Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hyvok posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild? I'm not actually sure what my account name is but character name KuuraKerttu should work I guess.

Done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I also need one after getting kicked out in the last purge. Character name BigFlamingFursona.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Count Uvula posted:

I also need one after getting kicked out in the last purge. Character name BigFlamingFursona.
:ms:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Most lab runners ive seen go with pathfinder runsfast builds. Usually using scourge + bladefall/bladevortex poison doubledipping for izaro and dog.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Also the ascendant changes aren't sexy, but they seem pretty nice overall. I am hopeful that combined with the changes to everything else, there will be some clear uses for scion in 3.0

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Would anyone be down to carry me through Uber lab? Tired of dying on the third phase of Izaro

name: drunkelflady

BobbyK fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 25, 2017

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL4SdTGlG9w

Not really sure how to react to this Gruthkul vid. Underwhelmed? I liked Aberrath and the Brine King.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

pork never goes bad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL4SdTGlG9w

Not really sure how to react to this Gruthkul vid. Underwhelmed? I liked Aberrath and the Brine King.

I would imagine its not an act boss. Its not as impressive as Aberrath, but it doesnt need to be.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just saw a guy with the Tiger pet and that thing is huge.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

That's fair funman, but it remains a pretty lovely teaser. I'd be happy sending the other two, as well as the trailer, to a friend who asked about PoE, but not this one. And I guess I had higher hopes for the Pantheon bosses overall given the first 2 teased.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

sounds like it's time for you to give up all hope on ggg producing good content and just go back to playing d3 instead

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i just finally got my first character to maps, an arc witch with a budget of half a chaos. it was fun and now i have a bit of currency and some uniques. i wanna do one of those crazy clear builds where they are sprinting around all whacky fast and everything explodes. i don't exactly have exalts or nothin but does anyone know something like this that isn't death to level

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Farg posted:

i just finally got my first character to maps, an arc witch with a budget of half a chaos. it was fun and now i have a bit of currency and some uniques. i wanna do one of those crazy clear builds where they are sprinting around all whacky fast and everything explodes. i don't exactly have exalts or nothin but does anyone know something like this that isn't death to level

If you arent too sure what to play, choose a skill you want and go to http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list and see if any of the builds grab your fancy. Usually what happens is you get a skill you can use at low levels effectively, then switch over to your main skill later on, when its powerful enough, or you have the right combo going. Dont forget to grab a junk 2hander with a bunch of sockets in it, and put gems you want to use later on in there, so they are ready for you when you need them.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Farg posted:

Two cheap options.

Inquisitor Vaal Spark, level as firestorm or flameblast totems. Getting it Merc lake viable is very easy, and then you can spam lake to fund your gear.

Goes fast, much cheaper than vfb, and the shatter noise is the most satisfying combat noise in poe. Don't do this unless you only like running easy layout maps only. This is very fast at that and sucks at everything else. If you make 25ex you can turn it into a beastly vaal fireball character. Check my previous posts for some VFB notes.

Low life EK Nova Pathfinder. Good clear speed, can do it on the cheap with coruscating elixir (softcore​ viable)! Mathil has a guide if you look up his YouTube.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

I just saw a guy with the Tiger pet and that thing is huge.

Did it have jewels on its back? If so that guy gave ggg like 50 grand or something crazy to get that made way back in the day when they were just starting.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Holyshoot posted:

Did it have jewels on its back? If so that guy gave ggg like 50 grand or something crazy to get that made way back in the day when they were just starting.

I like that it never got put in the game as an enemy-- which is probably why they've never offered it again, given that apparently two people bought 'em and only the devil koalas ever got put in the game.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

sounds like it's time for you to give up all hope on ggg producing good content and just go back to playing d3 instead

This is a very reasonable suggestion.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

I like that it never got put in the game as an enemy-- which is probably why they've never offered it again, given that apparently two people bought 'em and only the devil koalas ever got put in the game.

iirc he also got like 10 friend codes to give people this item.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Farg posted:

Arc is also a very viable build with which to farm Merc Lake incredibly fast in order to build currency. You're going to want to use a Biscos most definitely, as raw currency drops or proph/fragment farming are the "best" reliable and sustainable ways to farm currency this late in a league.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
anyone have a ~650 ES 6l Vaal Regalia with 5G1B to trade? I have one that's 6B but I dont have the currency to get freakin 5g

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Jinnigan posted:

anyone have a ~650 ES 6l Vaal Regalia with 5G1B to trade? I have one that's 6B but I dont have the currency to get freakin 5g

seems like the sorta time to consider just eating the ES hit and running a skin of the loyal imo

e. especially since there's apparently only 1 5g1b regalia up right now and it's not even 6l'd or over 600 es for 3 ex

