Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

stone cold posted:

this isn't about getting mad about states this is about you and glowing fish or w/e the handle is literally not comprehending the idea of what an ocean is

it's because you think we're talking about coastal states but in the plains it's thought of as a region. Nobody gives a flying gently caress about which states have coastlines and whether you count Vermont and PA, because you're all the same: dirty lowdown easterners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rigel posted:

Really sick of those east coast elitists yelling "Go Pack Go!"

drat those Green Bay coastal elites

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Weed is legal in Maine, Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont. Also nobody cares about Montana because it has never mattered politically or culturally to anyone not trapped there. Everyone panicked about the midwest rust traps because the people dying there caused Trump to win. Wreck the country and maybe someone will notice you.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Night10194 posted:

It is.

gently caress you Andrew Jackson, you genocidal Toledo-stealing piece of poo poo.

You lost the Toledo war fair and square you revanchist bastard!

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Most ethnically diverse city is houston, actually. Sorry bro.

Nah dude, it's Oakland, CA.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Dude just gently caress right off, I can get a good burrito from three different places within five loving minutes of where I live

And no, it's not Chipotle or Dos Toros or whatever the gently caress

Although Dos Toros is really good, their habanero sauce owns

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mister Adequate posted:

it's because you think we're talking about coastal states but in the plains it's thought of as a region. Nobody gives a flying gently caress about which states have coastlines and whether you count Vermont and PA, because you're all the same: dirty lowdown easterners.

buddy im not from the east coast

america has two coasts

buddy were you aware that america touches two (2) oceans

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't have a link, but I'm watching NBC Nightly News, and they're covering the Seth Rich story....in the sense that they're talking about Fox having to retract the story and Hannity losing voters.

It must be frustrating for alt-righters that their precious conspiracy is making the hated mainstream media, but with a big "this is bullshit and Fox is having to walk it back" caveat.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

DaveWoo posted:

This sure was a great time for the Washington Examiner to write a fawning profile of Paul Ryan:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SalenaZito/status/867509516228632577

"Kill Them With Kindness" :lol:

Salena Zito is a hack and needs to be removed that tiny-hands-dictator Twitter list.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

That what you said before with the house.

No? Tons of people said even if it passed the House its chances are grim in the Senate. Still true.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Who knew that "roll tide" wistfully recalled the cold, dark waves of the Atlantic Ocean gently rolling across Alabamas rocky shores.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It's been said before, but it's because this bill has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare reform and everything to do with making the well-off and comfortable even more so.

Its also to remove all traces of Obama's rewards, its to turn back the time 10 years and ignore what happened since.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This derail is really an all-timer.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

stone cold posted:

america has two coasts

yes but the west coast is close enough that montana bothers to distinguish between cali and the other two (and alaska i guess? idk)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Charliegrs posted:

Sorry to interrupt state-cultural difference chat but there's some Trump admin news. Apparently Sessions didn't disclose meetings with the Russians on his security clearance form:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/index.html

This has been known since his confirmation hearing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rhesus Pieces posted:

It's been said before, but it's because this bill has absolutely nothing to do with healthcare reform and everything to do with making the well-off and comfortable even more so.

If the AHCA was actually a bill about improving access to affordable healthcare and its authors found out that it only really helps people who could easily afford health care and don't even need it (while butchering the poor and sick) they would have thrown it out and started over.

Tax cuts for people with too much money, and cheaper health care for young people who don't use it.

The argument is of course the old "deregulation = more competition = better results" nonsense. Ignoring of course that many of Oblammocare's regulations were created specifically because the free market was absolutely failing to deliver quality healthcare to those who needed it. It literally was a crisis and the GOP plan would create the same crisis again. Meanwhile America has horrendously overpriced medical care that isn't even the best in the world anymore.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

stone cold posted:

you know what state really embodies east coast culture to me:

wisconsin

whoa

It's east and it has a coast line. I'm convinced.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
where do the great lakes flow from

that's right, the atlantic ocean

checkmate

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

business hammocks posted:

Weed is legal in Maine, Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont. Also nobody cares about Montana because it has never mattered politically or culturally to anyone not trapped there. Everyone panicked about the midwest rust traps because the people dying there caused Trump to win. Wreck the country and maybe someone will notice you.

