Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rangpur posted:

Is there a list of which song comes with which theme? That is, not the names of the songs but when those songs play? Poetic names are lovely but I have no idea what some of them are referring to.
I think Joker's has an instrumental Beneath The Mask
Ryuji, Goro and I thiiiink Haru have the title theme
Yusuke has daytime town theme
I assume the Velvet Room theme has the Velvet Room theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Moltrey posted:

Makato also has Beneath the Mask.

By the way, what the track that plays when a party member get their second persona?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Alder posted:

I wish more SMT merch were available overseas w/o extreme markups and importing fees.

Seriously. $50+ for a 4 inch Jack Frost. That's entirely too much money

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Len posted:

Seriously. $50+ for a 4 inch Jack Frost. That's entirely too much money

It's me the $70 Mona plush.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Rirse posted:

Makato also has Beneath the Mask.

By the way, what the track that plays when a party member get their second persona?

Swear to My Bones. It's good

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alder posted:

It's me the $70 Mona plush.

I just want to give Atlus money for physical things I don't need but they're asking for too much :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason golden had free costumes was because it was a rerelease.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Well I just now hung out with her normally and it gave me the prompt that her link will advance soon. Weird

Thanks though!

Some links have a specific rank that require you to hang out before you get the next rank, even if you pump all the Fortune readings into them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm really digging how things are happening on Christmas Eve.

Just Joker rolling up to his crew giving them a peptalk and getting everyone ready to murder a god. Reminds me of the end of Gurren Lagann when everyone breaks out of the dream to beat the poo poo out of the biggest giant robot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Morgana also has the daytime town theme.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Len posted:

I'm really digging how things are happening on Christmas Eve.

Just Joker rolling up to his crew giving them a peptalk and getting everyone ready to murder a god. Reminds me of the end of Gurren Lagann when everyone breaks out of the dream to beat the poo poo out of the biggest giant robot.

That scene's very good. Cool to have the whole gang visit the Velvet Room and break out of prison together.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That scene's very good. Cool to have the whole gang visit the Velvet Room and break out of prison together.

I'm still not sure why the game had to expand to a world ruining crisis at the end (other than it's a megaten game) but that scene justified it imo

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I kept looking for Akechi there. Please love Akechi-kun.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Endorph posted:

the reason golden had free costumes was because it was a rerelease.

Well if Persona 5 The Crimson comes with all the costumes in it, I'll get to enjoy them then. Otherwise I'll have to live without them :)

Can we all find some common ground and agree that the DLC Personas are incredibly stupid, though

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
(very endgame)

Alder posted:

Don't date a dead boy. Date a perfectly good living boy instead, like Yusuke.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

(very endgame)Don't date a dead boy. Date a perfectly good living boy instead, like Yusuke.

I can't.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Not with that attitude, you can't

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

(very endgame)

Don't date a dead boy. Date a perfectly good living boy instead, like Yusuke.

We only want what we can never have.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm finding this game to be the "Witcher 3" for jrpgs. It's so stylish and dripping with creativity and thought it's making it hard to play other games, even Persona 4G.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

chaosapiant posted:

I'm finding this game to be the "Witcher 3" for jrpgs. It's so stylish and dripping with creativity and thought it's making it hard to play other games, even Persona 4G.

Combat is significantly less clunky.

I finished it this morning then immediately restarted on the easiest difficulty. I just wanna see the confidant stuff again. No need to make it longer than it needs to be

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oy. The 7th palace is brutal. Just making your way through the drat thing takes forever, and then you hit the 4 sub-bosses-in-a-row encounter. I burned my Soma in the last part, and regret nothing, because there's no way I want to repeat that sequence. Even switching between Trumpeter and Thor, it got pretty hairy towards the end. Max rank Futaba and Haru get MVP for how often they saved my rear end.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, I just got past the November plot twist, and I'm wondering if I'm on track to be able to max all confidants. The only ones I have left are:
Tower - Rank 9
Priestess - Rank 8
Emperor - Rank 9
Hanged - Rank 7
Empress - Rank 1
Whatever new ones pop up after this point?

I was able to max my last stat the day before the twist. :v:

Also, I'm going for harem mode (as is customary on a first playthrough), and I was wondering if there are any super heartbreaking scenes like the one Valentine's Day scene with Naoto in P4.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Wtf is this poo poo. Don't make fun of my good friend like that

AlternateNu posted:

So, I just got past the November plot twist, and I'm wondering if I'm on track to be able to max all confidants. The only ones I have left are:
Tower - Rank 9
Priestess - Rank 8
Emperor - Rank 9
Hanged - Rank 7
Empress - Rank 1

Also, I'm going for harem mode (as is customary on a first playthrough), and I was wondering if there are any super heartbreaking scenes like the one Valentine's Day scene with Naoto in P4.

I think there's no new confidants now. There's no heartbreaking scenes (IMHO) but there is a unique scene.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

AlternateNu posted:

Tower - Rank 9
Priestess - Rank 8
Emperor - Rank 9
Hanged - Rank 7
Empress - Rank 1

It's gonna be by the skin of your teeth. They're mostly daytime and I believe Hanged Man has a mementos request still.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Alder posted:

I wanted Akechi there so he and MC could stare at each other. Then Akechi, having previously bared his heart to Akira, attempts to talk and reconcile.

Then Akira leaves him there to die.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

AlternateNu posted:

Tower - Rank 9
Priestess - Rank 8
Emperor - Rank 9
Hanged - Rank 7
Empress - Rank 1

Helpfully, Empress levels up extremely quickly, like Mitsuru from P3. You could conceivably do it, but it'll be close..

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Tower - Rank 9
Priestess - Rank 8
Emperor - Rank 9
Hanged - Rank 7
Empress - Rank 1

I think you should be fine. That looks like where I was when I started December. I think the only one you'll need Fortune to boost is Hanged Man. Empress gives you a ton of bonus notes probably because she joins so late.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NachtSieger posted:

I wanted Akechi there so he and MC could stare at each other. Then Akechi, having previously bared his heart to Akira, attempts to talk and reconcile.

Then Akira leaves him there to die.

No. We all know Akechi won top character in the popularity poll so that means he gets a True Ending in the remake. It'll include actual SL events where we go to various cute/stylish restaurants together and biking on holidays. Basically, Akechi is our BF and we support him going to therapy/medical treatment.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

gently caress that. Dudes a Tool from day 1.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the kid who had a horrible upbringing, was alone his entire life with literally no one who loved him and was given a extremely powerful ability at age 14 by a cruel god is good actually, fuckers

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 26, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hopefully he just gets cut from the re release and someone interesting takes his place.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Oh god you made Haru into Dan from Xenogears.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Len posted:

gently caress that. Dudes a Tool from day 1.

No, Akechi was dealt a bad hand and partially redeemed before the writers ran out of ideas.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Moltrey posted:

the kid who had a horrible upbringing, was alone his entire life with literally no one who loved him and was given a extremely powerful ability at age 14 by a cruel god is good actually, fuckers

Was that when he got it? Because he's apparently 17 in the game and his first reaction is murder.

Gonna go ahead and call him a baddie.

Edit: Making me fight three different boss fights before sacrificing himself is redemption? I interpreted it as him knowing he was gonna die one way or the other and wouldn't let me get the final blow. Only the great Goro Akechi was good enough to take down Goro Akechi.

It doesn't matter how poo poo your life is murder is pretty frowned on.

Len fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 26, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Alder posted:

No, Akechi was dealt a bad hand and partially redeemed before the writers ran out of ideas.

no

He was in no way 'partially redeemed'. His last act is to commit suicide by cop rather than accept help from the party after he ambushes and tries to murder them.

He doesn't even do anything to help them take out Shido

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Yeah I agree, but he's still a tool.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Len posted:

Was that when he got it? Because he's apparently 17 in the game and his first reaction is murder.

Gonna go ahead and call him a baddie.

I posted quite a few paragraphs wrt Akechi's sad life in the spoilers thread :effort:

Odds were always against him along w/evil god who hates humans who pit him against humanity's hope for entertainment. Akechi didn't start out this way and the parallels w/Joker could've been more developed but the remake is on it's way.

Zore posted:

no

He was in no way 'partially redeemed'. His last act is to commit suicide by cop rather than accept help from the party after he ambushes and tries to murder them.

He's not dead? Akechi is in no way in a stable mental state to take down Shido even if he re-joined the party. I can see him rejoining but not so he can take down the final boss. I hated the gate moment too because it was dumb along w/his final confident comments.

Alder fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 26, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

no

Well he is "dead", that kinda makes it difficult. He's not redeemed or anything but he forces the gang to escape and that combined with the conversation beforehand makes it pretty clear the guy realised he was wrong and the Phantom Thieves are the heroes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Akechi is that kid who has a lovely life and shoots up a school. Only substitute shooting with murdering people's hearts and a school with whoever his daddy doesn't like.

I hope they do the same thing they did with Adachi and give him a more robust s. link so I can hate him more