Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

what are the one true white man odds

Vegas odds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

I would arrest that girl too

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Agag posted:

Nope. You're just a random brown guy the US government decided to kill based on "metadata." They don't even know your name.

That's nuts dude. You totally justified that nail bomb attack on little girls; it was revenge for the drone attack ordered by the unelected intelligence agency in a third country, which they had no say in and had nothing to do with

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Agag posted:

Nope. You're just a random brown guy the US government decided to kill based on "metadata." They don't even know your name.

Then no. But I wonder how many cases fit your profile.

Like I'm extremely anti-drone strike, especially when only using metadata, but let's not pretend the people being struck are saints.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

walgreenslatino posted:

That's nuts dude. You totally justified that nail bomb attack on little girls; it was revenge for the drone attack ordered by the unelected intelligence agency in a third country, which they had no say in and had nothing to do with

Agag is a troll.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Helical Nightmares posted:

Agag is a troll.

At a certain point the commitment corrupts. This dude has stared at the idiot abyss and it has stared right back.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

the trump tutelage posted:

Then no. But I wonder how many cases fit your profile.

Like I'm extremely anti-drone strike, especially when only using metadata, but let's not pretend the people being struck are saints.

Lets not pretend we know who they are at all.

walgreenslatino posted:

I didn't say that at all. That's crazy.

What I said is that there is a giant international bipartisan effort to murder children with explosives, possibly as a form of human sacrifice to propitiate the Aztec gods.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

I would arrest that girl too

I would let that cop handcuff me any time

And I'd hit that other girl with my tomahawk iykwim :grin:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agag posted:

What I said is that there is a giant international bipartisan effort to murder children with explosives, possibly as a form of human sacrifice to propitiate the Aztec gods.

Blood for the blood god

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

revmoo posted:

At a certain point the commitment corrupts. This dude has stared at the idiot abyss and it has stared right back.

A fun thing about the Internet is everybody thinks they are the reasonable one.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I see 6:5 in Vegas all the time

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Agag posted:

A fun thing about the Internet is everybody thinks they are the reasonable one.

Have you bathed today? Been outside? Eaten a balanced meal?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I kind of feel bad for muslims in that they've already put their cards on the table years ago defending their religion from 'extremists' and their argument isn't that great. So this poo poo keeps happening and no one wants to hear the tired old standard defense anymore so what can they do?

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Agag posted:

Global apartheid. Sounds easy.

most regions of the world do it just fine. The top 5 richest middle eastern countries managed to take in a grand total of 0 refugees.

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

quote:

(3) You may then dispute that all the above does not justify aggression against civilians, for crimes they did not commit and offenses in which they did not partake:

(a) This argument contradicts your continuous repetition that America is the land of freedom, and its leaders in this world. Therefore, the American people are the ones who choose their government by way of their own free will; a choice which stems from their agreement to its policies. Thus the American people have chosen, consented to, and affirmed their support for the Israeli oppression of the Palestinians, the occupation and usurpation of their land, and its continuous killing, torture, punishment and expulsion of the Palestinians. The American people have the ability and choice to refuse the policies of their Government and even to change it if they want.

(b) The American people are the ones who pay the taxes which fund the planes that bomb us in Afghanistan, the tanks that strike and destroy our homes in Palestine, the armies which occupy our lands in the Arabian Gulf, and the fleets which ensure the blockade of Iraq. These tax dollars are given to Israel for it to continue to attack us and penetrate our lands. So the American people are the ones who fund the attacks against us, and they are the ones who oversee the expenditure of these monies in the way they wish, through their elected candidates.

(c) Also the American army is part of the American people. It is this very same people who are shamelessly helping the Jews fight against us.

-- Osama bin Laden

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pbuh

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

most regions of the world do it just fine. The top 5 richest middle eastern countries managed to take in a grand total of 0 refugees.

There are lots of foreigners in the Gulf States. Near-slave labor mostly, plus some professionals. That's the traditional racist model. Good old Jeff Sessions racism. This racially pure societies poo poo is a fantasy for neo-nazi kids.

revmoo posted:

Have you bathed today? Been outside? Eaten a balanced meal?

