he had last year with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance, the Justice Department told CNN Wednesday.
Sessions, who met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at least two times last year, didn't note those interactions on the form, which requires him to list "any contact" he or his family had with a "foreign government" or its "representatives" over the past seven years, officials said.

Please take Sessions out too :pray:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Lote posted:

My experience in Minecraft corroborates this. Accelerate!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The tiny solace is everyone of those dumbass Republican tweets is getting swarmed with people calling them the ratfuckers they are. I don't really have a lot of faith left in this country since we are just too polarized but it would be nice if maybe we woke up for a bit and realized that one of our parties is literally trying to kill us and isn't acting in good faith.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

glowing-fish posted:

I guess I should have to correct myself: since Mount Marcy is over 5,280 feet tall, it is a mountain.

But other than that one mountain, there are no mountains in New York State.

...have you never seen mountains?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

evilweasel posted:

while we are on the subject of people that east coast elitists look down on, how's the honorable former senator from alabama doing

...Alabama is on the East Coast?

I mean, its full of small minded people, and doesn't have any wilderness areas, so I just think of Alabama and Rhode Island as pretty much the same thing.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I didn't think there'd be a worse derail than loving mortgage talk but god drat this coast bullshit buries that. SHUT THE gently caress UP.

A major news story just dropped and you fucknuts are arguing geography.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

glowing-fish posted:

OMG...wait

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountains_of_New_York

You're Really Stupid, Mate

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

Appalachians???

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

I know they don't directly touch the Atlantic, but they are very close to the East Coast, and there are no mountains or natural barriers.

Its a short drive with no intervening mountains between Grand Rapids and New York City, so its pretty much the East Coast.

If you look at Ohio and New York State, there is no real demographic difference between them. They are both states with no wilderness areas, no mountains, similar population densities, most of their population lives in a few megapolises. Also, states where people are parochial and backwards. If I am talking to someone from either state, I have to remember not to bite my tongue when they talk about mountains, and not to smirk condescendingly when they talk in conspirational whispers about buying marijuana.

Google maps says it's a 13-hour drive. You could drive from New York to like Georgia in the same amount of time. Also no mountains between them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

evilweasel posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAH

No wonder he couldn't stop 'NO SIR DON'T KNOW NO RUSSIANS!' when he wasn't even asked about that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They don't want to make the bill actually bipartisan. If they did it wouldn't be kicking millions of people to the curb because "lol gently caress 'em they aren't rich." They want the appearance of being bipartisan so they can blame everything on the Democrats.

I was talking about the Democrats in passing Obamacare, why they permitted Republican amendments and worked to get their votes even though they didn't need them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

glowing-fish posted:

OMG...wait

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

Oh my god.

This is amazing.

Our east coast elitism has been stolen by Montana.

Over mountains.

No wonder he wants to be east coast, can't have our supposed elitism without it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

OMG...wait

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

I don't say this often on these forums but you're acting like a loving idiot.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

glowing-fish posted:

OMG...wait

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

Flapjack Monty posted:

I wish I had the kind of crazy-rear end James Bond submarine car it would take to drive straight from Grand Rapids through Lake Michigan to New York City

Lake Michigan is on the other side of the state.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

RandomBlue posted:

I didn't think there'd be a worse derail than loving mortgage talk but god drat this coast bullshit buries that. SHUT THE gently caress UP.

A major news story just dropped and you fucknuts are arguing geography.

I will be updating the Russian thread. Then I am going to report myself and request a one day probation because I can't top the hilarity of people in Connecticut talking about their majestic mountains.

I feel mean. I mean, its like telling a three year playing with a toy airplane that he isn't really a pilot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

glowing-fish posted:

OMG...wait

OMG.

Just...I don't.

Wow.

The Appalachians? Or are you mountain shaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Well this has to be the stupidest derail yet.

• Locked thread