Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
I try to have my family eat at 6, kids are usually asleep by 8:30. Most HKers are amazed by this.

Also Pick WTF is that red thing in the hair of all your avatars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Stringent posted:

Christmas comes early for Fojar

quote:

And the money is increasingly flowing through opaque channels that operate outside the regulated banking system
lol nice euphemism

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I do not understand how Chinese people stand going to any tourist stop or large event or neighbourhood pool when you literally cannot see a single thing past the crowd of people surrounding you.
Dragon Bort Festival is coming, and guess what everyone I know wants to do? All go to Hong Kong on the same day, or go to some mountain that everyone else wants to go to at the same time. They get upset when I ask why not do it at a time with less people, like I am asking them to not have any holiday at all. Then comes the whining "OMG, SO MANY PPL" when they do go.

EDIT: National day, Oct. 1st, 2016. "Lettuce go to the great wall!"

CIGNX posted:

This dude coined the term "Thucydides Trap," which is suppose to describe the situation where fear of a emerging new power will cause current dominant powers to go to war with said new emerging power.
So this basically translates into "U R SO JEALOUS OF OUR KEWL NEW COUNTRY AND OUR AWESUMNESS!" ??

Grand Fromage posted:

There is that dumb number dickwaving but every Chinese person I've ever had a population conversation with thinks it's lovely that China has so many people and wishes it had half as many, I don't think they'd actually care about this one.
The honest-to-God best time I have had so far this period in China was during Spring Festival when like 3/4ths of the city disappeared overnight. Being on the sidewalk or outside was akin to being in any large US or European city on an average day. Calm, manageable, and quiet. China would seriously own if there were less people.

Riptor posted:

Haier you should call your place the plungin' dungeon
I keep my room bright and colorful. I also have no whips. There was a girl that tried to make me choke her, but it was in her own home, and I refused to do it.

Haier fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 25, 2017

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo were on our way to HK right now, wonder how crazy it's gonna be

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The Great Autismo! posted:

From what I have been told, to make up for the festival most people are working on Saturday, but from Saturday night until Tuesday night the locusts will descend bigly.

EDIT: MILK POWDER MAD DASH

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

going to hk for the dragon boat festival is actually a fun and good idea though because there's an actual activity to attend

going to any other tourist attraction on a holiday is dumb

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
China needs more hipsters that doing things that are popular.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Haier posted:

Dragon Bort Festival is coming, and guess what everyone I know wants to do? All go to Hong Kong on the same day, or go to some mountain that everyone else wants to go to at the same time. They get upset when I ask why not do it at a time with less people, like I am asking them to not have any holiday at all. Then comes the whining "OMG, SO MANY PPL" when they do go.

EDIT: National day, Oct. 1st, 2016. "Lettuce go to the great wall!"

ugggggggggggggggggggGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

The Great Autismo! posted:

You really are fine because you won't be shopping or going to all those touristy areas.

Man I'm in the shenzhen metro and it's really bad.

Lots of security theatre, making me drink my water in front of the guard but none of them really care about security.

I also saw a guard hassling a young married couple and made them take their sleeping baby out of the stroller. What the loving gently caress, you think it's the Vietnam war or something where people hide bombs and poo poo?

gently caress this poo poo

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
And the garbage bins are inconsistently placed. Some are recyclables some aren't and are randomly placed along the station.

Why not have recyclables next to non recyclables?

I don't get it shenzhen and for being such a new city with all these new metro lines your line transfers and long term station planning is bad.

Sure it's cool china that all your cities have a new metro like every year but for Christ's sakes have better planning

gently caress you bad planning and go take a loving gently caress dump ccp

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Oh and since stringent have fojar and early Christmas present then here's mine:

One belt one road can eat a dick and China should

Nah I can't sorry go on but BARF is a stupid idea

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

LentThem posted:

Related to the above, every slogan or soundbite in China must be exactly 4 words
One belt, one road
One world, one dream
Better city, better life
Very yellow, very violent

To borrow a phrase from another thread:

Big nipples, big life

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

caberham posted:

And the garbage bins are inconsistently placed. Some are recyclables some aren't and are randomly placed along the station.

Why not have recyclables next to non recyclables?

I don't get it shenzhen and for being such a new city with all these new metro lines your line transfers and long term station planning is bad.

Sure it's cool china that all your cities have a new metro like every year but for Christ's sakes have better planning

gently caress you bad planning and go take a loving gently caress dump ccp
Uhhh, do u know the trash cleaner ppl take the recyclables out of the trash by hand, because they get to keep them and it's a bonus tip to their pay?

I'm serious. Just toss it in the rubbish. Someone will be by soon to take it home.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTWf_rWhhWF/?taken-by=marincrops

I'm pretty sure these are still made in China.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTWf_rWhhWF/?taken-by=marincrops

I'm pretty sure these are still made in China.

Average Marine wouldn't notice the spelling mistake.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Haier posted:

Uhhh, do u know the trash cleaner ppl take the recyclables out of the trash by hand, because they get to keep them and it's a bonus tip to their pay?

