Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I for one am shocked - absolutely shocked - that cattle are alive before they're killed. We live in dark times.

https://twitter.com/RichardTuffin/status/867347021052739584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In response to questioning from Nationals senator John Williams, director of editorial policies, Alan Sunderland, was forced to defend the long-running children's news program, Behind The News, against allegations the program was sympathetic to terrorists.

This screeches McCarthyist paranoia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
BTN is sympathetic to terrorists thanks to be the best source of news available on Australian television.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Quadrant aint retracted poo poo. Article is still up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

John Faine was actually getting a bit emotional about all this poo poo this morning. I've heard him incredulous before, but he was actually cracking into morons in this society that don't have the basic brain power to discern editorial content from reporting content. He went on to explain extreme Islam is terrible and evil but there are Muslims in Australia living normal lives that deserve to be respected and accepted as regular citizens, then he waited for the texts from idiots and was no disappointed by the texts coming in, but deeply disappointed by their content.

An extremely depressing level of discourse rn.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lid posted:

Quadrant aint retracted poo poo. Article is still up.

Nick Cater on The Drum promised to make it a priority and was definitely going to question Windschuttle how it was possible to put it online. What they have done is block it from ABC staff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Someone called Faine a "shock jock"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-24/victorian-surf-coast-shire-votes-to-remove-rainbow-flag/8555686

Stupid seaside council pulling down the LGBTI flag. Good work you snob flogs.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/michaelkoziol/status/867536006739709952

:itwaspoo:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

jesus loving christ just kill me now

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Personally I'd rather content was left up so that people can see the full context of the scumbaggery. In printed form it was very hard to destroy the evidence.

Well that didn't take long:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/government-criticised-for-slow-defence-progress:-report/8556408

quote:

Government lags on Defence security as world 'goes to hell', US ties should be strengthened: report By political reporter Alexandra Beech Posted about 4 hours ago

Politicians are taking up time squabbling about which electorate gets the most Defence-related jobs while the world is "going to hell", a new report by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute warns.

Key points:

Rising tensions on world stage call for more attention on challenges Australia could soon face
Report recommends strengthening the US alliance
Department of Foreign Affairs needs a funding boost, report suggests

The institute's Defence budget brief, released this morning, said things were largely on track when it came to Defence spending since the release of the Defence White Paper last year.<snip>

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Isn't Potato slated to lose his seat at the next election? If so, one down, many to go.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

jesus loving christ just kill me now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

CrazyTolradi posted:

Isn't Potato slated to lose his seat at the next election? If so, one down, many to go.

This is how I wake up in the morning.

I yawn, have a coffee and daydream about Peter Dutton getting smashed.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

This is how I wake up in the morning.

I yawn, have a coffee and daydream about Peter Dutton getting smashed.
Day dreaming about mashed potato is just weird, man.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If you can't mash the state, you gotta mash something.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Grog on why Labor changing the rules for managing tax affairs is a really good thing.

quote:

When you look at the 48 millionaires who paid no tax, one aspect really sticks out – they claimed a combined $20.2m in deductions for managing tax affairs. What the ALP is proposing to do is limit the amount you are able to claim for such a purpose at $3,000.

The reasoning is clear. The average amount spent by people managing their tax affairs in 2014-15 was just $378 and yet the millionaires who reduced their tax to zero paid an average of $1.1m.

The importance of having an accountant to get your taxable income down as opposed to, for example, charitable donations is highlighted by the fact that while the millionaires who avoided paying any tax in 2014-15 accounted for just 0.4% of all millionaires, they claimed 3% of the total donations made by millionaires but a staggering 20% of all money spent on tax affairs

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 25, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Smashed potato is the working man's smashed avo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/camulust/status/867341216668504064

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Whoops splashed toilet water on my router

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Anidav posted:

Whoops splashed toilet water on my router

"toilet water"

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

If we don't have kids, who will we whinge about when we get old?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

open24hours posted:

If we don't have kids, who will we whinge about when we get old?

Boomers will still be in cryogenics.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

You Am I posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-24/victorian-surf-coast-shire-votes-to-remove-rainbow-flag/8555686

Stupid seaside council pulling down the LGBTI flag. Good work you snob flogs.

Oh joy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Zenithe posted:

Boomers will still be in cryogenics.

Not without renewable energy :getin:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It'll be too bloody hot for cryogenics.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for April:

2017: JFMA

2016: JFMAMJJASOND

2015: JFMAMJJASOND

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Highlights from last month's thread:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Doesn't Iran have state subsidised gender reassignment surgeries? I mean they're a backwards authoritarian theocracy, but it's not a bubble outwardly so that means others must want to discriminate against me based on spurious and unimportant details of other people's lives, so that means others must want to discriminate against me based on spurious and unimportant details of other people's lives, so that they can make a return. It's essentially a ponzi scheme.

Solemn Sloth posted:

“Everyone has got to live within their means and government ultimately is no different to businesses and households,” Mr Abbott said.

“If you spend more than you earn, ultimately you go broke and our country has been living on the credit card since 2008 and sooner or later it is all going to be releasing commonwealth land for residential development and exempting boomers from their house sales affecting pensions or super

Zenithe posted:

In many ways, bikes are the sharks of the stuff protesting that mine was pretty much by the book stuff, and that lawsuit from the endangered lizard etc.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
See the libs are starting on slogans early.

NATION. FAMILY. SERVICE. Remember Debt.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Dole punk Nazi kids remember war

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

See the libs are starting on slogans early.

NATION. FAMILY. SERVICE. Remember Debt.

It's a secret message about conscription becoming mandatory soon.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
ALP. lol.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Forget bubble

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the first time TAS hasnt been any good.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Laserface posted:

the first time TAS hasnt been any good.

I've switched to a new word cloud generator and now I don't have as much control over Tasmania :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bogan King posted:

It's a secret message about conscription becoming mandatory soon.

Yvan eht nioj

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/contractor-fears-installer-could-die-during-nbn-rollout/8556566?smid

Liberal Pink Batts?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm sure someone will be leaking some sort of data about this "Nick" soon so he knows what happens to people who reveal LNP problems.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

quote:

Ah, you see "Nick", said that he drove thousands of kilometers, but through our skypad app we track the location of our employees 24/7 and know that Nick only drove 967 kilometers in a single day. Therefore we feel justified in telling you he lives with his mum at this address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Australian
May 26th 2017

NBN Nick "Gay" and "Bad" According to Sources.

• Locked thread