Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Losing counterattack power actually seems like a good thing, since you don't clear out space for someone else to run up and wreck your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Selena, my darling! I have a gift for you.
Hm? For me?
Ta-da! It's a bracelet!
Laslow! Is that...?
Indeed it is. I've been keeping it somewhere safe, and I thought it was time I gave it to you.
But...why are you giving this to me now?
Why do you think I am?
I'm the one asking the questions here! Now spill.
Fine, fine. You're no fun! I decided to give it to you because...well... It's a symbol of our everlasting friendship!
Because we've been through so much... I thought it would be nice for you to have a keepsake like this. It's to remind you that I'll always be here for you.
Yeah, yeah, I get it. You want to be by my side forever.
Yes. That's right.
So...everlasting friendship, huh? Did you give something to Odin too, then? Or...is there something else you'd like to say?
Something else? Like what?
Do you really have to be so thickheaded?
I'm sorry! I was just kidding!
Kidding?!
I do have something else to say to you. I love you. And this bracelet is a token of my love. And to answer your other question, no, I did not give anything to Odin.
Go on.
Please, Selena... Will you marry me?
Finally! There it is! Took you long enough.
So, um... Do you have an answer for me?
Oh. Right. I guess it's my turn. I mean, we've known each other so long...
Do I really need to say it?
Yes. You do.
Come on! Don't be cruel. You know how I feel.
Haha, so then say it already!
... OK.
Um...look, Laslow. I really like you. A lot.
Mhm... That's a start, though this might be a longer engagement than I anticipated.
Ugh, fine. Look, I love you! I love you, Laslow...
Splendid! And will you share your life with me?
Yes! But if you mess this up, I will end you. Understand?
Understood. I am yours forever, my love.
So...you know this means you can't be with anyone else, right?

*Laslow leaves*

Laslow?
Oh.
Just kidding! Of course I know that! I promise to devote myself to your happiness from here on out.
You better! Oh, and I'll do the same.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah yes, it seems we're about to do one of the more interesting maps in the game, with the lovely theme of "What are your thoughts on chokepoints?".

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Apparently this S-rank conversation is supposed to be a continuation of their support in Awakening, and the bracelet is the ring he tried to give her in their A-rank conversation.

Edit: Apparently, it was always a bracelet in Japan, but for Awakening it was changed to a ring.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 21, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's archived in the Awakening LP

A
B
C

That's because I was getting... THIS! It's a present! ...Come on, open it! Come on, come on, come ooon!
You got me a... present?
I sure did! You never seemed to believe me when I said you looked good. So I thought this ring might help you feel more...I dunno. Pretty?

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
[quote="Glazius" post="472571964"]
Losing counterattack power actually seems like a good thing, since you don't clear out space for someone else to run up and wreck your face.

This. Also, while I prefer Selena with Odin Dark, this support is pretty damned cute

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The really cute one is the awakening conversation where it turns out that the real reason she doesn't want Owain to see it is that she has named her sword after him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't actually plan for the paralogues to match up with the story chapters.

If your Awakening fanfiction had a genderbent Inigo, congratulations!

Nice work! We chased off those bandits. Did you see 'em run?!
Yipe, yipe, yipe! Tails between their legs?! Dirty dogs. And who's the best town watch in this or any other world? Us! That's who!
Wait up. What was that about yipe, yipe, yipe?
Hmm? Back for more, eh?
We didn't run. We were just calling some friends to this little party.
Uh, what?

*Enemies surround Soleil and her troops*

Come on! Turn that frown upside down. Know what you have then? A smile! That's what my father taught me. If you can't smile? Stand on your head! That'll turn your frown upside—
Heh! What a crock. Let's see if you're still smiling once my friends get the best of you.
Men, ATTACK!

*Bandits close in*

*Meanwhile*

That's fine by me. One night off from coming to the rescue? Perfect. Maybe we can get a little rest and relaxation while we're here...
Hey! Listen up. trouble's brewing. The town watch chased off some bandits. But they returned with friends. And more are coming. This town's about to be sacked.

Silas, I want to punch you and you haven't done anything.

