Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Were all the goon made species in a mod somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

When the game populates the galaxy, does it only use the remade civilizations, or will it make up brand new ones so I don't always find the same empires?
I've only found one and it was the Kingdom of Yondarim. Not to mention I decided to give them a trade agreement but took nothing in return because I have no clue how to get them to give me things in return.

Left side of the negotiation screen is what you're offering, right is what you're demanding. As long as the number in the middle is green they'll take the deal. If you hover over it you'll get more details as to why they may or may not be willing to accept the deal. AI doesn't tend to give people they don't like research agreements, for example.

Also,

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

if you're expanding fast enough the gap between +8 and a deficit is not very large is the thing

I have underestimated the value of private colony ships. I'm gonna have some even unhappier friends next time I get to play my adaptive devouring swarm with them.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

TGLT posted:

Left side of the negotiation screen is what you're offering, right is what you're demanding. As long as the number in the middle is green they'll take the deal. If you hover over it you'll get more details as to why they may or may not be willing to accept the deal. AI doesn't tend to give people they don't like research agreements, for example.

How do I add a demand?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

How do I add a demand?

Same way you add your offers, go over to their side of the screen and start clicking on what you want. Some of them should open up into a submenu deal, like Minerals tab opening up to Instant and Monthly transfers.

edit: Here's a link straight to the wiki.

2nd edit: vvv also that might be your issue

TGLT fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 24, 2017

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

IAmTheRad posted:

How do I add a demand?

If you're playing at low resolution, there might be a pair of tabs below the list of things that you can offer, and you'll need to click the one labeled "Demand" to switch to demanding things.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

There isn't a good way to share user-made species, and there especially isn't a good way to combine a bunch of people's different creations into a single mod.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Here you go.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

welp

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I knew it existed somewhere, thank you!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

The Horizon Signal event doesn't interact well with psychics, especially if, like me, you had a colony ship out when you went latent psionic, leaving one planet of non-psychics. And then another colony ship went out while you fully embraced the precursor species from Horizon Signal. And then the end of Horizon Signal giving you yet another subspecies, for a total of four.

Top Viss is Latent Psionic, bottom two are full Psionic.

Then I got the notification that one of my Viss has latent psionic potential, and we can awaken that if we choose. I did, and...

Now I'm latently Psionic and Psionic and I got the best habitability on all my pops, but I'm no longer considered the founder race of my empire. In fact, nobody is the founder of my empire. This can only end well.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I've never seen that chain :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Korgan posted:

The Horizon Signal event doesn't interact well with psychics, especially if, like me, you had a colony ship out when you went latent psionic, leaving one planet of non-psychics. And then another colony ship went out while you fully embraced the precursor species from Horizon Signal. And then the end of Horizon Signal giving you yet another subspecies, for a total of four.

Top Viss is Latent Psionic, bottom two are full Psionic.

Then I got the notification that one of my Viss has latent psionic potential, and we can awaken that if we choose. I did, and...

Now I'm latently Psionic and Psionic and I got the best habitability on all my pops, but I'm no longer considered the founder race of my empire. In fact, nobody is the founder of my empire. This can only end well.

It's a little less wonky with Cyborgs but not by much!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hang out around black holes. There are a few different ways for it to start but black holes are fairly important to it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Korgan posted:

You know what you have to do now right?

purge the galaxy of all other sentient life, then purge yourself

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you want to game it, Grab a science ship and just jump that guy in and out of a black hole again and again until the event pops up. The event has a 1% chance of triggering so just keep exploring. I have never gamed it and I've seen the Horizon Signal about a dozen times now, just from exploring the galaxy normally. I do play on the largest galaxy though, maybe I'm getting more chances to trigger it than you.

PittTheElder posted:

You know what you have to do now right?

purge the galaxy of all other sentient life, then purge yourself

Already working on it.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Korgan posted:

If you want to game it, Grab a science ship and just jump that guy in and out of a black hole again and again until the event pops up.

I believe that's been patched out now.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I believe that's been patched out now.

It definitely hasn't.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I got 5 out of 6 required precursor/first league artifacts but can't find the 6th needed, are they only in one corner of the galaxy? Because if so I'm boned as I've surveyed everything there.

stoicheian
Aug 10, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sounds good. On an unrelated note, I really wish the repaired Automated Dreadnaught was a little swoler. The Ether Drake hatchling is like three times as strong AND you get the Artificial Dragonscale tech. The Dreadnaught could use a little more luster.

I put it in a separate fleet and have it retreat after soaking a bunch of damage. Works pretty well.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/867697234321825792

So we begin to see the shape of the new AI crisis.

Looking good.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Welp.

