Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Uh I think you guys are forgetting, as always, that Ben Carson is an expert on the brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
8 page catchup and holy poo poo. I was waiting for someone to end up with a redtext title defending the mountainous nature of Arkansas, in this, the best of all possible worlds.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

If friend Ben is such a great neurosurgeon why can't he remove poverty from minds?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

If friend Ben is such a great neurosurgeon why can't he remove poverty from minds?

He tried, but lobotomies are frowned upon in modern medicine.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

This isn't entirely wrong. Poverty is often reinforced by habits that are the result of being in poverty in the first place. This includes normalizing living paycheck-to-paycheck, spending a windfall as soon as you get it, etc.

That's not to say being in poverty is one's fault, I per se.

Poor people live paycheck to paycheck because they literally do not have enough money to afford the things they need to live, they spend windfalls when they get them because there are a lot of things they need because they're poor!
E: being poor is fundamentally about how much you earn, not about how much you spend. Even if poor people stopped doing the things you claim reinforce poverty, they'd still be poor.

rscott fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 25, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

Poor people live paycheck to paycheck because they literally do not have enough money to afford the things they need to live, they spend windfalls when they get them because there are a lot of things they need because they're poor!

Yes, I agree! I'm not arguing otherwise.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

This might've been posted before, but I just love that little finger wiggling action that's going on here. :buddy:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

THE BAR posted:

This might've been posted before, but I just love that little finger wiggling action that's going on here. :buddy:

My first instinct is to think this is faked, but I just can't be sure anymore.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

THE BAR posted:

Holy poo poo this is hilarious. I love both their faces.

In any sane universe I'd be sure it's some kind of really good fake but please please PLEASE tell me this is actually real.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Secret aluminiatum chemshake

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

There Bias Two posted:

yeah that's me too

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

THE BAR posted:

What the gently caress was Trump even up to there?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Yes, I agree! I'm not arguing otherwise.

If you agree why would you say that poor people's spending habits contribute to their state of poverty?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ornedan posted:

What the gently caress was Trump even up to there?

look at the cuffs. i think someone may have edited this video

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

7 advertisers have dropped Hannity so far.

i am taking the bold stance that he will not return from this vacation

quite bold of me

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Dunno, the way his sleeve is out on the zoomed in part is odd, but I just saw it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AQler0Dq0

E:

Then again, how do you fake those tiny hands?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

i am taking the bold stance that he will not return from this vacation

quite bold of me

So, he's gonna get Vince Foster'd?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

THE BAR posted:

Table behind the closeup.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

THE BAR posted:

Dunno, the way his sleeve is out on the zoomed in part is odd, but I just saw it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AQler0Dq0

Noted news agency "The Viral Toast". Ah yes, I believe they've won a few Pulitzers for their Darfur reportage

e: turns out if you slap an MSM chyron on to literally anything, about half the population will turn their critical functions off and accept what they see unquestioningly

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Noted news agency "The Viral Toast". Ah yes, I believe they've won a few Pulitzers for their Darfur reportage

They're doing God's work.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

So, he's gonna get Vince Foster'd?

HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Table behind the closeup.

creases in our pontif's robes too

holy poo poo this may be real. i feel like i'm looking at one of those 'highlight's' magazine 'find the difference' games, but for political dumpster fires

edit probably not real but lol anyway, because in what universe would anyone consider this real other than here and now

skylined! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 25, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

no as in this is fake, I think.

Broad shot: people against a white wall, there is a coat hangar or something behind them.

Close shot: people are in front of a wide table with a phone or a book in the center, there is clearly no wall.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/867716082404032512

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/inglesi/status/867711406178750464
https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/867709667610374145
https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/status/867716497489227776

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/867719017217355777

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 25, 2017

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Is it too late to commission a Macho Man robocall for Montana?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

ya just over six years late my man

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The more I watch that Pope-slap the more real I think it is. The robe on the close-up Pope looks exactly the same, and the table with the statue on it is behind them in both shots.

Or it's really well faked, which is probably the actual answer because I can't imagine that only we have found this gem. Would've been all over the news if it was real.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Randy Poffo is dead but his spirit lives on. :patriot:

In the worst vessel possible.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

quote:

Top White House officials tell me the key to forcing a more disciplined President Trump is limiting his screen time. In Trump's case, it's curtailing his time watching TV...

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I shouldn't, but I'm going to really enjoy world leaders dunking on Trump in handshake form.

I feel like the 2020 election is going to bring a new age for American diplomacy if properly embraced in the most humble loving manner possible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rscott posted:

If you agree why would you say that poor people's spending habits contribute to their state of poverty?

Because financial literacy is an important factor in the retention of poverty across generations. There's a definite skillset involved in knowing how to manage money effectively, and many people in poverty lack that basic knowledge through no fault of their own. For many people, even if they are fortunate enough to gain access to increased wealth, it often doesn't lead to an increased quality of life because they literally don't know how to handle it.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Its all real and horrifying

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
David Frum was mentioned yesterday, and while he's quite the shithead, he's become an equal-opportunity one, and he is wonderfully snarky nowadays.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/867718496150540288

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I just can't wait to see what accolades the next president receives just for not being Mousseolini here. I mean Obama got the Nobel Goddamn Peace Prize for not being GWB, and this is far worse.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Arkansas is the southern state with probably the smallest number of plantations and the smallest african american population.

Also parts of it are as much midwest as they are south.

A bit late, but I can say, being born and raised there, that I don't think anyone in AR would consider it to be an Eastern state.

We usually referred to it as Mid-South.

But, U of A is in the SEC, so maybe that counts.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Majorian posted:

When people talk about "existential threats" in this context, though, they usually mean something closer to the former than the latter. By the latter definition, 9/11 was an existential threat, since it hosed our country's brain and changed a lot of stuff going forward. But it never had a chance of wiping out all or most life in the U.S., it didn't make it any more likely that another power would conquer us, it couldn't have seriously diminished our military or economic strength (at least directly), etc. The same would be true of a North Korean nuclear strike. It would suck, harder than probably anything the U.S. has ever experienced on its own soil, but the country would survive, for the most part.

It sounds like you're saying North Korea isn't much of a threat because they can only hurt a huge amount of people rather than all people. Did I read you wrong?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The world has learned the ways of the Trump Handshake, and now come prepared.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Withnail posted:

Its all real and horrifying

Needs the guy in the gimp suit from American Horror Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ahahaha oh gently caress trump's face there. So good

• Locked thread