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

An atziri's splendor could also be a good idea

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

No, it was just the default tiger available on the store, I think. I just had never seen it in game.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I feel like putting a second damaging skill in your weapon swap is a relatively unexplored mechanic. I was running an Elementalist with magma orb, but I didn't really like how magma orb has a delay before it starts killing things so I bought a second, 5L Pledge of Hands for my weapon swap and put Fireball in it. Now I don't even have to swap in slow projectiles to make magma orb a boss killer, I can just leave it like that and use it only for bosses. Heck, I swapped my Inevitability jewels for Rolling Flames since the extra projectiles aren't often needed for killing bosses.
You could do the same sort of thing with Ball Lightning and some other similarly-tagged lightning skill like Spark or Arc. I don't think there are any especially potent single target Cold skills, but you could weapon swap Barrage and Tornado Shot?
I guess the main issue with this is you have to use a two-handed weapon or bow. There's very few cases where your main damage skill can be effective with three links.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Getting two decent 6links to roll weapon swaps ain't cheap. Although I guess even a 5link with single target focus would work okay for boss killing. Also bow weapon swap sucks cause your quiver swaps, too.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Most newer skills are versatile enough for swapping between crowd and single target that it's not worth maintaining the separate gear and jewels for a full swap. By the end game, you've usually got gear and passives specifically for one skill as well. There aren't a lot of cases like magma orb and fireball where they carry the exact same tags, and even then you lose out on unique jewels and enchants.

Anyway, the increased aoe from inevitability can be helpful for bosses even if the extra orbs aren't strictly necessary. Easier to double or triple hit which is a large part of magma orb's strength against single targets.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/868976208477773824

thats disgusting

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I know...not a single roll without loving poo poo-rear end disgusting avocado on it.

Hyvok
Mar 30, 2010
I noticed that I could quite easily respec (need ~twenty respec points) my 2x touch of anguish frost blades raider to an elemental spectral throw raider build. I'm actually quite happy with my frost blades raider but spectral throw looks really fun too and I would like to try it out. I would at least gain more life and a shield. Main problem is that I'd need a new weapon, one handed sword (due to crit bonus from passive tree), with big weapon range (so jewelled foil or dragoon?), as much of elemental damage as possible (type does not matter that much, but if I ever buy Vinktars then lightning would be preferred, but I don't have one yet) and also high crit and attack speed (these are apparently most important). Not a lot of selection in poe.trade with these parameters, theres some jewelled foils but they quickly run to the multiple ex range that I can't spare (my total wealth right now is like 2 ex). Is crafting a good idea in this case? Or is crafting never a good idea for specific requirements?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I mean, there is a reason 2+ aps 300+ ele dps foils are so expensive, because crafting them is a nightmare and everyone wants one. I'd just eat the cost and buy one for 1 ex, maybe try to haggle down?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

whypick1 posted:

I know...not a single roll without loving poo poo-rear end disgusting avocado on it.

Let's not bring your incorrect opinions on fruit into this thread.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Now I want som breakfast sushi. There is some merveil joke to be made, but gently caress if I can think it up.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I feel like that new Soul Tether belt could make for some really interesting hybrid builds. With the new hybrid rolls on gear I could easily see someone getting like 6k life and 4k ES; you could leech up to max life, get Ghost Reaver and have a buffer to avoid getting gibbed.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
http://poeurl.com/bkkH

Trying to put together a life burning arrow elementalist build, basically because I want to use a bow and kaom's chest. Some questions I have are:

1. How does multiple sources of conversion act? If I use Burning Arrow (50% phys to fire), and then I use Signal Fire (50% phys to fire) and Xoph's Nurture (50% phys to fire), does that mean 100% of my phys is now fire, or does it mean I still have 13.5% of my damage is left as physical?
2. Should I just use Lioneye's Glare instead of Xoph's Nurture?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

silvergoose posted:

Let's not bring your incorrect opinions on fruit into this thread.

some people just don't like berries

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

http://poeurl.com/bkkH

Trying to put together a life burning arrow elementalist build, basically because I want to use a bow and kaom's chest. Some questions I have are:

1. How does multiple sources of conversion act? If I use Burning Arrow (50% phys to fire), and then I use Signal Fire (50% phys to fire) and Xoph's Nurture (50% phys to fire), does that mean 100% of my phys is now fire, or does it mean I still have 13.5% of my damage is left as physical?
2. Should I just use Lioneye's Glare instead of Xoph's Nurture?

1. Additive, so 100% (well, 150%, but capped) fire damage.
2. Depends on if you can make your accuracy not-suck.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
What's a good baseline for not-terrible accuracy? 80%?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Pooncha posted:

What's a good baseline for not-terrible accuracy? 80%?

You'll want 90% or above.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I've had low 80's accuracy before, made me hate life. Definitely aim for >90%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Huh. I have 84% with an ice golem and while misses are noticeable I didn't think it was that bad. What are good ways to get it up? Bite the bullet and get accuracy nodes? Roll accuracy mods on items?

• Locked thread