Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Pinterest Mom posted:

wholesome christian vore

mods

hmm actually no maybe not now that i think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

wholesome christian vore, staring jonah

that'll get asses in pews

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the Bible doesn't talk about how much Jonah enjoyed being swallowed whole now that I think of it :thunk:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
worst page

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tends to happen with ur posts

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

funny Star Wars parody posted:

tends to happen with ur posts

There have been 11412 posts made by funny Star Wars parody, an average of 6.55 posts per day, since registering on 16 Aug 2012. funny Star Wars parody claims to be a male.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
step off, turd

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Crime on a Dime posted:

step off, turd

:thejoke:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the Bible doesn't talk about how much Jonah enjoyed being swallowed whole now that I think of it :thunk:

lmao holy poo poo when did we get :thunk:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

spankmeister posted:

One good example is google translate

it can now translate the content of other apps via an overlay

Facebook's messaging that lives in top of your screen at all times is another example, although whether that's a "good" example is a question of taste.

I did win a ticket to I/O one year by making a dumb app with it though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

vOv posted:

lmao holy poo poo when did we get :thunk:

:orb:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

what joke ( u)

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

i think the last time this was true was the very first version of android on the g1

I think it took until around Froyo to be fixed (but I'm willing to be wrong/good luck proving every vendor did it right). the G1, between not clearly having an OS with any sort of security model and the first Moto Droid coming along and not shipping with any of the standard app themes, is still closely tied to why I'm hesitant to do android again.

and then around the time I considered giving it a second chance I found Dr 666's documented turmoil with Android devices lying about their capabilities and just kinda threw my hands up again.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

the guy next to me got 1 mouse click away from putting his credentials into the obvious plaintext webmail phishing scam before going 'hey actually maybe this is one of those tests i heard about....i guess i should report it or something'

if they put a tiny bit more effort into the formatting for the next test mail they'll get 90% failure rate i guarantee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol someone named Dojan used my email to sign up for a kohl's account apparently

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chris Knight posted:

lol someone named Dojan used my email to sign up for a kohl's account apparently

same only a chinese person allegedly named tom, who used one of my dump emails to sign up for paypal

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the guy next to me got 1 mouse click away from putting his credentials into the obvious plaintext webmail phishing scam before going 'hey actually maybe this is one of those tests i heard about....i guess i should report it or something'

if they put a tiny bit more effort into the formatting for the next test mail they'll get 90% failure rate i guarantee

hmm, maybe people would be more attentive if IT departments held "phishing contests" - if you tell IT about a phishing mail, you'll get a bottle of wine or some poo poo

or if there is too much spam, make it a ticket in a lottery or something like that

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ymgve posted:

hmm, maybe people would be more attentive if IT departments held "phishing contests" - if you tell IT about a phishing mail, you'll get a bottle of wine or some poo poo

or if there is too much spam, make it a ticket in a lottery or something like that

when you report it you actually got a message back saying 'this was a test, well done but stay vigilant' or something

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ymgve posted:

Facebook does this, I'm told it works.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

must be nice to have infinity dollars to spend on things with no obvious ROI to management

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

when you report it you actually got a message back saying 'this was a test, well done but stay vigilant' or something

they do that at work, it's fun to see the various kinds they try

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ate all the Oreos posted:

must be nice to have infinity dollars to spend on things with no obvious ROI to management

you can measure it in various ways

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
my work will send out honeypot phishing emails and then follow it up with scolding announcements about how you should never click on links, open attachments, just never touch anything!!!, etc. which is good i guess

but without fail they will do this a few hours before they email super-important calendar invites to mandatory firmwide meetings and then wonder why attendance was abysmal

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 25, 2017

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
my coworker got a test phish email from hr, sent using the hr email with all completely valid email headers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Perplx posted:

my coworker got a test phish email from hr, sent using the hr email with all completely valid email headers

hahahaha

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
y'all know what time it is

tavis time

https://twitter.com/taviso/status/867790387498295296

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1F93EJIds

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ultramiraculous posted:

I think it took until around Froyo to be fixed (but I'm willing to be wrong/good luck proving every vendor did it right). the G1, between not clearly having an OS with any sort of security model and the first Moto Droid coming along and not shipping with any of the standard app themes, is still closely tied to why I'm hesitant to do android again.

and then around the time I considered giving it a second chance I found Dr 666's documented turmoil with Android devices lying about their capabilities and just kinda threw my hands up again.

Things have changed a bit since then, and you mainly only need to worry about this as an app developer. Then again this isn't the place, so pm me if you want to chat about it.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

ate all the Oreos posted:

god you have no idea, i really miss being able to throw hardware at problems

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
bottles of wine are kind of stretching the definition of hardware, but eh, if it works...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pr0zac posted:

god you have no idea, i really miss being able to throw hardware at problems

"so we want a good onion name prefix..."

tbh, I even miss the dev servers

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Facebook does this, I'm told it works.

to be fair the reward for doing just about anything at facebook is alcohol

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
tavis time is the most terrifying time

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

its visible now so at least MS patched and pushed quickly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the video that works on all occasions

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
how can msmpeng not be sandboxed? like, what? they rolled it in as a standard component. they're even sandboxing dangerous kernel areas now.

did someone just forget all this weird AV poo poo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Thanks Ants posted:

the video that works on all occasions

it just plays in an endless loop in my head all day, every day.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
it's cool how there's this giant, freakishly insecure subsystem buried deep in every modern windows installation

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like how people were recommending MSE over other AV because there were so many problems with other AV. Turns out MSE is just as bad and based Tavis just hadn't gotten round to it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
as far as anyone knew it was the least bad, and even tavis recommended it

• Locked thread