Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Haha Jenson wearing nandos suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Haha Jenson wearing nandos suit

I bet he's gonna pee in it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jenson Button, who had a long relationship and was engaged to a Japanese supermodel, who has an apartment in the heart of Tokyo and spends a lot of time there with his Japanese friends, who is a white guy who definitely knows more Japanese than all of ADTRW combined would even call out Alonso on being a weeaboo.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

I bet he'll at least tell Alonso he did. "Sorry mate, I had a bit of a wee in it" or however you Brits talk about peeing. #thegoodkindofmindgames #teammateswhoarepals

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

God dammit

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Oh hey IMS finally has Alonso's cap available for sale.

http://shop.ims.com/2017-fernando-alonso-mclaren-honda-andretti-new-era-9fifty-cap/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Some highlights from the press conferences today.

quote:

Q: (Dan Knutson – Auto Action and Speed Sport) Jenson, when the idea was broached to you was it an instant yes, or did you have to think about it, even for a few seconds?

JB: I asked my dogs and they said “we can do without you for a week or so”. My girlfriend said “you gotta do what you do” and I said yes, and it was my decision. I could have said no if I wanted to, as we all can – no one wants a racing drive who doesn’t want to drive. Really excited but obviously the preparation could have been better if I had the opportunity to test the car in a proper test, but that’s not the way Formula One works. You’ve got to be ready. I think fitness-wise that’s not an issue. I’m sure the neck is going to be a bit sore after Thursday, even around Monaco. But we’ve got Friday off, so a little bit of rest. Mikey Muscles is back for a one-off race, my physio as well, so he’s going to be rubbing me once again. So it’s an exciting challenge and that’s what it’s all about isn’t it and that’s what we’re here for and I’m really looking forward to it.

Q: (Barna Zsoldis – Nemzeti Sport) Jenson, according to the official announcement in Monza you are now a key member of a very innovative three-driver line-up. If it’s like that, why did you hesitate to say yes or no and what is your exact position in the team now?

JB: That hasn’t changed. I’m still an ambassador for the team, some might say a third driver and this weekend I’ve got the opportunity to race the car. I was going to be here anyway and instead of sitting around drinking champagne I can actually do what I’m supposed to do and that’s race cars for a living. Very lucky position and as I said it’s a very exciting position to be in – a challenge, but a good one.

Q: (Andrew Frankel – Forza) Nico, you’re already a champion at Le Mans and we have Fernando this weekend at Indy. Should he do as well as we would all like him to do, would you gentleman all consider having a go at Indianapolis?

NH: For me, personally, at the moment, no. There is nothing that strikes me about it or gets me excited. Le Mans was one thing, so I can see myself going back there. Indy, for the moment, no. Maybe in the future, in the next few years, that might change, I don’t know – but at the moment I’m happy where I am.

Jenson?

JB: Indy’s not really been something that I’ve thought about. Personally, I was surprised that Fernando was interested in doing it but we all like different things. We’re racing drivers, we’re not just F1 drivers and we like trying other sports. For me, I’d like to do Le Mans one day, I think it would be a great experience, great team atmosphere. Obviously it has to be the right opportunity, like Nico had . I would like to race in NASCAR, I think that’d be fun. Yeah, I went along to one of the races this year, Jimmie Johnson invited me and I had a great time and loved seeing ‘the show’ as it is. It’s very different to other motorsports but equally it’s a challenge. It’s a massive challenge. Who knows? And then there’s the other motorsports that I love like Rallycross as well. There are many things – but Indy hasn’t been up there for me, for many different reasons.

Esteban?

EO: No, from myself, I don’t think Indy or Le Mans actually now I want to do. I definitely want to focus on Formula One. Always been my goal to be here and I want to be successful here in Formula One. So maybe in the future but I’m even not sure I would want to do that in the future. I would be more a rally driver if I retire. I want to try that.

Q: (Michael Schmidt – Auto Motor und Sport) Jenson, are you following what Fernando is doing at Indy and will you watch the Indy 500 on Sunday?

JB: What time is it on? [6pm] Oh, yeah, I’m sure that I will. I watched when he drove the car for the first time, which is always interesting, seeing a driver’s reaction. Actually, probably it was more the reaction to the media being right next to him every second that he was out of the car. That’s the bit that I loved watching the most – because we all know how Fernando loves the media so seeing his reaction to that was even better than seeing his reaction to driving the car around the circuit. So yeah, it’s absolutely mad, isn’t it, Indy, in terms of the media and how much attention it’s getting – which is fantastic for the sport. I just want to see what Fernando says when he gets back. But of course I have an interest. I’ve been team-mates with Fernando for a couple of years and raced against Fernando for many more years than that. It’s interesting to see how he does. Very different type of motorsport. There’s a lot of talent out there, talented drivers that have been doing that for so many years, so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on. Qualifying went pretty well and the race is obviously something very, very different. Wheel-to-wheel around there, it’s pretty mad. I wish him the best but the most important thing is that he stays safe, which we’ve already talked about.

Q: (Leigh Diffey – NBC Sports) Jenson, if you haven’t already noticed, as the weekend goes on you’ll see how much the paddock is enjoying you being back…

JB: Thank you Sweetie!

…but for you, what’s it like being away from the paddock?