Edit: Motherbother.

Double edit: Should have gone with "Kill. Crush. Destroy.". I loved that game.

Triple edit: It was actually "Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy". My memory is bad. Christ, it was 20 years ago.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 25, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
'Contingency'?

I can't figure how or why the AI, even a sentient one, would want to give itself so much trouble as to destroy/assmilate everything. They're not the Beast or anything.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rincewinds posted:

Welp.

Edit: Motherbother.

Double edit: Should have gone with "Kill. Crush. Destroy.". I loved that game.

Triple edit: It was actually "Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy". My memory is bad. Christ, it was 20 years ago.

KKnD loving ruled. The Starsiege cybrids were really good too.

HURT//MAIM//KILL

ACKNOWLEDGE//SUBMIT

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Bloodly posted:

'Contingency'?

I can't figure how or why the AI, even a sentient one, would want to give itself so much trouble as to destroy/assmilate everything. They're not the Beast or anything.

The way I'm reading this is that it's an ancient AI construct that was long ago given the specific task of cleansing the galaxy of anything but "compliant" AI life, and now it just got woken up.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
That looks totally boss. Just as long as the actual gameplay under the cool lore is just as good...

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I mean, if you're going with a malevolent god AI that enjoys/is programmed to inflict suffering on organic life, having it spend 200 years blowing up random space stations around the galaxy simply for the sake of being incredibly annoying and rage inducing still kinda works :v:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I started a war and I found out that I cannot possibly win. How do I surrender?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I got 5 out of 6 required precursor/first league artifacts but can't find the 6th needed, are they only in one corner of the galaxy? Because if so I'm boned as I've surveyed everything there.

After a while they'll just spawn near your empire with an event

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I love the writing for this game.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I don't see even a single mention of "EXTERMINATE" in that picture :colbert:

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

I started a war and I found out that I cannot possibly win. How do I surrender?

Bottom right of your screen will have an at war icon. Click on that then click on the negotiation tab. Your enemy's demands are on the right. Click on a combo that the AI will agree to peace out with. Hover over the positive or negative number in the middle to see why the AI thinks your offer is a good or bad deal.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I got this game when it was on sale on Steam, I'm enjoying but I've run into an issue. When I try and select my doomstack of ships, the interface in the bottom left doesn't show up (this menu). It shows up when I select anything else, like a station or a science vessel. Just not for my fleet. It used to show up a few hours ago. I can still move the fleet, but I can't split/merge or change admirals or anything. Is this a bug or did I hit some hotkey to disable it?

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
I think I may be in for a round of forever-war. Once again I had to peace out early with an enemy empire, this time because the Fanatic Purifiers were ready for round two. Just as soon as I occupy their capital world the Sildor Citizen Union declares war. Fortunately the League of Qix'Lufran declared on the Slaughterers after I smashed their fleets so I hope they'll be kept busy while I take care of the upstart Union.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Are the Unbidden always supposed to spawn like 2 empires away from me?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Just wait. You'll eventually get a pop up about some unlicenced prospectors finding an artifact or something, then you'll have an anomaly spawn somewhere in your territory. This may be bugged to never happen, or to happen and then not spawn the anomaly. Have fun!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Just a head's up.

Stellaris is on sale on Humble Store. Leviathan 33% off (might be less, I have an additional 10%), Plantoids 40% off (Again, I have an additional 10%).

I grabbed Leviathan, now I am missing Utopia which I can get for sale for 10% off on Steam by grabbing the 'anniversary' bundle.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Cicadalek posted:

I got this game when it was on sale on Steam, I'm enjoying but I've run into an issue. When I try and select my doomstack of ships, the interface in the bottom left doesn't show up \. It shows up when I select anything else, like a station or a science vessel. Just not for my fleet. It used to show up a few hours ago. I can still move the fleet, but I can't split/merge or change admirals or anything. Is this a bug or did I hit some hotkey to disable it?

It's a bug with the fleet display breaking when a fleet has too many ships in it(the battle list will break as well.). To fix select the fleet and hit V to split it, you should be able to see both fleets, if not keep splitting till you do.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Korgan posted:

It definitely hasn't.

from the banks patch notes:

quote:

* Doubled likelihood of triggering Horizon Signal event chain when a science ship enters a black hole system
* Can no longer trigger Horizon Signal by moving a science ship repeatedly into the same black hole system

are you sure you've seen this happen since the banks patch? not just getting it off the first time you enter a system?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

are you sure you've seen this happen since the banks patch? not just getting it off the first time you enter a system?

I've twice now found the event from a system I'd previously surveyed and then ignored for months.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Welp.

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/867990856686460928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Pretty sure yes.

• Locked thread