What? Then we've got to get in there and help!
Yes, let's. The town watch is in way over their heads. Though it's said they have a skilled mercenary leading them. She's also got the happiest band of me I've ever seen—they're all smiles!
Hmm? I wonder who she is? All smiles, you say?
Uh-oh. It can't be...Soleil?

...Man, that's a stretch to expect that when she can literally hop between dimensions.

Oh goddamnit of course.

I can't believe she'd dare come to such a dread place as this.
You don't know my daughter. She doesn’t get the chills easily.
What?! Soleil is your daughter? But isn't your child off in her Deeprealm?

That only works half the time

Takes it after her mother.

She's gathered a band of do-gooders around her. She's just like that. But Soleil and her men shouldn't be here. These bandits mean business.

*Laslow runs off*

Wait, Laslow! Are you sure that this Soleil is your daughter? We can't just run in—it could be some sort of trap!

So the team starts off split in two, as Soleil and her group are stationed in the center of the city. The difficulty of this map is entirely based on the reward you get for keeping the four lancers alive.

Bench 3, last call for Beruka: http://www.strawpoll.me/13021996

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

Bench 3, last call for Beruka: http://www.strawpoll.me/13021996

Poll's currently only letting me pick one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, it's one because the selections are thin at this point.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Okay, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was an intentional "pick one, lowest three are out" or it was meant to be "pick three" and accidentally got setup as "pick one" instead.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
This seems like a good map for flying units... if only so they can act as a taxi service.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's such a shame to see people benching Beruka. In my game she wound up a Camilla++ with the best defense of anyone on the team including Xander and the knights.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Bruceski posted:

It's such a shame to see people benching Beruka. In my game she wound up a Camilla++ with the best defense of anyone on the team including Xander and the knights.

Well, apparently she isn't performing up to expectations in Tae's run. That said, I am not one of the people who voted to ditch her; in fact, I'm rooting for her to make it into this map, if only for the "taxi" thing I previously mentioned.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Bruceski posted:

Yup, we got to the point in the story where she can get a Brave axe and start wrecking face, but the problem is she's just not keeping up in strength and speed. She was one of my MvPs on my very first run so she'll always be a character I pull for.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
In my run, she married Benny and three levels as a general to pick up Wary Fighter solved any speed issues she might have had.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka's out forever, Leo and Arthur are out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka is gone and honestly I'm surprised her dinky 11 speed managed to make it this far. You know you're bad when Effie is the Flash in comparison.

Ugh. This town looks half-ravaged already. These bandits are no fools. I don't know how Soleil and her friends staved them off the first time. But we're going to have to figure out something to save them-and this town. This is going to get ugly fast.

So the gimmick of this mission is to take the stones and create custom checkpoints. You can actually wall off a good corner of the map to just wait on their thumbs until the rest of their crew is taken out, if you so choose.

Ophelia starts out with a random snipe kill while the rest of the party travel towards the center of the city.

Corrin gets the first stab at combat, taking out the lead Zerker in front of Sorcerers.

Soleil starts out as an NPC that Laslow has to talk to.

You all right, Soleil?
Always! I am your daughter, after all. Nothing ever gets to me! Not even these bandits!
Well, I mean... Maybe I was worried. But only a... Only a...
Hmm? Daughter?
OK. I'll admit it. This is bad. And I can't bring myself to tell my men.
Soleil, I know I always said to keep on smiling. But sometimes it's fine to drop it if it feels like an act.
Still, you'll have to forgive me if I smile, looking at you here. You've grown into such a hero!
Let me share one of my secrets. If battle is turning against me... And I can't smile? I laugh. A lot. It really confuses the enemy.

Whoa. That's brilliant.
See? There's that smile again. An honest smile. Nothing lovelier.
Ready to smile? Laugh? Whatever it takes out there to win?
Woo-hoo! Yeah!

Ophelia takes the alleyway and sets herself up to counterkill Corrine's Sorcerer problem.

Soleil uses her Offspring seal to promote to Hero, I have literally passed on it like at least four times at this point (Arthur, Charlotte, Laslow, Selena). Probably more if you include Heart Seals.