My mother's basement does have a shower, but I use it to store my crates of soylent.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuMShxAq7XQ&t=18s

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Holy poo poo

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:trumppop:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Explains a lot.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
ISIS is an inherently supremacist expansionist apocalyptic organization. Asserting that its actions, against Westerners Yazidis Shia or anyone else, stem from legitimate grievances and not from its extreme dominionist interpretation of Sunni Islam, is patently absurd. It is insulting to claim that ISIS murders children in Manchester or in Mosul because of drone strikes. It is depravity. It's enabling, and frankly insulting to Muslims who aren't blowing people up, to claim otherwise.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

ISIS is an inherently supremacist expansionist apocalyptic organization. Asserting that its actions, against Westerners Yazidis Shia or anyone else, stem from legitimate grievances and not from its extreme dominionist interpretation of Sunni Islam, is patently absurd. It is insulting to claim that ISIS murders children in Manchester or in Mosul because of drone strikes. It is depravity. It's enabling, and frankly insulting to Muslims who aren't blowing people up, to claim otherwise.

I never implied causation. I only observed that both ISIS and its opponents enthusiastically murder children.

Arguably blowing up Muslim children with missiles is more offensive to them than whatever the gently caress you're talking about, but we can't really know what strangers think and feel.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
please dont reply to a post that claims to genuinely see islam and christianity as the same thing lol

he doesn't want to actually have the deaths quantified, sharia law cited or the argument ending fact that you should address problems that are upon you or approaching more than poo poo that already ended a thousand years ago and i guarantee it is a waste of time to engage anyone who believes this, as they'll just close the thread and go to dnd or play xbox

guys!!! please do not insult the religion that explicitly hates all women and gays and views one as property in 2017 and the other as target practice for rock throwing, what about *finds a wikipedia article about someone who was evil in the year 300 CE*

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

nice

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

I never implied causation. I only observed that both ISIS and its opponents enthusiastically murder children.

Arguably blowing up Muslim children with missiles is more offensive to them than whatever the gently caress you're talking about, but we can't really know what strangers think and feel.

accidently blowing up some kids in a drone strike is just tiny bit different that decapitating children with an ali baba sword because the kid drank some soda.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

extra stout posted:

please dont reply to a post that claims to genuinely see islam and christianity as the same thing lol

he doesn't want to actually have the deaths quantified, sharia law cited or the argument ending fact that you should address problems that are upon you or approaching more than poo poo that already ended a thousand years ago and i guarantee it is a waste of time to engage anyone who believes this, as they'll just close the thread and go to dnd or play xbox

guys!!! please do not insult the religion that explicitly hates all women and gays and views one as property in 2017 and the other as target practice for rock throwing, what about *finds a wikipedia article about someone who was evil in the year 300 CE*

Religions are what people who hate that religion say they are online. Don't hate and fear Muslims? Grow up and be serious. Don't like seeing children murdered by the military? You aren't arguing in good faith.

Snatch Duster posted:

accidently blowing up some kids in a drone strike is just tiny bit different that decapitating children with an ali baba sword because the kid drank some soda.

Love to do the same thing over and over, for sixteen years, producing the exact same result, "by accident."

"Oops."

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think we can all agree if any group of people destroys the UNESCO site of Gobekli Tepi that we glass wherever they come from.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

I think we can all agree if any group of people destroys the UNESCO site of Gobekli Tepi that we glass wherever they come from.

We must protect it at all costs.... until The Ritual can be completed.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Also there's a lot of poor Americans who basically have to join the military they don't want to be there and they get hosed up mentally

Compared to Moe travelling secretly to learn about IEDs so he can blow up some kids, I mean you need some context my friend :)

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly, I really do wonder why those SEALs shot that little girl. I mean, what was she doing hanging out with a bunch of fundamentalist Muslims in the first place?

Oh. Wait. I think I just figured it out.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Nerses IV posted:

Honestly, I really do wonder why those SEALs shot that little girl. I mean, what was she doing hanging out with a bunch of fundamentalist Muslims in the first place?

Oh. Wait. I think I just figured it out.

Being an ISIS wife is a dangerous job.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Any new news on the bombing?

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

Do it ironically posted:

Also there's a lot of poor Americans who basically have to join the military they don't want to be there and they get hosed up mentally

Compared to Moe travelling secretly to learn about IEDs so he can blow up some kids, I mean you need some context my friend :)

A guy who thinks his own economic expedience is worth more than human life is definitely more noble than a suicide bomber for a cause they believe in

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

gumdrops posted:

A guy who thinks his own economic expedience is worth more than human life is definitely more noble than a suicide bomber for a cause they believe in

what if economic expedience is the cause a suicide bomber believes in?

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

what if economic expedience is the cause a suicide bomber believes in?

:staredog:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

she might be onto something

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Yeah it'st pretty drat sexist that only women and girls get to enjoy Arianna Grande

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

she might be onto something

More likely she's on something, classic feminist wants equality until it actually happens.
This guy just believed that women deserved to be blown up as much as men, still were only at 0.7 women to men getting blown up so there's still work to be done destroying the dynamite ceiling.

• Locked thread