I'm serious. Just toss it in the rubbish. Someone will be by soon to take it home.

I rather put it on the edge of the bin or next to the bin like I normally do.

Or the trash cleaners can empty the recycling bin for side money, I won't mind

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

caberham posted:

I rather put it on the edge of the bin or next to the bin like I normally do.

Or the trash cleaners can empty the recycling bin for side money, I won't mind
LOL if you think the average Mainlander even knows what recycling is or which things go in there. Every divided trash bin in the city is full of everything. The city trash people sort all trash by hand regardless, and whatever they don't get to fast enough will be taken by old people.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Average Marine wouldn't notice the spelling mistake.
That Instagram account is great.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

recycling trash cans are dumb, sort it out at the plant

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

LOL if you think the average Mainlander even knows what recycling is or which things go in there. Every divided trash bin in the city is full of everything. The city trash people sort all trash by hand regardless, and whatever they don't get to fast enough will be taken by old people.

That Instagram account is great.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUPV0yHhPfm/?taken-by=marincrops

I legit would buy this.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-25/ansell-condoms-sold-to-china/8557648

:dong:

I hope the quality doesn't go to poo poo, but I'm not holding my breath.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xerxes17 posted:

They are going to be the thinnest condoms regardless of what you buy.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
i'm going to be... sledgehammer

https://my.mixtape.moe/vtsclq.mp4

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Xerxes17 posted:

If they are made in Malaysia/Thailand, and still made in Malaysia/Thailand later, it should be fine. If they make them in China... LOL. Jissbon are expensive, so this might bring down the cost.

They can start charging tons of money for them in China like they for Durex. Chinese are always confused why I don't buy American/Japanese brands and I can't break it to them that rarely is it ever worth the expensive brands. Donless are made in Malaysia, so that's fine by me.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

big time bisexual posted:

i'm going to be... sledgehammer

I'm the customer sitting nonchalantly in a chair while Crazy Sledgehammer Woman waits for me to get out of the way so she can continue destroying poo poo.

Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a real, full-sized, honkin' sledgehammer like that in China so A+ for effort/premeditation in tracking that thing down.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jissbon is my favorite brand name in the world.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

I think I've seen this one a couple of years ago, or is that another video of the same thing happening again?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

Jissbon is my favorite brand name in the world.
Google tells me that they are named after James Bond... Jissbon.... James in Mandarin is Zhanmushi, so jiss...

JaucheCharly posted:

I think I've seen this one a couple of years ago, or is that another video of the same thing happening again?
In a country where history is covered up or lied about, history is then doomed to repeat itself. Right? Maybe it's like copycat killers or people seeing news reports about X, and then soon after X happens again because it gave them the idea. Maybe someone else was the inspiration for this.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Haier posted:

Lmao this reminded me.

So in Brooklyn, we have super anal retentive trashmen. And if your garbage isn't sorted in a very specific way, they won't take it and you'll eat a $50 fine. Cue a middle aged Chinese woman smiling at me and gesturing at the recycling. I tell her not to root around in there and she smiles and nods sagely before tearing into it when I'm not around. I get the fine.

I yelled at her, drat near top lungs next time I saw her rooting around. She didn't even get phased. The only thing that's worked is when I walked my dog and she happened to be digging for gold. She scooted off like I was going to maul her but not before eyeballing me and spitting.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Spray super hot pepper sauce in and around your rubbish.

Works on all sorts of pests.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

She wears an elaborate suit of gardeners gloves and detachable forearm sleeves of an indeterminate make.

She deals with NYC trash. I could rim my trash can with poo poo like a Vietnam war era pungi pit and she wouldn't be phased.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Get some ghosts. Tell her the trash is haunted.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rig up a mechanism that'll throw a pie in her face like the Three Stooges. Will cause face loss and she will leave.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Write a giant number 4 on your bin. Or just start putting it on random items you throw out.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hire a dark skinned person of some sort to hang out nearby.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Just get her arrested.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Haier posted:

Well the hand sorters sifting through garbage sure know what recycling is, because their livelihoods depend on it :jerkbag:

Just because other people do it doesn't mean you should. Whether it's people making money off trash or sorting trash for a living, I don't see a problem in making their jobs easier. Unfortunately Cities across China could definitely have a better recycling program. The bins are badly designed, there's no recycling program for homes and businesses, and then you have a few bad actors of who assume the worst of other people and don't follow the rules. It's a vicious cycle causing people to care less about the environment.

Average Mainlander? After working and traveling across the country, nothing is really an average anymore. Besides the squat toilet I guess :downsrim:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Steakandchips posted:

Just get her arrested.

Lol at this suggestion. "Dear police, a woman is in my garbage."

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Glenn Quebec posted:

She's tampering with garbage, you'd be surprised at what is an offence.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Glenn Quebec posted:

I mean, if you get fined because of her actions, surely you could get a restraining order or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

The time and effort to go through the NYPD on something like this would be worse than the $50 I lost on a fine.

When I got my iPod (lol) stolen 10 years ago they were like, "wow that sucks." And that cost me much more than this fine.

• Locked thread