Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
We need some kind of Soylent Green petrol. That'll solve two problems at once.

PC Chat: I can't remember how much my PC cost, but I got it maybe 6 years back, and all I've upgraded is some RAM and a modest graphics card when I got Fallout 4. The only thing I feel I miss out on is console exclusive titles, which is more someone else's business decisions than anything to do with the hardware itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I've never been able to get into console gaming. I think it's just that I'm too old, as I can never get used to the controllers. KB + Mouse is just ingrained into my soul from the days of Doom and Duke Nukem I guess.

:corsair:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

blk posted:

So, who here would give up beef for sports cars? I know I would.

As someone that finally bought a pellet smoker/grill just one year ago the answer is no.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It sounds more like ignorance than anything else. At least it's not malicious.

My wife bought herself a new car "because she deserved it, and doesn't want anyone elses hand-me-downs" (meanwhile I have never owned a new ~anything~)."
She then proceeded to hit 2 gas station bollards, a parked car, a not parked car, a wall, a shelf, another wall, and god only knows what but I hope it was already dead.
The next day someone scratched her door and she LOST HER loving MIND.
A few weeks ago she rear ended someone and totaled it. We didn't even wait for the insurance money, we just went out and bought her ANOTHER brand new Rav4 :shrug:
It's not like she wants to hurt her car. It's just that she's incapable of being a good car owner. Some people are just bad people, but we love them anyway.
At least now her car will slam on the brakes for her when she fucks up.

:thunk:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

I've never been able to get into console gaming. I think it's just that I'm too old, as I can never get used to the controllers. KB + Mouse is just ingrained into my soul from the days of Doom and Duke Nukem I guess.

:corsair:

KB is essential still for FPS games for me but a lot of other games are better with a controller, like GTA 5, dark souls games, ect.

i only use my ps3 for streaming nowadays :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

how did you manage to get a current gen system for $150? Discount?

Clicked an online store and paid what they asked... It's a 'fat' PS4 and they were making way for the slim versions.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
So glad the worst car thing my wife does is not clean them. I'll think of this thread and take a deep breath next time I hop in to find all the cup holders full of used napkins and snack wrappers and empty cups.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Sour beer recommendations? PNW and Westcoast specific please. I'm big on most other beer styles but just haven't dug into the sour scene yet

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Maksimus54 posted:

Sour beer recommendations? PNW and Westcoast specific please. I'm big on most other beer styles but just haven't dug into the sour scene yet

All of them :v:

Seriously, though, I can never remember the names of which ones I've had. Haven't had one I disliked, but some I've liked more than others. Just go to a place that has a ton of stuff on tap and get some tasters until you find one you like. Although, I will say that I was really not sold on the idea my first couple sips, but by the middle of the glass I was really digging it. So you might just want to dive in!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Maksimus54 posted:

Trading Post Brewery has some good sour stuff if you can get weird suburban Vancouver beers.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Maksimus54 posted:

I just drank a couple of Unita Gose and it was good I guess? I'm not a sour fan and I think it was a little salty and I don't know if I want to finish the rest of this 6 pack.
Did I mention I'm not a sour fan?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just finished nice build for a customer i7-7700 with gtx 1070 must be nice to have the time to play games

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm running a 5 year old Dell Precision T5500 with dual Quad Core E5550 Xeons and a GeForce GTX 980 for my desktop. Works great, and was cheap as dirt.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

everdave posted:

Just finished nice build for a customer i7-7700 with gtx 1070 must be nice to have the time to play games

My computer has been in a box for 2 months now because my wife thinks it's an eyesore.
Must be nice to have a computer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

everdave posted:

This is what my build is :3:

I have three nights a week to myself when the waifu is at work and it's pretty nice. She's all about quality time and I need alone time to unwind so it works perfectly

Hell it'll even work when we have kids and their bedtime is 8p :mrgw:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

My wife bought herself a new car "because she deserved it, and doesn't want anyone elses hand-me-downs" (meanwhile I have never owned a new ~anything~)."
A few weeks ago she rear ended someone and totaled it. We didn't even wait for the insurance money, we just went out and bought her ANOTHER brand new Rav4 :shrug:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

My computer has been in a box for 2 months now because my wife thinks it's an eyesore.

All okay on the home front, mate?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

....uh, are you okay?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Lol what. I hope you make her put *a thing she likes* away because you don't like it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

spog posted:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol what. I hope you make her put *a thing she likes* away because you don't like it.

Yeah I mean happy wife happy life etc but at the risk of sounding like e/n, have you considered getting some therapy or marriage counselling or :sever:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I indulged at lunch (boss paid) and had two freaking potato skins and it was 450 loving calories! The waiter told me they weren't deep fried and he fuckin lied! Now I'm starving and don't want to go over my calorie allotment for the day.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Maksimus54 posted:

I'm giving you my three all-time favorite sour beers and they aren't from the west coast or pnw or even America for that matter and I don't care because you need to loving taste them:

1. Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste - Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge
2. Brouwerij Van Steenberge - Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour
3. De Brabandere - Petrus Oud Bruin

Do it. loving do it. Oh god I'm ordering some.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

it sounds to me like u need to grow some bigger balls (or buy a pretty case)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

gently caress I forgot about Verhaeghe's Duchesse de Bourgogne get that one too holy gently caress I'm salivating right now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dammit I'm trying to lose some weight but y'all are talking about tasty beers and deep fried potato skins :(

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I indulged at lunch (boss paid) and had two freaking potato skins and it was 450 loving calories! The waiter told me they weren't deep fried and he fuckin lied! Now I'm starving and don't want to go over my calorie allotment for the day.

