Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Then find/replace one of those. My point remains. We're not getting Metroid unless she's a preteen girl and there's a panty-photographing mini game because Nintendo hates us. :colbert:
You seem to know a lot about this sort of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You realise the guy behind Paper Mario and the person behind it's music we're like, also the director and music person of Super Mario RPG. Or producer, or something.

Edit: I might be thinking of Superstar Saga

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

If the team that did World of Final Fantasy did it, I'd be on board.

That could work. I wouldn't mind seeing just another Mario & Luigi game with those characters since a lot of Mario RPG's staff moved on to AlphaDream anyway.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Well, even though I have a WiiU with Mario Kart 8 and BoTW, I am joining the Switch brigade. Hopefully ARMS is fun, and I am also looking forward to Splatoon 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

the truth posted:

Well, even though I have a WiiU with Mario Kart 8 and BoTW, I am joining the Switch brigade. Hopefully ARMS is fun, and I am also looking forward to Splatoon 2.

There's going to be an Arms beta starting this weekend at select hours so make sure you download that.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

the truth posted:

Welcome to the club. I also have both games on both systems.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I mean technically they probably already have. Tose is weird like that.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I was tempted to leave it in the box until I see what shows up at E3, especially since I still need to finish Persona 5 and play Horizon Zero Dawn, but I will probably just go for it. I got a big memory card and will probably go mostly digital.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Meridian posted:

If you want to go real nuts early on, you can do what I definitely didn't do at all no sir and play straight to 2-1. Once you unlock 2-1, go to the store and buy about 500 unopened Sodas. Go to 2-1 and use them all on Killia while he stands on a 50% exp square. He'll level every 5 or so sodas you consume. You can also have a cleric heal him as he levels up to work on that class mastery, but I don't know if that particular class is required to unlock anything.

Once Killia is 188, you can now create level 150 characters at the recruiter. Make a 150 of pretty much everything. Priority though is getting your martial artist to level 2 mastery to unlock the thief. The thief is important because it has a skill called create box, and destroying the box rewards a poo poo ton more class EXP than killing monsters that you now outlevel by 145 levels. Each box kill or two will get you a star.

So...if you want to unlock every class as soon as you get to 2-1, that's a way to do it.

Don't judge me.

Good poo poo. Just wanna add to this; If you've got the 5k mana to spend on it, savescumming the triple EXP bill also speeds things up, also the cheat menu giving a bigger exp bump was getting me a level per soda. I stopped at 248 for the sake of raising class ranks already.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Suddenly got bored again of BotW on my way to the second divine beast :(

Oh well, got a solid 20 hours out of it, and maybe I'll pick it up again later

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ciaphas posted:

Suddenly got bored again of BotW on my way to the second divine beast :(

Oh well, got a solid 20 hours out of it, and maybe I'll pick it up again later

Ok :)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just want to say that I've had this stand for a day and it owns:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZAYH58/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mWKjzbFTZWJD4

It's super solid and folds small enough to fit in my hard case along with the pro controller's USB cord and some screen wipes.

Some one else itt has mentioned it before and I'll second it. For $18.99 it's sturdy and solid. Really makes tabletop better.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure why the hell the next Samus game would rely on trends established by other Japanese companies that Nintendo has limited affiliation with for series that belong to totally different genres.

But yanno. Gotta get your licks in on Japanese media, I guess.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beastie posted:

It's super solid and folds small enough to fit in my hard case along with the pro controller's USB cord and some screen wipes.

Some one else itt has mentioned it before and I'll second it. For $18.99 it's sturdy and solid. Really makes tabletop better.

Thx for the post-up duder

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Because the tall impossibly beautiful blonde in a skintight bodysuit would never be associated with gratuitous fanservice, no sir.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Beastie posted:

It is I, who has and agree, it is the best.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uh why do I need a stand when my Nintendo Switch Entertainment System already has that little kickstand?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Because the tall impossibly beautiful blonde in a skintight bodysuit would never be associated with gratuitous fanservice, no sir.

Of course not. It's more the specific combination of "lol, anime" tropes people think Nintendo will suddenly have to embrace to make a new Metroid, or whatever.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Uh why do I need a stand when my Nintendo Switch Entertainment System already has that little kickstand?

Can't charge with the kickstand.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Can't charge with the kickstand.

Drill hole in desk. Done.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I never play more than the recommended 1 hour because I care about my eyesight.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I never play more than the recommended 1 hour because I care about my eyesight.

Go hog wild. Just remember to blink.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Of course not. It's more the specific combination of "lol, anime" tropes people think Nintendo will suddenly have to embrace to make a new Metroid, or whatever.

To be fair that is what happened for other M so it isn't impossible

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Other-M was crap, but it was a pretty different kind of crap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah that was my point, it was a radical departure from what came before and had a lot of lovely anime tropes so fearing they might go even hard into it isn't surprising.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Catherine is, like, their least pervy game, even if the boxart tells you otherwise. There's even a point to it, story-wise, and doesn't involve high-schoolers. I wouldn't let them make a new Metroid game, because the story/gameplay ratio would be lopsided ok the wrong direction.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Drill hole in desk. Done.

just :lol: if you don't use a harmonica holder so you can play hands free wherever you're walking

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Netflix Castlevania is a anime based on the NES game.

Based on Castlevania 3, to be specific.

Nephzinho posted:

Only if someone else does the combat system because WoFF's combat was terrible and p a i n f u l l y s l o w.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Based on Castlevania 3, to be specific.

Gotta have Alucard in it as a combination big reveal and spinoff launch for the fanboys.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Other-M is full of a lot of nasty tropes that are sadly common in western and eastern sci-fi, even if it's visually pretty "anime" - and only to an extent, given the design of the federation troopers. But I was specifically responding to the notion that Nintendo is inclined to put in a bunch of ecchi elements involving teenaged girls just because they're a Japanese company.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not sure why the hell the next Samus game would rely on trends established by other Japanese companies that Nintendo has limited affiliation with for series that belong to totally different genres.

But yanno. Gotta get your licks in on Japanese media, I guess.

People are still real mad about the newer FE games I guess

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I heard that for years. Then I played it and didnt think it was that bad. But that's after years of poo poo talk. So my expectation for how bad it was supposed to be was very high.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fire Emblem was always like that.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am in Japan and have seen a ton of joycon controllers in stores but I haven't seen anyone carrying the pro controller over here. I am sure the pro controller will eventually arrive but having another controller that could work on my PC and my android tablet is pretty tempting.

Late but in my area, every GEO has the pro controller.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stands are all well and good but is there a device that lets me do this?

I would very much like to know

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

the opposite of Fire Emblem Fates?

No that would make a good game with a good translation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renoistic posted:

Catherine is, like, their least pervy game, even if the boxart tells you otherwise. There's even a point to it, story-wise, and doesn't involve high-schoolers. I wouldn't let them make a new Metroid game, because the story/gameplay ratio would be lopsided ok the wrong direction.

Catherine is a game about adult relationships. As in the protagonist dealing with second thoughts with regards to staying with his pregnant girlfriend, Katherine, along with marriage, moving together and all the trappings. Or whether he'd rather actually give that energetic young twenty-something blonde (Catherine) who just wants to have fun with him the time of day and escape all that serious stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

El Burbo posted:

Stands are all well and good but is there a device that lets me do this?

I would very much like to know

One of those gorilla grips ought to do it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Beastie posted:

is this sale for a limited time or is it a prime thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aiQM1sykQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmEYtaORaA

gently caress Mario Kart :frogc00l:

• Locked thread