JB: It’s been amazing! Nothing against the paddock because it is great to be back and it’s great to see you guys. This has been my world, it’s been my life for so many years. You’re never going to just walk away and forget about it. It’s a very special feeling for me being back here, seeing so many friends and colleagues and what have you. It’s nice – but my life away from Formula One has been pretty cool. So… very different. I’ve been spending a lot of time in one place rather than traveling around the world and flying three times a week and I’m in a very lucky position where I can do that. To be fair, I’ve been busier than ever because I’ve been training really hard for my passion, which is triathlons. I’m flat out with training, and picking up dog poop, so it’s been busy, yeah.

EO: It’s good training for the biceps…

JB: It is very good! And I’ve seen on social media all winter, these guys training so hard. I saw Daniel Ricciardo standing on a Swiss Ball with something in his hands. Don’t know what use that is to a Formula One driver – but it looked so cool. These guys flat out in the gym. Amazing. It’s really good to see. The only thing I’m worried about is my neck but apart from that it should be alright.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/monaco-gp-wednesday-s-press-conference-909943/

1) lol @ them making GBS threads on Indy but Jenson actually being interested in NASCAR.

2) It seems the theme of this weekend is going to be the width of the cars making it around the track without causing a pile -up.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Forgot something...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

I bet he'll at least tell Alonso he did. "Sorry mate, I had a bit of a wee in it" or however you Brits talk about peeing. #thegoodkindofmindgames #teammateswhoarepals

What ho, old chap. Took a piss in your car and suit, I did. Was proper exhilarating it was.

I hope we see pissed up Jenson on the post race paddock coverage on Sunday :kimchi:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

What ho, old chap. Took a piss in your car and suit, I did. Was proper exhilarating it was.

I hope we see pissed up Jenson on the post race paddock coverage on Sunday :kimchi:

I hope so too, I'm just sad that it will likely be due to the fact that he won't complete more than 10 laps, so he just heads back to the garage and hits the booze.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXuEvuyyy4k

I just watched this and the track safety is terrifying. No yellow flags at all with all of these cars just pulling over on the side of the track, the guy pushing his car across the line as other drivers pass at speed. It's insane.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GutBomb posted:

I just watched this and the track safety is terrifying. No yellow flags at all with all of these cars just pulling over on the side of the track, the guy pushing his car across the line as other drivers pass at speed. It's insane.

They used to have emergency vehicles on the course when the track was hot and would leave broken down cars slightly off line until the race ended.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Jacques never won at Monaco.

Well it also includes F1 WDC, as Hill won all four, I suppose it should be the Quadruple Crown

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

They used to have emergency vehicles on the course when the track was hot and would leave broken down cars slightly off line until the race ended.

Hell, Super GT still does this sometimes!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Hope you're not the printer, cropped margins are out

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I loved this, it was pretty cool in the later stages of a race to see all the broken down/spun off cars littered around the track. But on the other hand I get why they finally put a stop to it.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Are Nando picked the correct kind of milk:

(also here's what the Indycar will look like next year:)
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/...pagenumber%3D73

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

As someone paid to print and trim posters, I hope you didn't pay for that trim job because it is terrible.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Who the gently caress drinks whole milk?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

More importantly, who the gently caress has no milk preference? "Just throw whatever in there, I don't care."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Still cannot unsee the messed up left rear tire and winglet placement. They are about two feet further 'forward' on the car than they should be. :/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The McLaren store one sold out like near immediately. Stressed they bumped my order cuz USA :ohdear:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

More importantly, who the gently caress has no milk preference? "Just throw whatever in there, I don't care."

loving savages, that's who. I'd give that guy skim milk if he won and I was the designated Chief Milk Distributing Engineer

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

Emmo :smug:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'd probably ask for soy milk or something. Milk is disgusting.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

I was in love with this poster until I noticed the perspective on the right rear of the Indycar makes no sense at all, and now I can't unsee it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I wonder if they'd just let drivers eat some cheese.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

I'd probably ask for soy milk or something. Milk is disgusting.

Are you James Davison?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhopunzel posted:

I was in love with this poster until I noticed the perspective on the right rear of the Indycar makes no sense at all, and now I can't unsee it.

Wow. Holy gently caress, thanks for that. You're an rear end in a top hat.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

People who only ever have milk occasionally in a coffee. It's only 4% fat, so not a hell of a difference anyway to 2%.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fo3 posted:

People who only ever have milk occasionally in a coffee. It's only 4% fat, so not a hell of a difference anyway to 2%.

I'm a lazy loving oval office so I have cereal for breakfast most days, with 1% which is a quality everyday man's milk.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am lactose intolerant so I primarily drink almond milk.

E: Whatever happened to the MCLRN gang tag?

wicka fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 25, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

It was only tested on one cylinder and found to be inadequate.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I loved this, it was pretty cool in the later stages of a race to see all the broken down/spun off cars littered around the track. But on the other hand I get why they finally put a stop to it.

The broken cars just chilling on the side of the course was cool, don't get me wrong. But it needed to go.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

It was only tested on one cylinder and found to be inadequate.

:golfclap:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I am lactose intolerant so I primarily drink almond milk.

It was overruled by Pastor's Prolapse.

Besides, everyone knows the true British team to follow is Williams.

Sir Frank's Vertebros

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta love Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

GutBomb posted:

Track Safety is relative. In NASCAR, they throw a yellow flag (safety car) when there is a hot dog wrapper on the track.

• Locked thread