Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A woman's concert? Where are all the men's concerts???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Harping on about diversity is dumb, terrorists discriminate less than your average American, remember when that terrorist shot up a gay club?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

please dont reply to a post that claims to genuinely see islam and christianity as the same thing lol

Your right, extreme Islam is going for the flashy death tolls and headlines while extreme Christianity steers the planet to extinction, Christianity maintains it's kill count lead playing the long game.

Seriously all religion tries to shackle science and logic and morality at this point and all the people who follow the "peaceful, loving" versions are following watered down, edited stuff to keep followers in line of either of them. I've just had it with them.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Blazing Ownager doffs his fedora thru a cloud of vape

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

A woman's concert? Where are all the men's concerts???

Headlined by Slayer

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol remember when the US and its allies invaded iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and then destabilized an entire region then was like oops lol

lol then nato completely hosed and destroyed libya and its all hosed up lol and people are like outrageous, those people, the terrorist people

lol then you sent money to a bunch of wink wink moderate rebels in syria and ur like why do these refugees keep comin to my lands

by gum, isnt this terrorist fellow from libya? that place that nato destroyed??????

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fat Jesus posted:

Blazing Ownager doffs his fedora thru a cloud of vape

Blazing Euphoria

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol remember when the US and its allies invaded iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and then destabilized an entire region then was like oops lol

lol then nato completely hosed and destroyed libya and its all hosed up lol and people are like outrageous, those people, the terrorist people

lol then you sent money to a bunch of wink wink moderate rebels in syria and ur like why do these refugees keep comin to my lands

by gum, isnt this terrorist fellow from libya? that place that nato destroyed??????

It's more accurate to call it that place that Hillary Clinton and the CIA destroyed

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder what the alternate timeline where we let the saudis to fester and twist in the wind and allied ourselves with iran looks like

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

I love it that somehow Muslims are just these savage mud-people that can't be helped or reasoned with and it's a mistake to even approach them. Imagine if this is how the world actually worked, Germany and Japan would be loving screwed lmao

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

extra stout posted:

guys!!! please do not insult the religion that explicitly hates all women and gays and views one as property in 2017 and the other as target practice for rock throwing, what about *finds a wikipedia article about someone who was evil in the year 300 CE*

But enough about the GOP.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

Also there's a lot of poor Americans who basically have to join the military

maybe if youre counting good old boys that get popped with a dime of grass and the judge says it's either the army or county jail

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

walgreenslatino posted:

ISIS is an inherently supremacist expansionist apocalyptic organization. Asserting that its actions, against Westerners Yazidis Shia or anyone else, stem from legitimate grievances and not from its extreme dominionist interpretation of Sunni Islam, is patently absurd. It is insulting to claim that ISIS murders children in Manchester or in Mosul because of drone strikes. It is depravity. It's enabling, and frankly insulting to Muslims who aren't blowing people up, to claim otherwise.

They are trying to drive a wedge between Islam and everyone else, and it's clearly working.

To put this in super lovely simple movie-comic terms (since frankly the parallel is pretty fitting), ISIS is the Brotherhood of Mutants trying to start poo poo with everyone so the world turns on all of them and forces a war, which they believe they'd win thanks in part to all the mutants having to join the Brotherhood to survive once said war starts.

Again, I realize how goofy the loving comparison is, but it's pretty apt at summing up the actual intent of ISIS terrorist acts, which is working absolutely flawlessly. They WANT this us vs them narrative, so that they can bring all Muslims worldwide to their banner (and what they believe will be victory).

Cause Violence -> Cause Hate -> Use Hate to Recruit -> Repeat is pretty much their MO. And it works easy. Every time they do something awful it helps them recruit more people to do more awful things and it never stops.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 25, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV posted:

I love it that somehow Muslims are just these savage mud-people that can't be helped or reasoned with and it's a mistake to even approach them. Imagine if this is how the world actually worked, Germany and Japan would be loving screwed lmao

not quite sure what you're saying, iraq wasn't rebuilt like japan was, you just kinda let it fester into a civil war and then were like lol bye

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

i wonder what the alternate timeline where we let the saudis to fester and twist in the wind and allied ourselves with iran looks like

Easy: when the house of saud starts getting uppity, they all end up assassinated. Wahabism never becomes a worldwide export. The west gets to double-fist oil from SA and Iran. Terrorism remains a silly novelty for basques Irish and israel/palestine

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Easy: when the house of saud starts getting uppity, they all end up assassinated. Wahabism never becomes a worldwide export. The west gets to double-fist oil from SA and Iran. Terrorism remains a silly novelty for basques Irish and israel/palestine

hot persian chicks and dudes everywhere, just dancin and wigglin

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder if Brianna Wu is just on xer period

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Muslims are “sick of having to apologise and be the first to condemn” terror attacks,

Meanwhile I must grovel for slavery, an institution my ancestors weren't even in America at the time of to partake in

Lmao this guy's got white guilt

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nerses IV posted:

Germany and Japan were strong countries with a strong national identity, not post-colonial banana republics designed from the start by the western powers to be riven by sectarian and ethnic conflict.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

not quite sure what you're saying, iraq wasn't rebuilt like japan was, you just kinda let it fester into a civil war and then were like lol bye

Yeah, exactly, it's all our fault because Muslims can't do anything for themselves. Thanks dude, spare me your sick loving racism.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

vyst posted:

I wonder if Brianna Wu is just on xer period

please vote for her. please. it can only end in disaster

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Germany and Japan were strong countries with a strong national identity, not post-colonial banana republics designed from the start by the western powers to be riven by sectarian and ethnic conflict.

there's nuance here but nuance dont play on the internet

hint: germans and japanese already had the wherewithal to form empires even before the marshall plan

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yeah Germany definitely didn't get splintered in the name of a sectarian conflict, by the way what the gently caress is the Ummah lmao

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nerses IV posted:

Yeah, exactly, it's all our fault because Muslims can't do anything for themselves. Thanks dude, spare me your sick loving racism.

The middle east needs to be repartitioned, just like India was. Separate out the ethnic groups and religious sects that hate each other and have been extra encouraged to hate each other for 100 years

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Nerses IV posted:

If you destroyed any country and then left without cleaning up some horrible jerk is going to fill the power void, race and religion has nothing to do with it you naive moron

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm p sure Japan is now one of the most xenophobic countries how many refugees have they taken in? Make sure you have your gaijin card on you when you're strolling the anime shops, don't count on getting citizenship

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

I'm p sure Japan is now one of the most xenophobic countries how many refugees have they taken in? Make sure you have your gaijin card on you when you're strolling the anime shops, don't count on getting citizenship

the thing about far eastern countries is they dont give a gently caress about anybody else on a humanitarian level which frankly is a smart angle to take

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nerses IV posted:

Yeah Germany definitely didn't get splintered in the name of a sectarian conflict, by the way what the gently caress is the Ummah lmao

It took a longasss time to create a unified Germany before the wars, and it was specifically deaigned to resist bwing split. You don't seem to get my point

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Do it ironically posted:

Yeah but what about the tons of terrorist attacks in Japan? Like, uh, that one in the 90s and, uhhh

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yeah but what about the tons of terrorist attacks in Japan? Like, uh, that one in the 90s and, uhhh

So wait, if you don't take in refugees from countries with blood thirsty Islamic fundamentalists, the chances of terror attacks in your country go way down? Now I'm going to need some time to wrap my head around this

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV posted:

i get it you're some white dude angry at muslims, sorry you're angry at muslims white dude

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Well the thing to remember is that Japan of course doesn't have white guilt, they also know a thing or two about chopping heads off.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They don't ended terrorist attacks they are going to go extinct from anime and a disdain for 3d women

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's another idea on how to stop bombings in public places. Create a camera that can see through clothes and is sensitive to the chemicals used in various bombs. Then make the camera have a very high resolution so the atomic structure of the material being filmed can be seen. Then hook up the camera to a computer vision program that can detect explosive material and send a notification to law enforcement. Finally, install these cameras all over public places.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

theperminator posted:

If you destroyed any country and then left without cleaning up some horrible jerk is going to fill the power void, race and religion has nothing to do with it you naive moron

sweet theory that you won't investigate beyond that one sentence because it would fall apart instantly lol

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

Side A of an early Pink Floyd album.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Raider posted:

the thing about far eastern countries is they dont give a gently caress about anybody else on a humanitarian level which frankly is a smart angle to take

No, they do care and hand out aid. Japan was just founded as an ethnostate and they realize that the only way to cram that many people together on a rock is extreme social cohesion, and massive ethnic and cultural differences don't make for strong social cohesion. This is true for many small countries that started out that way

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

we spent hundreds of billions of dollars on infrastructure alone over there. The people dont want it.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Japanese decapitation technology is light years ahead of everyone else's, it's truly cutting edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
it is definitely not the racism of low expectation to assume that young arab men, when oppressed, can't help but blow something up

• Locked thread