She picks up Sol and D rank in axes.

PSkill: Sisterhood-When user is the lead unit, if their support unit is female, damage +2 and damage received -2

If that PSkill looks familiar, that's basically a slightly worse version of Ryoma's PSkill which is still pretty good. Not much for skills though since kids can't inherit DLC stuff and both Laslow and Selena started as Mercs.

Ophelia shoring up her only real weakness which is HP.

There are enemy reinforcements coming in, so don't get complacent in the chokepoints.

The NPC soldiers do attack with their Javelin when in their attack range, and they're more durable than you think, since they all come equipped with Wary Fighter.

Ophelia gets proactive and set herself up to counterkill a bunch more Sorcerers, while Corrine travels across the map to hold off a group of Zerkers.

Camilla takes out a Sorcerer thanks to Effie's new Brave Lance. Brave weapons, if you didn't realize, also proc twice during dual attacks. That's basically 30 free damage to anyone within Effie's range before the first counterattack.

Camilla gets to lvl 8 for +STR/SKL/DEF/RES

Effie takes out the Sorcerer first since the Hero in front can't really scratch her. Meanwhile, Percy's holding the fort down against some Heroes.

All those casters? Dead. Thanks, Ophy.

Corrine punishes a stray Zerker that attacked a Lancer, while Charlotte tag-teams in for Percy and destroys her alt class.

Elise picks up a stone and drops it off to seal the north, funneling enemies into the Ophelia/Xander deathtrap.

Corrine sets herself up against more of her favorite foes, Zerkers, as she gets even more power.

That southwest area that Effie's guarding is getting real messy since four enemy reinforcements worth of troops are being funneled there.

Odin isn't nearly as resistant as his daughter, but still good enough to take on three Sorcerers safely. Xander sets up to seal the northeast.

Bad levels are like a plague in close proximity. Selena does pick up Aether and Azura learned Voice of Peace.

Guess what Ophelia was doing there? That's right, soloing yet another alleyway full of casters. Unfortunately, she only got a +SPD/LCK level this time.

The boss hangs around until basically when all the other enemies are dead. Pass is annoying I guess, and Magic Counter can get random resets if you're not paying attention, but that threatening overall.

Corrine stands firm against Bow Knights with her Levin Sword, while Camilla holds the line against Zerkers until Xander can get through stupid grass.

Charlotte+Dual Club+dark street=trouble

Xander and Camilla continue guarding the northwest gaps, the latter picking up some killing power despite needing speed at this point.

Should probably not be a surprise that Charlotte is by far the fastest unit at 28 speed.

Corrine is still busy with the Bow Knights, since they're sturdy annoyances. Not much of danger in dying thanks to Dragonic Hex rendering them near useless.

Xander takes on the role of turret for the northwest.

I think you mean Whiff Miff Sow

Xander is going to take forever here because the enemies won't attack and he takes like 2-3 attacks to kill.

I was a swordsman. The best! Come on—I'll test my blade on you.

You suck, you have terrible abilities.

...The what? Did I miss something?

Also, Effie gained a single skill point for lvl 10. I'm going to blame Zhara on this.

Many plicking and plucking and clanging turns later, Camilla finishes the map.

Wahooo! Thanks, Father. And thanks to all your friends. I'm so happy that you came.
I'm happy that you're alive. This was no piece of cake.
Um, if I may? We could use someone like her—fighting with a smile on her face. We're always on such a grim march. She'd put some pep in our step.

Silas, get the hell out of my face forever

Huh? Aren't I smiley enough?

Well, um...
Once more, Laslow? I couldn't hear you through your frown.
Um...all right. I could use some extra support on the smiley front.
Hmmm? Who's this?

Here, something to remember us by!
Oh! My goodness...
Um, what's with the blushing? You're pink as a rose, Soleil.
Wow. Cute! Um...hi! Again. Did I say hi? Sorry. Blanked out there. You're just too pretty for words. But I guess those are words. About you being pretty.
Hmm, I am?

To be fair, that's a good generic portrait.

Stargazing is a voiced line. Why, I have no idea. The lines they pick randomly to voice continues to baffle me.

Yes! I'd love to!
Whoa. Really? You and me, beneath the stars? I can't wait!

Why, yes! She's got good taste. In women as well as men—got a problem with that?
No, of course not.
Wahooo! She said yes, Father! See, I always told you—be honest with women. It's not a game. Just wear your heart on your sleeve. On BOTH your sleeves!
Soleil...I guess I can look forward to more of these dating tips, eh?
I don't imagine we'll have much time for these little daughter-father chats. But you can always rely on me!
It's true. We're at war. But I'll always have time for you, Soleil.

GET OUT, SILAS

What do you mean, ME?
But, yes. I suppose I am fortunate to have such a delight as Soleil in my life!

Keeping the four soldiers alive nets me a Dracoshield, Physic, and Friendship Seal.

Class and character overview

Hero

Pair-up Bonus: +2 +3 SKL/SPD, +2 DEF
Weapon rank: Swords (A), Axes (B)

Skills: (lvl 5) Sol-Skill% chance of restoring half the damage dealt to the enemy
(lvl 15) Axebreaker-Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with an Axe

Hero is just in that unfortunate place where it didn't change, but better classes just rose up and context of Conquest makes it a mediocre class. Basically, Power Creep and being "Balanced" instead of specializing is its ultimate downfall.

Soleil

Class sets: Starts as Mercenary, Ninja, Sky Knight
PSkill: Sisterhood-When user is the lead unit, if their support unit is female, damage +2 and damage received -2

Growth Rates
HP: 52.5
STR: 60
MAG: 2.5
SKL: 50
SPD: 55
LCK: 42.5
DEF: 50
RES: 35

Solid growths all-around, pumped by a great PSkill. Her second greatest strength is the variety of classes she has access to thanks to her parents, as she can fill a number of needs from Kinshi Knight to another Ninja. Or even a regular Bow Knight, as they're better on Conquest.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

While the Hero class doesn't have anything flashy about it, the pair-up bonuses do make up for it. +3 Skill/Speed is a godsend on units who are slow and tanky like Xander or Effie, or have accuracy issues like Keaton and Arthur. Sure, it may not have the raw power of Berserker or the utility of Bow Knight, but Hero is still a good class in my opinion, even just as a stat stick.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

ah, 'sisterhood,' just gals being pals

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ah, Soleil. Easily one of, if not THE most controversial character in this game.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Junpei posted:

Ah, Soleil. Easily one of, if not THE most controversial character in this game.

I think I read somewhere that her supports were altered (in some cases quite heavily) due to controversy. Anyway...

Soleil - Her innate growths (before maternal modifiers) seem to paint her as a very severe "glass cannon" type, almost as much so as Azura- she's got extremely high Strength growth on par with Effie's (in fact, a side-by-side comparison reveals that her growths are nearly IDENTICAL to Effie's), and most of her other stats are fairly reasonable (her Magic growth is literally zero, but that doesn't matter since she doesn't use it)... but her HP growth before any modifiers is a mere 25. For context, the only characters with WORSE HP growths we've seen thus far are Gunter (whose overall growths are practically nil, so it's a miracle if you manage to gain anything on him) and Rinkah (who has absolutely TERRIBLE HP growth, which generally makes her bad at the one thing her growths suggest she should be good at), and literally EVERY CASTER IN THE GAME (except the Hoshido generics and the generic Troubadour, but we're not counting generics) has higher growth than her... hell, her innate HP growth is as bad as AZURA'S, and we all know how frail she is. At least her (rather suggestive) personal skill mitigates this with a flat reduction to damage, regardless of source (and pumps up her offense even higher than it already is while it's at it)...

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

The real thing that hit Heroes so hard in this game is that Hand Axes can't double. So they don't have any good phys 1-2 any more and the class doesn't have any magic so the Levin Sword/Bolt Axe are better on something like Malig/Dark Knight.