One meal or cheat day isn't going to ruin your diet. Go eat dinner normally.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

spog posted:

CommieGIR posted:

....uh, are you okay?

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah I mean happy wife happy life etc but at the risk of sounding like e/n, have you considered getting some therapy or marriage counselling or :sever:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

it sounds to me like u need to grow some bigger balls (or buy a pretty case)

I suppose I should qualify this with "we were trying to sell our house" followed by "I don't have my own office, and my computer is on the living room floor"(that's a whole other discussion) followed by "which is why we're trying to sell our house. Also I happen to think my case is very pretty, tyvm.
It's all good. Though it would be better if she'd stop freaking out about how I'm going to move everything and start packing up her poo poo :P
I did manage to get a trailer out of the whole moving out ordeal so I've got that going for me.

Kazinsal posted:

Dammit I'm trying to lose some weight but y'all are talking about tasty beers and deep fried potato skins :(
That does it. Goin' to buy beer now.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

What the guy above said. Do not try to compensate for a duff meal choice, eat exactly as you would had you not had it, and let it damp out.

If you really can't do that, swap food for a protein shake.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

One meal or cheat day isn't going to ruin your diet. Go eat dinner normally.

I'm just pissed because they weren't even good and if I'm gonna cheat I should have spent it on something delicious.

InitialDave posted:

What the guy above said. Do not try to compensate for a duff meal choice, eat exactly as you would had you not had it, and let it damp out.

If you really can't do that, swap food for a protein shake.

Protein shakes are so nasty though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Try different brands. It's hit an miss. MyProtein Micellar Casein is my normal shout.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Try different brands. It's hit an miss. MyProtein Micellar Casein is my normal shout.

I'm on my 5th or 6th brand at this point. All so yucky.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Then go eat a normal dinner and don't worry about a single calorie oversight. A lb of fat is like 3500 calories and I doubt you'll eat anywhere near that to gain.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I put an offer in on a house, and may have enough to put a lift in afterward. What is life.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

I'm just pissed because they weren't even good and if I'm gonna cheat I should have spent it on something delicious.

The On (Optimal Nutrition) Gold Standard brand from Costco is pretty tasty IMO. Of course I make them with whole milk, not water, so YMMV if you are anti cow-juice.

Muscle Milk on the other hand is loving nasty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Then go eat a normal dinner and don't worry about a single calorie oversight. A lb of fat is like 3500 calories and I doubt you'll eat anywhere near that to gain.

I'm at 1800 a day and I get to eat so much stuff and it's wonderful. Stupid crap food. It's kind of terrifying that I used to put almost three times that into my body on a regular basis.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Seller refurbforless has NEW retail boxes i7-7700 for $270 shipped of anyone else doing a build. They are legit seller.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Protein shakes are even worse for me because whey protein gives me the turboshits due to lactose intolerance. I am stuck with plant protein by and large, which is expensive and often way more disgusting than any whey.

Having said that, I am enjoying Orgain's chocolate fudge flavoured protein (which is actually kind of palatable by itself) mixed with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

I'm giving you my three all-time favorite sour beers and they aren't from the west coast or pnw or even America for that matter and I don't care because you need to loving taste them:

1. Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste - Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge
2. Brouwerij Van Steenberge - Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour
3. De Brabandere - Petrus Oud Bruin

Do it. loving do it. Oh god I'm ordering some.

Thanks! I'll check the local bottle shops and see if they have some. I've tried some sours, but I need to dedicate some more time to them soon

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

gently caress I forgot about Verhaeghe's Duchesse de Bourgogne get that one too holy gently caress I'm salivating right now

Duchesse is too sweet imo.

Rodenbach Grand Cru is the superior flanders red

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pretty much this... My computer is genuinely an eyesore that I've recycled for the past 15 years with new internals, our compromise is to put it behind the tv stand since it's essentially a glorified HTPC that we use Xbox controllers to play games and emulators.

We do have days where I clean and days when she cleans that one of us leaves for the day and the other just throws out a ton of poo poo. This works amazing, takes care of the clutter and rules are anything not used in the past 2 years is fair game.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Duchesse is too sweet imo.

Rodenbach Grand Cru is the superior flanders red

I have never had Grand Cru but holy poo poo have you had Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge jesus loving gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You can make protein shakes without protein powder. Choose milk of choice, toss a oikos triple zero and 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and you're looking at like 25+ grams of protein. Yeah about the same as one scoop of powder but it'll taste better and you'll get enough protein elsewhere most likely.

• Locked thread