Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So I've been trying to play Mario Kart online for the first time for the last couple of hours and I haven't finished one race without "a communication error has occurred". I've tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi networks (my router is also five feet from the Switch), changing the DNS settings, putting the Switch in DMZ and making sure it's showing Nat Type A, playing in Regional and Worldwide... nothing helps.

If I get a LAN adapter, will it be better? Is there anything else I can try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Imagined posted:

Is there anything else I can try?

Pray that Nintendo hires some infrastructure people before the service goes paid.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Netflix Castlevania is a anime based on the NES game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

im interested in this.

https://twitter.com/Hero_Mono/status/867098125164576768

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Imagined posted:

So I've been trying to play Mario Kart online for the first time for the last couple of hours and I haven't finished one race without "a communication error has occurred". I've tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi networks (my router is also five feet from the Switch), changing the DNS settings, putting the Switch in DMZ and making sure it's showing Nat Type A, playing in Regional and Worldwide... nothing helps.

Mario Kart has pretty spotty servers but they seem to be especially bad today. I've seen multiple people disconnect from lobbies all at the same which doesn't normally happen.

I doubt a LAN adapter will help much for DCs unless you have a really lovely wifi signal

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does it really count as an anime if it's made entirely by a western studio?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does it really count as an anime if it's made entirely by a western studio?

They're not outsourcing to Korean and taiwanese animation studios?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Deleter posted:

Lol if you think Nintendo will make a Metroid game ever again.

There will be a Metroid game made by the perverts who made Catherine.

It will be so poorly reviewed that Nintendo will cancel every upcoming game based on their IPs except for pokemon citing "our brand just isn't compatible with modern gamers' tastes".

The one guy stating the obvious "maybe we shouldn't farm our games out to people coated in dry semen" will be thrown off the roof.

Mario will become an iPhone app store exclusive. Nintendo will liquidate and the Japanese stock exchange will crash. Everyone will die of starvation.

This is how bad Nintendo is at listening to fans.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Catherine owns though, what the heck

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm using tilt-controls!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It will be so poorly reviewed that Nintendo will cancel every upcoming game based on their IPs except for pokemon citing "our brand just isn't compatible with modern gamers' tastes".

The one guy stating the obvious "maybe we shouldn't farm our games out to people coated in dry semen" will be thrown off the roof.

Mario will become an iPhone app store exclusive. Nintendo will liquidate and the Japanese stock exchange will crash. Everyone will die of starvation.

the same guys that made Catherine made a game where cheating on your girlfriend(s) will result in them beating the poo poo out of you on valentines day. They're also really good at making games, they aren't your average Gearbox or Chucklefish

are you loving serious about mario though? their stocks would go through the loving roof if they announced that mario will be iphone exclusive from now on. investors are all over that garbage.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Catherine was really good so that sounds dope

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

It will be so poorly reviewed

But Catherine was good and even has a small tournament scene to this day

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Catherine run at AGDQ was nuts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

holy poo poo that looks sweet

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lots of semen-coated perverts in this thread.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Out of all the weirdo sex games from Japan I don't remember Catherine being one of them

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Red see-through case, huh? Pretty clear sign that that's a rom loaded FPGA rather than the genuine article.

Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage. Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

said the man with a George RR Martin avatar :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nice projection

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Still better than Tecmo.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Do people not like Atlus now?

Atlus is good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm irrationally bugged that he doesn't even push the cart down, just into the NES. You have to push it down to make contact. He's essentially booting an NES with nothing in it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm irrationally bugged that he doesn't even push the cart down, just into the NES. You have to push it down to make contact. He's essentially booting an NES with nothing in it.

Maybe he has one of those modded ones that reduces wear on the carts.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patter Song posted:

Atlus is good.

people like atlus, but geez. you make ONE game that tries to have a story and suddenly you're a pervert

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

They continue to make Kirby games like we ask them so clearly that last bit is false.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Patter Song posted:

Atlus is good.

Goons aren't necessarily "people".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

people like atlus, but geez. you make ONE game that tries to have a story and suddenly you're a pervert

I thought Sega made Akiba's Trip... :confused:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Not if you tighten the connector.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought Sega made Akiba's Trip... :confused:

made what?

what the gently caress

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Imagined posted:

Try moving the Switch dock further away from the router and see if that helps, as silly as that sounds. A lot of routers have a variable deadzone up close.

LAN adapter will probably help otherwise, unless you've just been incredibly unlucky so far and played with a whole grip of hosts will lovely connections (Mario Kart 8 uses P2P with one player hosting everyone else.)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DalaranJ posted:

Red see-through case, huh? Pretty clear sign that that's a rom loaded FPGA rather than the genuine article.

Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage. Paging Dr. Tim Whatley's outrage.

Don't think I'm not fuming over this, writing a very terse email to Netflix tonight!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

made what?

what the gently caress

I've heard good things about Akiba's Trip. Fingers crossed for a Switch port

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

atlus makes good games,however all japanese games are for perverts (me)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've heard good things about Akiba's Trip. Fingers crossed for a Switch port

It's a bad game with a good translation

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a bad game with a good translation

the opposite of Fire Emblem Fates?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, you see, in the Japanese version-

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zelder posted:

Out of all the weirdo sex games from Japan I don't remember Catherine being one of them

Then find/replace one of those. My point remains. We're not getting Metroid unless she's a preteen girl and there's a panty-photographing mini game because Nintendo hates us. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever but I'm not sure I'd even want modern Square to make a sequel.

If the team that did World of Final Fantasy did it, I'd be on board.

• Locked thread