Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
double post snipe

:69snypa:

:suicide:

for content: spurs shouldn't pursue any pg free agents unless they are incredibly, unbelievably, comically cheap.

give murray run and see what we've got in him this year

2018 is cap space year, no need to rush things before then

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you ruined this page with your blunder its too bad there arent 870 others

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

you ruined this page with your blunder its too bad there arent 870 others

have mercy!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Latinx posted:

rickys gone

Dallas beat writer, Mike Fisher, has been throwing around Rubio to Dallas rumors for a while. He is pretty good with Mavs rumors so I could believe it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Latinx posted:

rickys gone

IcePhoenix may just end his life if his team replaces Rubio with Rose

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I feel like Rubio was actually good for the Wolves. It's not like DRose is a better shooter.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I miss Chris Bosh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jesus christ.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

Jesus christ.

I don't like that guy

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Maybe DRose will have a Grant Hill-like comeback

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

morestuff posted:

The lovely HB2 compromise bill apparently worked

https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/867388609992810496

Money talks in the NBA I guess.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Niwrad posted:

Money talks in the NBA I guess.

Will the NBA take the same position with Texas now? That's the true test to see how much they care. Texas is a way bigger market than NC.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't like that guy

He's bad.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Why the gently caress are teams lining up to sign DRose? He's a several times-over busted has-been and also has one of the most boring personalities the league has ever seen and and and also is a living emblem of the fact that sportswriters are clueless chimps.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/Scott_CEOofSUH/status/867553347263279104

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Will the NBA take the same position with Texas now? That's the true test to see how much they care. Texas is a way bigger market than NC.

They just gave in to NC so I doubt they're willing to take on Texas.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Finally dibsed this avatar. I like it.

If someone else already changed theirs to it I'm gonna feel real embarrassed.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 25, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Noctone posted:

Why the gently caress are teams lining up to sign DRose? He's a several times-over busted has-been and also has one of the most boring personalities the league has ever seen and and and also is a living emblem of the fact that sportswriters are clueless chimps.

Who is "lining up" to sign him? Basically two crappy rumours so far.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Am I missing something because didn't KD play Lebron already once in the finals

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Jesus christ.

This is awful but i feel like lots of idiots will buy it.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Adun posted:

Am I missing something because didn't KD play Lebron already once in the finals

No, Lebron played KD in the finals

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

How the gently caress do people watch this poo poo regularly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zoux posted:

Jesus christ.

BBB has womens apparel now?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
If the Spurs sign Derrick Rose I will rage not change my viewing habits or fandom at all.

My hopes are Chris Paul. After that it's Dejounte Murray stepping up. What a disappointment Derrick Rose would be. I don't think he'd be cheap either. I do think he has talent that could fit well, but god drat I hate that man.

Stephen A Smith is stupid. I'm pretty sure I could out stupid him why am I not making millions of dollars for yelling. I'm not above it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Metapod posted:

BBB has womens apparel now?

It always did.

When he mentioned not for women he was talking about shoes.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Unless Rose can be taught to either pass or shoot I am not sure he fits in at the Spurs, even with Pop genius factor applied

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bashez posted:

If the Spurs sign Derrick Rose I will rage not change my viewing habits or fandom at all.

My hopes are Chris Paul. After that it's Dejounte Murray stepping up. What a disappointment Derrick Rose would be. I don't think he'd be cheap either. I do think he has talent that could fit well, but god drat I hate that man.

Stephen A Smith is stupid. I'm pretty sure I could out stupid him why am I not making millions of dollars for yelling. I'm not above it.
Why not Lowry?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They already have one player that doesn't show up for the playoffs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rose is gonna be the Spurs' enforcer for next year's series against the Warriors. It's genius because nobody can retaliate against a cripple.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

Why not Lowry?

Probably because CP3 is way better?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Aside from that they played each other in the finals before and Durant got run the gently caress over, pretty sure both LeBron and Durant know they're not on the same level. As evidenced by the team Durant's on. No other single player in history has ever inspired so much fear that a franchise felt it necessary to assemble a loving All-NBA team to feel ok about challenging him again

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

leftist heap posted:

How the gently caress do people watch this poo poo regularly.

It's actually pretty clever. He is telling viewers they smart and really know basketball if all they care about is Lebron vs Durant. He alternates ridiculous hot takes with telling people how great they are for already doing what they're doing and already liking what they like

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

It's actually pretty clever. He is telling viewers they smart and really know basketball if all they care about is Lebron vs Durant. He alternates ridiculous hot takes with telling people how great they are for already doing what they're doing and already liking what they like

I can barely pay attention to the actual argument because the format (screaming takes) is just so unbearable.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

leftist heap posted:

Who is "lining up" to sign him? Basically two crappy rumours so far.

two teams is two teams too many

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mandrel posted:

Aside from that they played each other in the finals before and Durant got run the gently caress over, pretty sure both LeBron and Durant know they're not on the same level. As evidenced by the team Durant's on. No other single player in history has ever inspired so much fear that a franchise felt it necessary to assemble a loving All-NBA team to feel ok about challenging him again

You guys have the loving memory of junebugs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im just glad my hero lebron james has never formed a superteam

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
My favorite lebron moment was when the spurs pulled his underwear so high up that he could barely limp away before tim duncan pulled him by the ear to the back of the arena where boris diaw spanked him while kawhi leonard gave him a noogie

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

manu ginobli dunked the heat dynasty apart at the tender age of two hundred and forty six

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's crazy one of my most memorable Manu moments is gonna be from him at 39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudVbhp3JpA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hoopshype did a nice little piece about the agent choosing process http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/24/how-nba-players-pick-an-agent/

One player disliked the agent-selection process so much that he refused to discuss the experience even under the condition of anonymity because he simply didn’t want to rehash it.

• Locked thread