Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i was there yesterday to stock up so ill get you photos tomorrrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

These are both good ideas. I'm also willing to use my power as Secretary of Liquor to buy 2 bottles of our alcohol-of-the-month, Rittenhouse Rye, for any contest-related purposes. Although, due to some state/country liquor shipping reasons and age-verification issues... this idea might be reduced to me simply venmo'ing out money for people to buy alcohol (which any winner will likely instead use the money for stuff like anime tiddies).

Ah yes, I have something perfect in mind for that, [Bob Pageishly] we will have to confer with the Secretary of Interior on this matter.

*shuffles papers capital p presidental-like*

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

2DCAT posted:

Send me a picture of the whiskey and gin sections of your local liquor store.

hendricks! june is a gin month!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

M_Gargantua posted:

hendricks! june is a gin month!

best gin for a g&t i ever had

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

best gin for a g&t i ever had

oh now i have to have it:discourse:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
hendricks tastes overly of cucumber and it's impossible for me to get past that.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

hendricks tastes overly of cucumber and it's impossible for me to get past that.

hmm, what's a gin fave of yours?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

hmm, what's a gin fave of yours?

depends on what i'm using it for, but i'm a huge fan of jensen's old tom gin ($27) in cocktails and for drinking on its own, filliers dry 28 barrel aged gin ($35) and ferdinand's saar gin ($55)

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

2DCAT posted:

i would have to waste time eating cucumbers to know what they taste like

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

depends on what i'm using it for, but i'm a huge fan of jensen's old tom gin ($27) in cocktails and for drinking on its own, filliers dry 28 barrel aged gin ($35) and ferdinand's saar gin ($55)

i'm a drunk, so in the interest of frugality, i'll try jensen's

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
jensen's and hendrick's are on ma' list fo' summa'

many thanks, thread!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i would have to waste time eating cucumbers to know what they taste like

plants. and water.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

plants. and water.

my digestive system is weak due to untreated condition and cucumbers have less nutritional value than the salt sprinkled on them to make them palatable, i literally cannot afford to waste my time eating them

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

my digestive system is weak due to untreated condition and cucumbers have less nutritional value than the salt sprinkled on them to make them palatable, i literally cannot afford to waste my time eating them

you oughtta treat that condition then, beloved friend

have i shared with you the good news? it is called medicaid, and please for god's sake, lie when you apply for it

i mean this from the bottom of ma' heart, as i do not need ya' dyin' on me

stick with us, fo' we will miss you if you missin'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the motto of C-SPAM rendered in the English is "nothing matters" I'd like to offer a latin version: "omnia sine ratione appareant"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ultima ratio rayguns

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That doesn't seem like an honest translation, because 'nothing matters' communicates a lack of meaning or significance, not necessarily reason

maybe 'nil significantum' or 'nil significantae erunt'? That's what I got after about 10 minutes of google, but I don't know anything about latin and it seems like a dumb language tbh

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
word genders and inflections instead of word order seem like bad design decisions for languages, and latin has both

brb gonna file a bug report

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tbh we already have a latin word for nothingmattersism and it is nihilism

so we need a latin motto that means "make the tweet you old bitch"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

the motto of C-SPAM rendered in the English is "nothing matters" I'd like to offer a latin version: "omnia sine ratione appareant"

All in favor of this being the official seal of the C-SPAM office from this point on once the :goonsay: over latin is out of the way

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I vote for the first word to be removed, "without any apparent reason" sounds great, I'm not on board with all. "All" can go take a flying gently caress @ the moon IMO

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lastgirl posted:

All in favor of this being the official seal of the C-SPAM office from this point on once the :goonsay: over latin is out of the way

AYE

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
I dreamt last night
the fright was over, that
the dust came, and then water,
and women and men, together
again, and all was quiet
in the dim moon’s light.

A paean of such patience—
laughing, laughing at me,
and the days extend over
the earth’s great cover,
grass, trees, and flower-
ing season, for no clear reason.

~~~~~robert creely

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

I dreamt last night
the fright was over, that
the dust came, and then water,
and women and men, together
again, and all was quiet
in the dim moon’s light.

A paean of such patience—
laughing, laughing at me,
and the days extend over
the earth’s great cover,
grass, trees, and flower-
ing season, for no clear reason.

~~~~~robert creely

god heard laughing in the distance, heard quietly in the breeze, saying just below the beating of the heart, and the rushing of blood

"just lol if man thinks that, just lol"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
l'homme propose, dieu dispose

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

you oughtta treat that condition then, beloved friend

have i shared with you the good news? it is called medicaid, and please for god's sake, lie when you apply for it

i mean this from the bottom of ma' heart, as i do not need ya' dyin' on me

stick with us, fo' we will miss you if you missin'

dieu est mort aujourdhui

ou peut etre hier je ne sais pas

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dieu est mort aujourdhui

ou peut etre hier je ne sais pas

as long as love lives, something bigga' than us does too

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Aye!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

I vote for the first word to be removed, "without any apparent reason" sounds great, I'm not on board with all. "All" can go take a flying gently caress @ the moon IMO

:hai: Let's just pressure hypernormalize wash that bit and go with Without Apparent Reason but in Latinese

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

better recruit those two latin dudes in the thread, they know how do grammar

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

better recruit those two latin dudes in the thread, they know how do grammar

gently caress prescriptivism and mike pence the horse they rode in on :colbert:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

:hai: Let's just pressure hypernormalize wash that bit and go with Without Apparent Reason but in Latinese

:hai:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

also watching the young pope and wow the first 5 minutes of that show there is alot of pope butt

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

gently caress prescriptivism and mike philip pence the horse they rode in on :colbert:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

also watching the young pope and wow the first 5 minutes of that show there is alot of pope butt

yes

and i enjoyed every single delicious minute

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

tomft no fukken way :vince:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

tomft no fukken way :vince:

hahaha i looked it up and his middle name is dick which is just about as :perfect:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hahaha i looked it up and his middle name is dick which is just about as :perfect:

tricky dicky! :lol:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

you talkin bout veep phileep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you talkin bout veep phileep?

sure suga

but, what i want to know now, is how good you feel now? tell me, what is it like to chase a dragon, because you are the dragon, and you're what i'm chasin'

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 08:16 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread