Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING??? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?? DWERE YOU INVOLVED????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Avirosb posted:

Robber was a rookie who didn't intend to shoot, someone made a stupid move, cold feet and a dead body.
It's either that or some grand conspiracy of which there are quite a lot of in America I've come to notice.

But why didn't he then loot the body? I've learned from video games, looting is basically instantaneous and virtually risk free, requiring a single button press at best, although sometimes like in Assassins Creed, you have to hold the button down for a few seconds.

Now, to those naysayers pointing out that in Assassins Creed a gunshot often alerts guards in the area, it would have been simple for the robber to drag Seth's body to a nearby bush to render himself basically invisible.

Furthermore, since we know the Robber had a gun, it's unreasonable to believe that he ran because he was afraid that the cops might arrive, as the first wave of enemies is almost always easy trash that can be taken down with single shots.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Once you lick some shots off you need to gtfo before police and witnesses show up hth

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

Once you lick some shots off you need to gtfo before police and witnesses show up hth

Maybe don't shoot people in the back then?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Blue Train posted:

Killing a random dude is worth one wanted star max. He could have spent 2-3 seconds looting, stolen a car, and the used Seth's own money to have it repainted.

I swear, you have no idea how crime works.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Maybe don't shoot people in the back then?

Maybe run yo poo poo next time!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

But why didn't he then loot the body? I've learned from video games, looting is basically instantaneous and virtually risk free, requiring a single button press at best, although sometimes like in Assassins Creed, you have to hold the button down for a few seconds.

Now, to those naysayers pointing out that in Assassins Creed a gunshot often alerts guards in the area, it would have been simple for the robber to drag Seth's body to a nearby bush to render himself basically invisible.

Furthermore, since we know the Robber had a gun, it's unreasonable to believe that he ran because he was afraid that the cops might arrive, as the first wave of enemies is almost always easy trash that can be taken down with single shots.

I read a Gamefaqs guide that explains that sometimes the loot spawns in an unreachable location, so you can't take it, but when the cell unloads and reloads (like when the guards come to investigate) the loot gets sanity-checked and placed where it can be reached.

:goonsay:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV posted:

Good thing he didn't say poo poo when he was found conscious at the scene

He was probably saying "ouch, I have been shot" in some form or another.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If he took two in the back he could feasibly have two punctured lungs and would prolly not be up for talking

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nerses IV posted:

Good thing he didn't say poo poo when he was found conscious at the scene

And what do you get that from

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seth Rich died because he knew the truth about Cosmic(?) Pizza.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
One problem with Fox News is that they have boy who cried wolf syndrome now. They spent 8 years attacking Obama for all the wrong reasons (If anything he was too conservative). They basically brainwashed half the country and drove the other half insane. They have an absolute garbage reputation so even if they decide to start having standards it's going to be an uphill battle for generations undoing all the damage.

Are outlets like the NYT and WaPo perfect? Not at all but we aren't talking about them we're talking about Fox News.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seth Rich died because he knew the truth about Cosmic(?) Pizza.

I think it's called comet ping pong, stupid name

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Amarcarts posted:

Are outlets like the NYT and WaPo perfect? Not at all but we aren't talking about them we're talking about Fox News.

Yet

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Amarcarts posted:

Me

both of those outlets suck poo poo, are you really trying to make an appeal that they aren't poo poo because they're better than Fox news, the news outlet that's been a running joke for decades?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"yeah well the Washington Post isn't absolute garbage you see because they are better than fox news :smug:" - a thing people post unironically

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

both of those outlets suck poo poo, are you really trying to make an appeal that they aren't poo poo because they're better than Fox news, the news outlet that's been a running joke for decades?

Are you suggesting that Jeff bezos has an ulterior motive in running a media outlet??????

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah and even Fox dropped this dogshit story so good job chewing your own balls off nerd :smaug:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Washington Post Ran 16 Negative Stories on Bernie Sanders in 16 Hours

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
always remember that, at the direction of the White House, the Washington Post suppressed stories about the case for the Iraq War being bullshit until after the war had been launched

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah and even Fox dropped this dogshit story so good job chewing your own balls off nerd :smaug:

You're losing on every front son.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the Washington Post is a loving joke

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

the Washington Post is a loving joke

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Seth Rich's killer revealed:

It was Colonel Mustard, in the conservatory, with the revolver

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Amarcarts posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Speaking of Fox News and the Seth Rich story:

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867577957124108289

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Look at this guy quoting himself

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's funny b/c fox used to be the fakest news outlet around. Now they are more legit and balanced while cnn, wapo, nyt, wsj, etc are basically just opinion pieces and propaganda.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ya that's why Fox has been firing an anchor or board level manager every couple of weeks :mmmhmm:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Seth Rich was actually a sailor scout and was shot in the back during his transformation sequence.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Guys, WaPo is reporting that Seth Rich's cousin went to RUSSIA when he was 10 years old. According to anonymous sources, that same cousin then went to Seth's 12th birthday party after returning from RUSSIA and said: "I love Russia and we had a lot of fun there". Unconfirmed reports say Seth Rich then replied: "Cool". Clearly, the late Mr. Rich was a Kremlin sympathizer and had likely been working closely with Russia ever since that day.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 25, 2017

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Imo it was good to shoot this notorious childfucker in the back.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

No journalistic "institution" should be allowed to rest on its credibility alone forever. These old "greats" are just as susceptible to corruption as anyone else, and the assumption that they aren't is precisely how they come to be.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lol it sounds like the sizzle reel for an upcoming anime episode.

Next time, on Neon Genesis Sean Hannity!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Is he trying to be like hard daddy trump speaking in the third person or does he always do that

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Washington Post Ran 16 Negative Stories on Bernie Sanders in 16 Hours

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pawn 17 posted:

It's funny b/c fox used to be the fakest news outlet around. Now they are more legit and balanced while cnn, wapo, nyt, wsj, etc are basically just opinion pieces and propaganda.

You're dumb and wrong.

• Locked thread