Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm almost to the point where you are.... so close! I don't want to get to the point where my brain degrades so far that I consider any of these in game packs to be worth any money at all. If I'm spending anywhere near 20 dollars I better get some 7 star moderately geared and leveled guaranteed characters. Not some lovely 3 or 4 or 5 star poo poo heel I still have to spend weeks grinding out on own. Literally no value for money.

Ahhh so close...

Do it, the Force compels you.

SWGOH literally has an option for you to pay so you don't have to play the game. (crystals for sim tickets).

I've replaced the time this game took up with Jeopardy. Learn new facts while not being pressured into spending money instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

two_step posted:

TFP is great. RG I guess is OK, the rest are meh (though Mal will come in here and defend snowtrooper til his death)

What level are you? Trooper squad isn't bad now, you can farm up General, Storm, and Magma easily. Snow requires higher level or guild coins, and then Death is high level Cantina and Shore is High level light side and giant pain.

if your'e looking for a vader palp team that's good, you can get TFP from farm easily, Maul shows up in fleets and is good, RG takes a while and if you're high enough Shore or Sith Trooper both do a better job on that team (although I prefer RG in raids because of the slow).

The main issue with F2P empire/sith teams is that they require farming people with only 1 or 2 heroic shards OR last stage Cantina/LS missions.

Tarkin got an upgrade today, too, but I have 0 experience with it.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I've been running Tarkin, shoretrooper, magma, RG, and Vader and I've had fairly good results. Magma and RG make sure the other team doesn't get a turn, shoretrooper heals and blocks any attacks that actually do make it, and Tarkin gives everyone a speed buff while his basic attack hits like a truck.

It's been an okay setup so far.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a decent F2P empire team?

I've got EP and Vader at 7*

Then I have 5*... Tarkin, TFP, RG, Magma, Snow, and Storm. Currently working on Tarkin to push to 7* with the revamp.

two_step posted:

TFP is great. RG I guess is OK, the rest are meh (though Mal will come in here and defend snowtrooper til his death)

I've never once suggested you should use Snowtrooper in an empire based arena squad. If you want to build a trooper squad though, his bonus (20% CD) synergizes with Veers (+CC and his leader adds offense) really well.

If you're running EP (L), you can also throw Sith in there that get decent bonuses. TFP, RG, and Shoretrooper round out the best Empire-only squad. Deathtrooper and Director Krennic are fairly powerful, but hard to farm (esp. Krennic). Deathtrooper on his own is decent (second best trooper after Shore), but only farmable from the last tier of Cantina. Shoretrooper is only farmable on the hardest hard node -- 9B light (when/if you get there, ask for either my or Twostep's ally code).

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Can we take a look at how QGJ does Rancor? The 24 hold is a good idea, but the problem I've been having is checking in and seeing an hour or two left on the hold, then getting lost in family or work stuff, checking back a few hours later and seeing the Rancor dead.

Can we maybe lower the hold to 22 or 23 hours? Or maybe have a 12 hour hold and then for the next 12 hours nobody should do more than 500k in damage?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Can we take a look at how QGJ does Rancor? The 24 hold is a good idea, but the problem I've been having is checking in and seeing an hour or two left on the hold, then getting lost in family or work stuff, checking back a few hours later and seeing the Rancor dead.

Can we maybe lower the hold to 22 or 23 hours? Or maybe have a 12 hour hold and then for the next 12 hours nobody should do more than 500k in damage?

Set a raid time alarm on your phone, dude.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Set a raid time alarm on your phone, dude.

Can't always stop what I'm doing for SWGOH; but I'll give it a try.

edit: Case in point, the 2nd node took 25 minutes to complete today. It's not that big a deal, just frustrating when I miss getting any real damage on Rancor. I was able to get in some good damage today. If nobody else is having this problem then I'll just shut up.

Also, kudos to the goon who posted "buy shoretrooper." I'm finding a Tarkin (L), Palps, TFP, Shore, and Vader or RG (not sure which) works pretty good. I really like Tarkin's speed buffs.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 25, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You can start the fight and then walk away. As long as you finish before payout you will get rewards.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Davethulhu posted:

You can start the fight and then walk away. As long as you finish before payout you will get rewards.

You can even start well before the damage hold ends. If you don't mind leaving the app open on your phone and setting it aside, you can enter the raid half an hour before go time, come back 45 minutes after go time, and so long as you finish your run less than an hour after it dies, you get credit.

(I take no responsibility for what this does to your battery or your phone.)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
He seems to want to be doing P2, which is kind of hard to judge.

I remember those days on my own account. My only suggestion is to get a P1 team together, it's a lot easier to rack up big damage against the guards.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

RC Cola posted:

Why is RG so hard to level

Because this fuckin game, man

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I just uninstalled this piece of poo poo and quit QGJ so I guess there's a spot open there now if anyone wants in. Nice guild.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Anyone level 85 in QGJ ready to make the leap to SM?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MichiganCubbie posted:

Anyone level 85 in QGJ ready to make the leap to SM?

What's the difference between OGJ and SM?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

RC Cola posted:

What's the difference between OGJ and SM?

