Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The lighting from hideo's illuminated floor and all white, grandmas boy looking office probably washed out his features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does Kojima ever age or is there some sort of nanomachine deal going on with him?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Does Kojima ever age or is there some sort of nanomachine deal going on with him?

Kojima is probably extremely into botox

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The lighting from hideo's illuminated floor and all white, grandmas boy looking office probably washed out his features
You wish your office looked like the set of a Jamiroquai video and had a bigass skeleton spaceman statue to get photographed next to

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Kojima is extremely into buttocks

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

homeless snail posted:

You wish your office looked like the set of a Jamiroquai video and had a bigass skeleton spaceman statue to get photographed next to

I do. :sigh:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I can't figure out this issue with one person I had on my friends list. For some reason the PS4 doesn't recognize us as friends anymore but we still show up as friends on each others lists. Is there any reason why this would be happening? I can't do anything with him because no game recognizes us as friends but the PS4 list still does.

I've never encountered this issue before.

We were friends for months and never had an issue seeing each other or playing anything but it kinda happened recently that I can't see his user avatar unless I click his name. Once I go into his profile it still gives me the option to send a friend request (if I try to do that the PS4 says we are already friends). The only thing I can think of is that maybe he hosed with privacy settings? I don't think it's on my end because I've added a few people within the past month just fine.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 25, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man Far Cry primal is an exceptionally annoying game. The map is just literally covered with enemies to the point that you can't walk 2 feet without some pack of animals or group of assholes loving with you, and it's all made exceptionally unfun by the terrible weapons. Basing a Far Cry game around skyrim quality melee combat seems like it was a bad idea.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

Man Far Cry primal is an exceptionally annoying game. The map is just literally covered with enemies to the point that you can't walk 2 feet without some pack of animals or group of assholes loving with you, and it's all made exceptionally unfun by the terrible weapons. Basing a Far Cry game around skyrim quality melee combat seems like it was a bad idea.

My housemate bought it on my PSN account. She masochistically kept pushing through the game. I played it for maybe 2 hours and went gently caress more of this stupid poo poo, especially since I don't have a machine gun now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know what I was thinking. Thought it was sort of fun when it came out when I rented it and played about 25% of it and bought it on sale a couple months ago to finish it and it just totally sucks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The map is small but dense. If you use your bird and your pet to continually attack poo poo you can just murder the rest pretty easily.

The only time I got frustrated was in one quest where you are stuck in a cave with like five sabretooth tigers

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I like Primal a lot. But definitely the animal density is too much. Especially when you're trying to use the Owl and you can't squat in a bush for 20 seconds without getting jumped by a wolf or bird.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My favorite part about Primal was trying to clear outposts with only the bird but otherwise it was fairly dull. The game really didn't have enough ideas to merit being a full length title rather than a Blood Dragon style 10 hour game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

J-Spot posted:

My favorite part about Primal was trying to clear outposts with only the bird but otherwise it was fairly dull. The game really didn't have enough ideas to merit being a full length title rather than a Blood Dragon style 10 hour game.

At least in Blood Dragon you could run around flipping people off and saying gently caress you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Ys VIII PS4 port came out today in Japan and man I love Vita ports. 60fps no matter what and load times over in the blink of an eye. I wish all games could be like that.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 25, 2017

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Ys VIII PS4 port came out today in Japan and man I love Vita ports. 60fps no matter what and load times over in the blink of an eye. I wish all games could be like that.

So are you saying I made a mistake pre-ordering the Vita version?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 version is an improvement​ in every way so unless you really need it to be portable, yeah.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want this game so bad

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

He lost a game of skill against Kojima and was forced to relinquish twenty years of his life.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

"Would you like to play a game?"
- Hideo Kojima

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

I want this game so bad
Every second when you aren't running around like a maniac swinging your sword is really boring though. That's Ys I guess.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Has the Far Cry keyart leak been brought up yet? The game is indeed about a white supremacist group/cult taking over a town in Montana

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am so excited to kill midwestern White Supremacists as a black cop.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Who is Troy Baker voicing? My guess is on the dude in the middle.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

not an uninteresting concept tbh

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Bust Rodd posted:

Wait you play as a black guy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's the rumor.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm excited for FarCry 5 but I'm especially excited to see idiots flip their poo poo over this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Race wars: they're fuckin' good

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This might be a can of worms for the thread so let me stress that both games are obviously very fun and well made, but as someone who has put about 30 hours into Nioh this week and about 5-6 hours into Bloodborne today, it's really funny remembering when BB launched and people were like "OMG it's Dark Souls turned up to 11! Breakneck Speed! The parry mechanic is so deep!" when Nioh's mechanics just soundly clown on BB as far as I can tell.

I am already more invested in whatever is going on on Bloodborne (I literally just downed Father Gas & Cleric Beast) than Nioh's plodding epic saga, and I like Yharnam more than I like anything from Nioh except for maybe the one map that's like some yellow mountain pass with a catacombs.

Basically Nioh seems like the pinnacle of the Blood Souls games mechanically, but Bloodborne just looks cooler. I think I'll probably beat BB before I go back to Nioh though, I'm not switching controls schemes like that again!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Freak Futanari posted:

Race wars: they're fuckin' good

A one man race war.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can't wait to use various forms of AR15s since the bad guys will only use American Made guns

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

A one man race war.

Since blacks are physically and intellectually superior, genetically speaking, this is a fair handicap

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mr President posted:

Has the Far Cry keyart leak been brought up yet? The game is indeed about a white supremacist group/cult taking over a town in Montana

people On Line are freaking out about how this game is about killing "average americans"

as an average american in a death cult where i kidnap people and write "sinner" on their back and also own a wolf with face paint, i am DEEPLY offended

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's hosed up that they appropriate Native American culture by including a bow in their armory. These are shaping up to be the worst bad guys yet.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Mr President posted:

I like how one of the guys to the right looks exactly like Olgierd von Everec.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to make up for the domestic setting, I hope there are inexplicably dinosaurs to hunt in far cry 5

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jon Hamm from Kimmy Schmidt gonna get it.