Not so fast :420:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/vermont-governor-sign-marijuana-bill-sends-back-47611391

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

farraday posted:

You lost the Toledo war fair and square you revanchist bastard!

Joke's on all of you, the UP turned out to be full of riches!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mister Adequate posted:

yes but the west coast is close enough that montana bothers to distinguish between cali and the other two (and alaska i guess? idk)

Ok since you're unclear on geography

Pacific Washington Idaho Montana

buddy what world do you live in where people are telling you montana is the west coast

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Star Man posted:

whoa

It's east and it has a coast line. I'm convinced.

Unfortunately, it lacks culture

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The argument is of course the old "deregulation = more competition = better results" nonsense. Ignoring of course that many of Oblammocare's regulations were created specifically because the free market was absolutely failing to deliver quality healthcare to those who needed it. It literally was a crisis and the GOP plan would create the same crisis again. Meanwhile America has horrendously overpriced medical care that isn't even the best in the world anymore.

"Uh what's a market failure?" -- policy wonk Paul Ryan

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

stone cold posted:

buddy what world do you live in where people are telling you montana is the west coast

"close enough" not "part of" ya dingus

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

So does anyone have any details about this new AUMF supposedly being announced tomorrow? Could it potentially be more limiting than the existing one? Or are we going to see a new war?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

stone cold posted:

america has two coasts

(actually it borders three :ssh:)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

stone cold posted:

montana is clearly part of the east coast since there aren't any mountains until the rockies

try to keep up

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

stone cold posted:

It's KALIspell not CALIspell

Not even Montana wants to be west coast

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Serfer posted:

Unfortunately, it lacks culture

I believe cheese requires some kind of lactobacillus culture

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fart Amplifier posted:

So does anyone have any details about this new AUMF supposedly being announced tomorrow? Could it potentially be more limiting than the existing one? Or are we going to see a new war?

I highly doubt that Tim Kaine would be talking about it in a positive sense if it meant we were going to war.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Paradoxish posted:

montana is clearly part of the east coast since there aren't any mountains until the rockies

try to keep up

😧

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fart Amplifier posted:

I'm not worldly enough to understand it because I'm am east coast elite.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Quist is hammering the CBO score in the last day before the election in Montana.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Pollyanna posted:

This has been known since his confirmation hearing.

It literally says "This is new information about Sessions not disclosing contact he had with Russians"

As in, yes we knew he hid some meetings, these are more he hid.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Autism Sneaks posted:

(actually it borders three :shh:)

I refuse to recognize sewards folly

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fart Amplifier posted:

No but Flake has never been a Trump fan and Kaine is obviously not a Trump fan so my bet's on it trying to limit some executive war powers

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Night10194 posted:

Joke's on all of you, the UP turned out to be full of riches!

Yeah, rich white people.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867511341359263744

AARP ad targeting Republican Senators, thoughts?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

E: doublepost

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

glowing-fish posted:

While it can be a problem in parts of Montana, I think that you are probably dealing with stereotypes there.

Just as a wild guess, are you from an East Coast state and you think that Montana is somehow just another version of Binghampton, Toledo, Grand Rapids or one of those East Coast cities?

Fortunately the SPLC has a handy Hate Map that we can use to kill 2 birds with one stone in this "learning opportunity".

Those lessons being:
1) There are 10 Active hate groups in Montana (according to the SPLC), which on its face looks good for Montana. When adjusted for population it comes in at #7 according to the math done here --> http://brilliantmistake.tumblr.com/post/182303771/most-hate-by-state

2) Looking at the map it's obvious with anyone with a working pair of eyes that not only is Michigan an East Coast state, it's also a Gulf Coast state.

highme fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

If he's doing that in good faith seems reasonable.

• Locked thread