Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my wife works with ben jacobs' brother holy poo poo both of them are legitimately crazy smart and really good at their jobs :(

In a world that's been a running circus since January, that audio recording loving zapped my brain. I thought that Mike Flynn sabotaging a military operation was insane, I thought Comcast filing false FCC commentary was insane. I was so loving wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
HIS NAME WAS BEN JACOBS

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

evilweasel posted:

It starts at 5, not 0.

Does the data range occupy that range? If it was a bar chart I would agree, but it's a loving plot. Adding the remaining 5 would just add whitespace and not change the interpretation of the chart.

:colbert:

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 25, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey remember when congressman Michael Grimm threaten to throw a journo down a flight of stairs?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

How's that, an extra ~10% of Americans being uninsured is a pretty big deal

It's a truncated graph used to make the change look more dramatic than it is.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Looking forward to the bank foreclosure notice on his business.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Given the bizarro political landscape we now live in, I wonder how Gianforte's team would have spun this had it not happened so close to the election.

"I'm Greg Gianforte, and I promise to protect Montana from all threats by any means necessary, up to and including the E. Honda Hundred Hand Slap."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

It starts at 5, not 0.

has a much bigger issue than starting at non-zero

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

PhazonLink posted:

Hey remember when congressman Michael Grimm threaten to throw a journo down a flight of stairs?

Remember when Charles Barkley threw a man out of a window?

Barkley told the judge his only regret was that they were on the first floor

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I can't remember the last time I watched a press conference that ended because the media was out of questions.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ben is at station according to press conference, seems like he is going to press charges

You know when I said that reporters should have better pay this wasn't really what I had in mind

FBS posted:

I can't remember the last time I watched a press conference that ended because the media was out of questions.

Sean! Sean! Sean!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Glumslinger posted:

Remember when Charles Barkley threw a man out of a window?

Barkley told the judge his only regret was that they were on the first floor

Barkley is a national treasure. He got pulled over for running a stop sign and responded to the cop he was in a hurry cause the prostitute he just picked up gives the best blowjob in the world. Later at the station he remarked "I'm not going to lie, I have had a few beers"

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Papercut posted:

It's a truncated graph used to make the change look more dramatic than it is.

Uninsured will literally double. In what universe is this not a dramatic loving change.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Why do they put "-pede" at the end of the names of people they like?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Baronash posted:

Uninsured will literally double. In what universe is this not a dramatic loving change.

And the graph is formatted to make it look like they'll triple. It's misleading.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Baronash posted:

Graph nerds are worse than horse people, dont let it bug you.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

RZApublican posted:

John Oliver called them that or some poo poo

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

RZApublican posted:

They refer to themselves as "centipedes".

Arrgytehpirate posted:

John Oliver called them that or some poo poo

It's actually due to the name of the song Trump fanatics used in the early propaganda videos they made for him. Specifically Centipede, by Knife Party.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 25, 2017

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

RZApublican posted:

I didn't know the reason until right now and still don't really understand why but I guess it's short for centipede. They call themselves that for some reason or another.
e: but the real reason is they're :reddit: and are probably like a good 60+% pedophiles

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Low Desert Punk posted:

Uh, they are already are. Look in the responses to any tweet by a liberal commentator

I meant literally everything. Like "What kind of sandwich do you want?" "HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH!"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Julio Cruz posted:

And the graph is formatted to make it look like they'll triple. It's misleading.

This seems like such a stupid, quibbling, unnecessary point to make and belabor.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

RZApublican posted:

Pedeophilia?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
If Trump legalizes wrestling moves on anyone as a result of this, does this mean we can have a Battle Royale in the GOP?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

...cold...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing people now spinning it as Ben attacking Greg... Did they listen to the audio?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm giggling like crazy that Gianforte just assaulted a journalist. Like, politicians literally attacking the press is a great step toward fascism, but in the moment I can't stop laughing.

Edit: my god, if he got arrested for assault on election night. . .

Hey guys almost 600 posts in an hour or so what h-:stare:

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hey guys gonna be passing through Montana, any recommendations on the best place to get some wicked fresh ceviche?

Whatever you do just make sure to avoid the tourist traps associated with those Gulf Coast states.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ApeHawk posted:

If Trump legalizes wrestling moves on anyone as a result of this, does this mean we can have a Battle Royale in the GOP?

I'm going to start working out just so I can suplex every fat as poo poo republican rear end in a top hat I meet in a super market.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/867567025983553537

:byewhore:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Julio Cruz posted:

Clearly, since when I look at a graph that jumps from 9% to 18%, I think that the Y-value tripled. The gently caress are you on?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ahahaha YES.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Please be on the way out.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Stickman posted:

...cold...

...ice...cold...

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

ApeHawk posted:

"No man has ever escaped from Lindsey Graham's Catfish Clutch! It's all over but the crying now!"

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Nobody returns from a fox news vacation

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

When I was a kid my parents said my dog went on vacation but she never came back, huh weird

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

This seems like such a stupid, quibbling, unnecessary point to make and belabor.

It's not a huge issue, no, but if you're making graphs to convey political points then if they're not accurate they're a lot easier for your opponents to discount.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Please be gone for Good Hannity... :pray:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh man if Hannity sinks I will be so happy.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Crabtree posted:

I'm going to start working out just so I can suplex every fat as poo poo republican rear end in a top hat I meet in a super market.

Chris Christie says "Challenge accepted".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Julio Cruz posted:

It's not a huge issue, no, but if you're making graphs to convey political points then if they're not accurate they're a lot easier for your opponents to discount.

would you prefer a 0-100 scale where a 5% dip barely registers

are you a purist as well

• Locked thread