SM is running heroic on both rancor and tanks, so it's a little more advanced than QGJ, which is just running rancors at this point.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

SM is running heroic on both rancor and tanks, so it's a little more advanced than QGJ, which is just running rancors at this point.

What tier rancor do you do?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

RC Cola posted:

What tier rancor do you do?

Heroic on both rancor and tank.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

Heroic on both rancor and tank.

I meant QGJ

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

I meant QGJ

heroic

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Noonsa posted:

I've replaced the time this game took up with Jeopardy. Learn new facts while not being pressured into spending money instead.

Like, a Jeopardy mobile game? Because I watch the show all the time while playing Star Wars.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Man I'm sucking at this Luke event, any tips?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Did you bring the bigger Luke?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Like, a Jeopardy mobile game? Because I watch the show all the time while playing Star Wars.

A Jeopardy mobile game would be fun.

edit: Did they boost Zeta rewards either permanently or for this event. Having only unlocked them two weeks ago, out of two refreshes on the day you could potentially get one I'd either get 1 zeta or 0 zetas? Today, I got two for each refresh for a total of four. :woop:

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 25, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

A Jeopardy mobile game would be fun.

edit: Did they boost Zeta rewards either permanently or for this event. Having only unlocked them two weeks ago, out of two refreshes on the day you could potentially get one I'd either get 1 zeta or 0 zetas? Today, I got two for each refresh for a total of four. :woop:

no, you're just lucky

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

drat; still I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Reroll until there's only one brute in the final stage, kill the brutes last, kill the raiders first. Ability block the raiders asap so they can't call assists.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I know about not spending money on card packs, but the game keeps luring me in and this was my morning haul. I started playing 2 weeks ago and bought 4 packs total, giving me about 13 characters. Among them Baze, from my first pack, and today his bro Chirrut.

Help me to stop buying while I'm ahead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

I know about not spending money on card packs, but the game keeps luring me in and this was my morning haul. I started playing 2 weeks ago and bought 4 packs total, giving me about 13 characters. Among them Baze, from my first pack, and today his bro Chirrut.

You couldn't possibly get any luckier, stop buying packs.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

Stop buying chromium packs you lucky rear end fucker. Spend those crystals on baze shards from shipments to press your advantage. You will be able to get chirrut shards soon from ships.

Stop buying chromium packs you lucky rear end fucker. You should also be spending crystals on feverishly unlocking gear nodes and gearing up your chaze. Having those 2 guys starred up and geared is WAY more important than rolling the dice on chromium packs.

Stop buying chromium packs you lucky rear end fucker. Seriously, quit while you're ahead. This isn't a gacha style game like FE heroes. There are plenty of better ways to acquire heroes than doing FE-style pulls like you're doing.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 25, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The new double drop stuff is neat but I wish they'd list the purple fear and shards at the top instead of fleet currency and other stuff.

Also I don't like this small time frame event stuff :( I almost missed the first one because I rarely check in before the noon refresh

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Hey, someone has to pay for our fun! Thank you kind goon !

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

BobTheDestroyer posted:

I did one tier 3 on tabs account and bonus on mine.

Normal tier mostly just focus the raiders and everyone survives fine. Nebits taunt reduces everyone's cooldowns so je can mostly heal and give turn meter, and js can have a field day with his aoe thermal detonator fun since the tuskan crit a lot. I had good luck with saving all the aoe for after the taunts.

Bonus tier I beat with a 85g9 Luke with a 5* crit avoidance arrow, 1* crit damage triangle (better to use a crit damage set for constant 1hk on raiders). Mods sets were potency but since I could kill everything but the last boss with a single primary or secondary attack it didn't matter. I think I was around +1200ish protection, +6ish speed, +800ish health. Crit hit was 48% after mods. Crit damage was about 167% but one shaman did take 2 shots and the boss was about 5. Luke lived with 2 bars of health. I probably got lucky but if you changed the mod set to crit damage + whatever and focused on crit hit and health/protection it would probably be easier. As long as you can kill the raiders in one shot your probably fine and I found the crit avoidance arrow was better than the speed arrow.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

I was that lucky once, and then I didn't get another drop for like 3 weeks. I really hate RNG sometimes.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

I loving quit.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

How are you guys doing the later tiers already? I've only had two event windows so far today, and you can only complete one stage per window.

And judging from above I'm guessing at some point you have to use your own guys?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

How are you guys doing the later tiers already? I've only had two event windows so far today, and you can only complete one stage per window.

And judging from above I'm guessing at some point you have to use your own guys?

I started on tier 4 and am working my way back to 1.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Ahhhh I see. I was missing some of the prereqs at first.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tadashi posted:

I loving quit.

A little old, but I've done way worse.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I don't like that I have to suddenly have a high star Luke to do the higher tiers. He wasn't a good character before, still isn't but I have to have him at 6 stars all of a sudden with practically no warning or time to prep?

Thanks for the empire suggestions, Shore is a little too out of my league atm (currently 83 and i can't even beat 9 normal yet). How does MagmaTrooper stand these days? He's really easy for me to level and I'll have him at 7 in not time so I assume he's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We should pin this or something: