Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
A bulk of the votes (absentee, mail-in) for Montana are already in due to the size and low population density. Hopefully voters that go to actual polls tomorrow see this and tell Gianforte to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
The bodyslamming thing somehow could be the current thread title and I am pretty sure people would just skim by it and think "haw haw like that would ever happen."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/867539623391768576

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

axeil posted:

Idiot question: does getting convicted of assault mean he can't serve in the House?

it's fine for felons to be politicians, they're just not allowed to vote for themselves anymore

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

This is going to court and Trump will pardon Gianforte.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's too bad it's only 1 day before the election and he can't run an ad about the time he put the globalist reporter in his rightful place.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hastings posted:

It is alarming that he just went off on a dime. There was no build up to his aggression and Ben Jacobs just asked a question, no tone or anything. This guy needs therapy.

That's the kind of rage that often leads to murder.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

He's a moron to think that in the digital age no one would come with receipts.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

axeil posted:

Idiot question: does getting convicted of assault mean he can't serve in the House?

Well, if he gets jail time or something, yes. Alternately, the House can refuse to seat him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wasn't there a tv news crew there? Where's my delicious video?

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Obviously, we're seeing the election of Trump normalize pro-wrestling behavior

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Raylen posted:

A bulk of the votes (absentee, mail-in) for Montana are already in due to the size and low population density. Hopefully voters that go to actual polls tomorrow see this and tell Gianforte to gently caress off.

Doesn't absentee and mail-in voting favor dems?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hastings posted:

He's a moron because this statement was issued AFTER THE AUDIO RECORDING WAS POSTED ONLINE!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Lol, "reporter alleges", he did in front of a local camera crew.

To be fair, pre-conviction all reporting on crime should use that. It's not fair to start calling people guilty before a trial.

However in this case there's ya know, a loving tape so...

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Ekster posted:

This is going to court and Trump will pardon Gianforte.

Can't pardon him for a state crime.

If he were arrested and refused to resign, the house with 2/3rds majority could expel him.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Hastings posted:

It is alarming that he just went off on a dime. There was no build up to his aggression and Ben Jacobs just asked a question, no tone or anything. This guy needs therapy.

Yeah the goon upthread who said it suggests this isn't the first person Greg's exploded on is almost certainly right. The instant flip from calm to violence and screaming with no build-up or increasing anger in his voice or anything is pretty scary.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Hastings posted:

By saying he grabs his wrist first because a reporter asked him questions seems pretty cut and dry. Combined with the audio he's gonna be hurtin'. Wonder if that statement gets deleted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hastings posted:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Doesn't absentee and mail-in voting favor dems?

Technically yes, bit more importantly it locks in votes early in a state that is already strongly R

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Can someone explain to me how they can get away with that statement when there's audio please?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

axeil posted:

To be fair, pre-conviction all reporting on crime should use that. It's not fair to start calling people guilty before a trial.

However in this case there's ya know, a loving tape so...

I think that article was before the tape came out, people were posting it when the first tweets came up.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

axeil posted:

Nope. http://www.factcheck.org/2008/11/felons-in-office/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Teddybear posted:

He's a moron because this statement was issued AFTER THE AUDIO RECORDING WAS POSTED ONLINE!

yeah christ, are all republicans this bad at crime

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Democrats and diehards vote early; if anything, I'd say early voting would probably have favored Quist more.

What this COULD do is drive down Republican turnout tomorrow.

Does Montana have laws providing for recall elections? I'd say Gianforte would be vulnerable to one pretty quick.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

But the House had to vote to expel him. I have 0 faith in the GOP expelling one of their own these days.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

CrazySalamander posted:

Can someone explain to me how they can get away with that statement when there's audio please?

He's a republican

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CrazySalamander posted:

They can't. The idiots didn't listen to it before lying.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OK, fine, I'll donate

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Can't vote! But you can still serve your overlords...

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Alter Ego posted:

Democrats and diehards vote early; if anything, I'd say early voting would probably have favored Quist more.

What this COULD do is drive down Republican turnout tomorrow.

No, this will probably drive UP Republicans tomorrow, to go out and vote for the guy that attacked a liberal fake news reporter.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Teddybear posted:

"Clearly that was added in 'post,' whatever that means. I heard some Hollyweird ~LIBRULS~ use it once."

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

CrazySalamander posted:

They probably weren't aware there was a recording when they made that statement. Lying (except in a court setting under oat) isn't a crime, but it might twist the knife further depending on how the dems utilize it between tonight and tomorrow's poll closing.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

He has $300 million? Why would he want to be in Congress? I'd buy a house in Kauai and go to weekly luaus.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The bodyslamming thing somehow could be the current thread title and I am pretty sure people would just skim by it and think "haw haw like that would ever happen."

Trump Thread II: Blood On Montana Beach

CrazySalamander posted:

Either they didn't know there was audio or they're just shoving out some Fake News to give Rs their talking points and cognitive dissonance.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

evilweasel posted:

Why bother being good at it when no one ever holds you accountable for anything?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

this is probably fine

His expression there is the absolute embodiment of "oh man I hosed up".

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

No. They're probably almost all criminals, because it's the party of conman grifting, but you're just experiencing confirmation bias. You only see the bad criminals,because they are bad at crime.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Even if he gets convicted (he won't), it'll be something like simple battery and Republicans will just say "ah, it's a misdemeanor with a short prison sentence, let him SERVE THE GREAT PEOPLE OF MONTANA REGARDLESS"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

CodeJanitor posted:

No, this will probably drive UP Republicans tomorrow, to go out and vote for the guy that attacked a liberal fake news reporter.

The people who this would make all moist in their underwear have already voted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Trump is going to claim the tape is a fake and say he has the real one then accidentally give the media the pee tape.

• Locked thread