They're snazzy dressers though. The generic Hero looks great.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Soleil's personal skill is cool and she works pretty well with her mother as a pair-up bot, if she's someone like Peri in Great Knight. The problem is, Hero is a mediocre class in Fates and you have to deploy Laslow, another mediocre unit, for so long in order to unlock her. Not one of the better kids, in my opinion. Pass down Cavalier from Peri or, like, Great Knight from Effie if you want to make the most of her I reckon.

Or give her Camilla as a mum, because Camilla makes every kid she can mother amazing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CptWedgie posted:

I think I read somewhere that her supports were altered (in some cases quite heavily) due to controversy. Anyway...

She'd be infinitely more tolerable than the actual same-sex marriage option for women.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That generic villager portrait is better than about 30-40% of the actual playable characters in this game

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

TheKingofSprings posted:

That generic villager portrait is better than about 30-40% of the actual playable characters in this game

I think this is a consequence of a lot of the characters feeling... overdesigned? Like, that villager doesn't have a dozen different armor plates or filigrees, and the art style's good for that.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Glazius posted:

I think this is a consequence of a lot of the characters feeling... overdesigned? Like, that villager doesn't have a dozen different armor plates or filigrees, and the art style's good for that.

Yes. Sometimes more buckles or zippers are cool, but most of the time it isn't.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Wallet Inspector posted:

Soleil's personal skill is cool and she works pretty well with her mother as a pair-up bot, if she's someone like Peri in Great Knight. The problem is, Hero is a mediocre class in Fates and you have to deploy Laslow, another mediocre unit, for so long in order to unlock her. Not one of the better kids, in my opinion. Pass down Cavalier from Peri or, like, Great Knight from Effie if you want to make the most of her I reckon.

Or give her Camilla as a mum, because Camilla makes every kid she can mother amazing.

Effie, Camilla, Peri, and Charlotte are all pretty much foolproof moms, which makes family planning a lot easier than in Birthright if you're minmaxing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, and Soleil's base class's promotion allows her to learn Sol, which I find hysterical.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Cythereal posted:

She'd be infinitely more tolerable than the actual same-sex marriage option for women.

Not a difficult task, considering who it is. Personally, I think the presence of same-sex marriage options might've been better received if they'd done more than just the one for each gender; like, even just one per faction per gender would've been acceptable (with Soleil being a prime candidate for Nohr), rather than the token representation with implications of disapproval (at least, from what I see; maybe it's just me, though) we actually got.

Not that I'd do them anyway, mind, since completely aside from my tastes in gaming pairings I prefer to get as many mechanical benefits as possible (and kids certainly count as a mechanical benefit in this game; Nohr was hit harder than Hoshido on that front, incidentally), albeit not to obsessive degrees (a pairing I like overrides a mechanically-optimal pairing I hate when I'm playing), but it's the principle of the thing. Kinda like the "exactly as many non-Avatar fathers and mothers" thing is a TERRIBLE design choice if you combine it with the "Avatar can support anyone" thing (inevitably, SOMEONE is gonna ship the Avatar with a first-generation character, which will, in turn, leave someone without a spouse and, half the time, even prevent you from recruiting everyone if you don't edit your save), or even the permadeath option (for obvious reasons); Awakening was objectively better on that front, because in addition to having more choices of fathers for the mothers to pick from (Fates inverting the classic "kids from the mother" thing) it gives you SPARES just in case you lose (or fail to recruit, as the case may be) one.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aesclepia posted:

Yes. Sometimes more buckles or zippers are cool, but most of the time it isn't.
Thankfully, Tetsuya Nomura hasn't graced the franchise yet.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

AradoBalanga posted:

Thankfully, Tetsuya Nomura hasn't graced the franchise yet.

Yeah, while some of his designs are relatively cool and interesting, I've always preferred more simple and clean designs, when it comes to characters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Almost back to Hoshido now. A Kingdom that's held up surprisingly well despite being blown up and there was an army waiting on its doorsteps. This Yukimura guy sounds like he's doing important work, a shame we never see him. Or like, talk to him.

No CASTLE KRAKENBURG subtitle for once

How did that ragtag team manage to make it through the Wind Tribe village?! One of their ranks should have lost a leg or at least an arm by now! Yet they are all in perfect health and high spirits. How utterly disappointing.

