Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The answer is Alexsander Barkov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Also Bark Savard and Mutt Cooke.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

xzzy posted:

My wife and I got a kitten recently, she's white with some black stripes. I legit spent time trying to fit a Tim Peel joke into her name but couldn't pull it off.

So I just call her "stripes."

If you're going that route you should have named her Zebra. Also Tim Peel is already a joke and works on it's own.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Stretch Marx posted:

Also Tim Peel is already a joke and works on it's own.

No animal is so terrible as to deserve that name.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

LumpyGumby posted:

Also Bark Savard and Mutt Cooke.

If it's a big stupid dog with no redeeming value you could call it Mutt Fartin

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I know this isn't pet island but here is our tripod cat Meowio Lemew.

We just call her Lemew. She's even black and goldish

I wanted to name her Hat Trick (Hattie for short) but my ex wife was set on the fact that her name shouldn't have anything to do with three legs. Which may or may not have contributed to why she is my ex wife.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/867565499097415682
lmao

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lol Ottawa is the worst

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Because we have Garrioch and a Sun Media outlet? That's a bit harsh.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_prewitt/status/867057810177236992

go PREDS

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
thank god they embraced country music else they'd not have been as good at ice hockey

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bewbies posted:

thank god they embraced country music else they'd not have been as good at ice hockey

Holy gently caress are you salty about Nashville.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think we all know what music genre makes for the worst hockey.

Jazz probably. Also St Louis sucks.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
if you can't appreciate jazz it is probably just because you aren't smart enough to

here's something more your speed:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I like stories like that which provide insight to the expansion teams which entered the league around the same time as the CBJ. The Preds have a mix of a strong on-ice product and corny antics unlike anything in the league and it's interesting to watch; it's what I'm hoping the CBJ have a chance to be as long as Jarmo/Torts/Ohio sports team curses don't gently caress it up, but there's no way we (as fans) can top Smashville even if the team gets that far.

quote:

This season there could've been animus between Rinne and his heir to the starting job, 22-year-old countryman Juuse Saros. Instead, while Rinne played at the World Cup of Hockey last fall, Saros lived at his house for two weeks during training camp."You can drive the cars," Rinne told Saros, handing over the keys. "Whatever you need."

That rules.

quote:

Give Nashville credit for creativity. Outside the arena in the hours before Game 3, fans put the smash in Smashville, paying $10 for three sledgehammer whacks at an old Chevy Malibu spray-painted with Anaheim's logo—$20 for three swings and a cowboy hat.

I can't tell whether to laugh with or at that. We did that in high school. :lol:

All they need is "CLOWN BOX" on big pieces of posterboard behind the visiting team's penalty box as the Dayton Bombers used to do and we'll have gone full corny.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Aphrodite posted:

I think we all know what music genre makes for the worst hockey.

Jazz probably. Also St Louis sucks.

Probably Christian rock, which I hear St. Louis has tons of.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think part of why most of SAS without a horse left in the race has taken to Nashville is because it's something missing in hockey once you get to the NHL level: Personality. Is it corny? Yup. Is it fun to watch? Yup.

Back in the Badger's WCHA heyday, the Kohl Center would be absolutely nuts, sellouts (and we're talking 15k+ people here), loud fans, organized chants, you name it. Watching Nashville at home reminds me of that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's about which team makes the most people mad.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It's about which team makes the most people mad.

So the trap

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Welp, I did it.

Go Perds. :toot:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: Moved uniform post to loser thread since this thread is doa tonight

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 25, 2017

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
ugh, that blue is great on those jerseys.

I like the orange though

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

Welp, I did it.

That's a big jersey. drat.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

I was thinking this morning that I didn't feel so anxious about the Sens tonight because this whole playoff run has been so unexpected and I'm an adult with responsibilities now so it's not comparable to the 2003 ECF, when expectations were so much higher, but poo poo, I'm getting tense as hell and struggling to get any work done right now. Eight hours to go!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/ErinLannan/status/867740720249147393

Seriously tho. Making it to game 7 in the ECF against the defending champs has been amazing. If we win, I will probably be so happy I won't need a drink. If we lose, I shall toast them and thank them for their success

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

This is dumb as hell:

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/867775356702511104

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'd think he'd prefer players who are good at hockey. If they want VETERAN PRESENCE in the room they can bring Alfredsson downstairs to chat with the guys.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

flakeloaf posted:

I'd think he'd prefer players who are good at hockey. If they want VETERAN PRESENCE in the room they can bring Alfredsson downstairs to chat with the guys.

Be careful. He might hear you and add Neil.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

It's like how Justin Williams never loses game sevens because of his magical powers!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Welp, I did it.

Did your X key get stuck?

Also, why wouldn't you get the mustard yellow jersey? That one owns so hard.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

agreed. mustard jersey is much better. return and exchange.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Finally, someone with a head/body ratio equivalent to Phil "Phil my body full of hot dogs" Kessel.

Verman fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 25, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

CBJSprague24 posted:

I like stories like that which provide insight to the expansion teams which entered the league around the same time as the CBJ. The Preds have a mix of a strong on-ice product and corny antics unlike anything in the league and it's interesting to watch; it's what I'm hoping the CBJ have a chance to be as long as Jarmo/Torts/Ohio sports team curses don't gently caress it up, but there's no way we (as fans) can top Smashville even if the team gets that far.

That rules.

I can't tell whether to laugh with or at that. We did that in high school. :lol:

All they need is "CLOWN BOX" on big pieces of posterboard behind the visiting team's penalty box as the Dayton Bombers used to do and we'll have gone full corny.

I would pay for this and I'm not even a preds fan

Verman posted:

Finally, someone with a head/body ratio equivalent to Phil "Phil my body full of hot dogs" Kessel.

Consistent personality too

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It's Matt Murray's birthday today.

I hope he celebrates in the same fashion that Craig Anderson does!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

bewbies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2GVcjXXI8&t=9s

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
If the Pens win I'm obviously going to have to support them in the final because I will not see the cup tarnished by the confederacy but I'll be goddamned if I can put up with a whole lot more of this phil kessel obsession you people have

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
*a single tear rolls down my cheek and past my swastika and st louis cardinals logo neck tattoos* gently caress the the predators. confederate hockey.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
yes, obviously you should support the bastion of racial equality that is pittsburgh instead.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

ijzer posted:

yes, obviously you should support the bastion of racial equality that is pittsburgh instead.

Oh good. This always goes to terrific places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

bewbies posted:

If the Pens win I'm obviously going to have to support them in the final because I will not see the cup tarnished by the confederacy but I'll be goddamned if I can put up with a whole lot more of this phil kessel obsession you people have
Someone is really sore about losing to the Predators.

• Locked thread