Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
run as independent: "you need to work within the system, you're siphoning votes from candidate with an actual chance to win"

run as democrat after caucusing with them for 30 years: "YOU'RE NOT A DEMOCRAT REEEEEEEEEEE"

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

run as independent: "you need to work within the system, you're siphoning votes from candidate with an actual chance to win"

run as democrat after caucusing with them for 30 years: "YOU'RE NOT A DEMOCRAT REEEEEEEEEEE"

A+ impression of D&D.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

maskenfreiheit posted:

run as a jew: "this country is too racist for a jewish president"

run as a muslim: "this country is too racist for a muslim dnc chair"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I think Trump vs Biden would be a hugely entertaining cage match

Trump meeting someone who could actually match his schtick would've loving destroyed him. Say what you will about Biden, unlike Clinton and the rest of the Republican primary cast, Biden can say a sentence without making you wonder if it's a lie to trick you into letting him drink your blood. Trump was always matched up against the most stereotypical soulless politicians, Biden or Sanders would've absolutely demolished Trump just because it would be Trump vs an actual human being for the first time in the race.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

biden is a charismatic guy with poo poo politics. one obama is enough for me, thanks

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Bernie should have played the jew card since Hillary wanted to play the woman card so bad.

Whenever some dumbass was like "You don't like Hillary because she's a woman!" Bernie should have been like "Yeah well I guess you don't like Bernie because you're an anti-semite"

Alas, Bernie is an honorable man and wouldn't stoop to Hillary's level

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"Bernie"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Whenever some dumbass was like "You don't like Hillary because she's a woman!" Bernie should have been like "Yeah well I guess you don't like Bernie because you're an anti-semite"

Except this poo poo drives me up the wall, being called a racist or anti semite or sexist for disagreeing over politics.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Trump meeting someone who could actually match his schtick would've loving destroyed him. Say what you will about Biden, unlike Clinton and the rest of the Republican primary cast, Biden can say a sentence without making you wonder if it's a lie to trick you into letting him drink your blood. Trump was always matched up against the most stereotypical soulless politicians, Biden or Sanders would've absolutely demolished Trump just because it would be Trump vs an actual human being for the first time in the race.

Shoulda woulda coulda.

Trump still would have won

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

JB50 posted:

Bernie would have won

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

bernie would be starting his second term by now on account of all the winning

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Bernie's reign would be so prosperous they would issue an amendment granting temporary suspension of term limits and in order to allow him to rule as long as he can

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Basically none of the other candidates were saying they were gonna bring jobs back to the rust belt.

Thats why Trump won.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Bernie Sanders's Digitized Consciousness 2032

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Bernie would have hacked the gibson. And won. His hacker name is r0bynh00d.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JB50 posted:

Shoulda woulda coulda.

Bernie would have won

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

JB50 posted:

Basically none of the other candidates were saying they were gonna bring jobs back to the rust belt.

Thats why Trump won.

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't do that.
It's not unlike a politician to make promises they cannot keep.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Avirosb posted:

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't do that.
It's not unlike a politician to make promises they cannot keep.

Ya it seemed really stupid when Hillary was bragging that she was going to put people out of work.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dailykos has always been partisan as gently caress and liberal-in-the-bad-sense.

I pity anyone who reads their poo poo without contempt.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

scorching hot take right there, I look forward to their analysis as to why their side lost the 2020 presidential election.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JB50 posted:

Shoulda woulda coulda.

Without Hillary's meddling via her media collaborators, Trump might not even have made the nom

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Without Hillary's meddling via her media collaborators, Trump might not even have made the nom

So what you're saying is...

Hillary would never have won?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
how do you lose to donald trump like come one that guy clearly didnt even want it

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Are you referring to the pied piper thing or how the news media refused to touch any loving negative Hillary stories while pulling whatever they could out of their asses to poo poo on Bernie and Trump?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lovely Wizard posted:

Are you referring to the pied piper thing or how the news media refused to touch any loving negative Hillary stories while pulling whatever they could out of their asses to poo poo on Bernie and Trump?

hillary and her cabal of dishonest allies manipulated the media to make them give Trump more focus & legitimacy.

Her team thought Trump would be the easiest canidate to beat in the general election fight.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

etalian posted:

Her team thought Trump would be the easiest canidate to beat in the general election fight.

There's no way Mook and/or Podesta will ever run another campaign, is there? I know they'll get consulting jobs and poo poo like that, but how could they ever have real power again?

I mean, it's one thing to run McCain's campaign and lose, when a loss is all but inevitable. Or Romney, where you would have to run a perfect race to win, but even in losing your candidate won the first debate and picked up 30 more electoral votes than 2008.

But when your advice is "Nah, no need to go to Wisconsin or Michigan" or "let's have a press conference against a cartoon frog", how do you ever be substantially involved in an election again?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

MD2020 posted:

There's no way Mook and/or Podesta will ever run another campaign, is there? I know they'll get consulting jobs and poo poo like that, but how could they ever have real power again?

By either donating money to, knowing, or loving the right people.

The same way they had real power to start with.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

etalian posted:

hillary and her cabal of dishonest allies manipulated the media to make them give Trump more focus & legitimacy.

so hillary worked with the russians?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

The accusation isn't that Russia lied about anything, its that they told the truth.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm still lolling that people care more about who leaked that stuff rather than the damning contents of the leak. People deserve to be wiped out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

basic hitler posted:

i'm still lolling that people care more about who leaked that stuff rather than the damning contents of the leak. People deserve to be wiped out.

I like the story of Mook bragging about how he destroyed a Pro Hillary PAC since he worried it would be siphoning money off from Dread Abuela's main PACs.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

basic hitler posted:

It should be pretty telling that they seem to care when it hurts one side, and not when it hurts the other.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Mostly though? I feel like this when it comes to Biden and Bernie bitching at this point:

You both lost. Unless you bring some clear-sighted, honest, actual soul-searching about the state of the Democratic Party and why the losses have been so heavy the past several years AND provide the type of positive change that will guarantee (as much as that can be) that the DNC takes back at least one of the houses of Congress back in 2018 and/or the White House in 2020, then just STFU.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

She took 500,000 dollars from the russian government and gave them a bunch of uranium.

So yeah.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

spacetoaster posted:

She took 500,000 dollars from the russian government and gave them a bunch of uranium.

So yeah.

hillary clinton might be the biggest, scummiest piece of poo poo on this dead gay earth. NOT MY ABUELA!!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

thoughts and prayers posted:

Mostly though? I feel like this when it comes to Biden and Bernie bitching at this point:

You both lost. Unless you bring some clear-sighted, honest, actual soul-searching about the state of the Democratic Party and why the losses have been so heavy the past several years AND provide the type of positive change that will guarantee (as much as that can be) that the DNC takes back at least one of the houses of Congress back in 2018 and/or the White House in 2020, then just STFU.

that's exactly what bernie is doing, fyi

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They could have run bernie. They could have appointed Ellison as chair. They lose because they are courting businesses instead of their base of workers, and in doing so offer nothing to their base. Biden is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

So you're happy with what Bernie is doing?

• Locked thread