We're a team now? When did we stop being an army? And this dialogue ignores the fact that people can die on the team, so hell, I dunno.

And why is Iago trying to kill us again when Corrine was all HEIL NOHR last time they were together. Is the priority 1) Troll Corrine 2) Win war

Luckily, their next stop is a fitting location for Corrine's fall from grace. The Eternal Stairway, rumored to lead straight to hell. Heh, it's too perfect!

It...is? It leads straight to Hoshido, which I guess it's hell to them??

I wonder how many friends and loved ones our little princess will lose there...
Prepare to drown in your despair, Lady Corrine. Your king and I look forward to feasting upon your cries of agony!

*Corrine and her group arrive*

It is. Once we make it through here, we'll be near the Hoshidan castle. Soldiers will undoubtedly be awaiting our arrival, but this path is our only option. We'll have to break through their numbers by sheer force of will.
And so we shall... Well, let's get on with it.

*Corrine's servants arrive*

Let me guess... Hoshidan soldiers?
Um, well, yes! But... I mean, no? It's a little...
Oh boy. So! The thing is... Um...
Quiet, Felicia. Your stammering isn't helping anyone. Milady, we scouted ahead as ordered. We found a great many Hoshidan soldiers...

I guess Kaze wasn't available to recon because...plot.

Also, that's not good news.

Gods... What happened?!
W-we're not sure. They all appear to be healthy, strong warriors. And yet there's not a single survivor. It's...it's awful to behold.
Perhaps Father sent another unit of Nohrian soldiers ahead of us...
Highly unlikely, milady. There's no way they could have passed us unnoticed. The only other route into Hoshido requires crossing the Bottomless Canyon... But they would have had to circle back, so we still would have gotten here first.
A tragedy to be sure, but this works out quite nicely for us. Having our enemy taken care of before we even arrive is a huge boon. We should take advantage of this and get going before more troops arrive.
Agreed. These soldiers would have fallen anyway—better that it's not by our hands. We should be grateful that someone saved us the trouble of a tiring battle.
I suppose. But...

*A noise was heard*

Huh?! What's that sound?

*Things arrive*

Iago, you uncreative hack

GRRRAAARRRGHH!!
Faceless! Here?!
Oh no, oh no, oh no! There are too many of them, and they're headed right for us!
drat! So this is what befell those Hoshidan soldiers.
We must not let the same thing happen to us, Felicia, follow me!

*Felicia and Jakob stand off against the Faceless*

RAAAAARGH!!
Take that! AND THAT!

*Felicia kills a Faceless*

Grrraaargh...

*More Faceless arrive*

Everyone, pull back! We can't win this battle!
We can't leave! They've got us surrounded!

*Even MORE Faceless appear*

Oh, Father... Did you really have to send quite so many of these beasties?
Camilla, this is no joking matter!
Something's not right... Even Father wouldn't dispatch this many Faceless to one location. There's more at play here than we know.
We'll figure it out later! For now, we need to concentrate on making it out alive. All we can do is carve through the Faceless and head for the top of the stairs.
Everyone, watch each other's backs. I won't lose any of you! I WON'T!

This is an Escape map, with the exit at the very top of the map. Almost every other faceless has Poison Strike or Savage Blow, and sniping Golems are on cliffs to pelt anyone weakened by the HP draining moves.

Here's the catch: All units have to escape. So it's not as cheesable as you would think.

Bench a character: http://www.strawpoll.me/13041243

Heart Seal, Witch, and Dread Scrolls are available now.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

we haven't seen a witch yet, have we?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Give the Witch's Mark to OPHELIA DUSK. It is her destiny.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now this is a god drat map.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Since it's an eternal stairway that means it must go down as well as up!

And since Nohr is so incompetent at this war thing that's probably the way they tend to go whenever they get here.

Poor innumerably faceless who keep trudging down the Eternal Stairway to hell, never reaching the bottom because they can't buttslide past the Eternal part of the stairway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Give the Witch's Mark to OPHELIA DUSK. It is her destiny.
Seconding this. The chosen heroine needs more power.

• Locked thread