Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rezatahs posted:

it's cute he is trying but the obvious universal truth is bernie would have won :dukedoge:

Trump even said he would hate to run against Bernie. Trump knows Bernie would have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Stexils posted:

it cannot be overstated how much of a clusterfuck that republican primary was. once it was obvious jeb was dead in the shark infested water nobody knew what the gently caress was happening.

It made for great television though.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Bernie would have fun

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
winning

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Jeb should run again.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

Jeb should run again.

Please clap

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Stexils posted:

it cannot be overstated how much of a clusterfuck that republican primary was. once it was obvious jeb was dead in the shark infested water nobody knew what the gently caress was happening.

I still can't believe the raw hilarity that jeb! brought to the Bush family. It's not like ol G.W. was an awesome speaker, but I wouldn't trust his little bro to do a show and tell day at an elementary school. Like, how did his family not pull him aside to be like "Jeb no, I'm begging you, you're a talented special boy but maybe you could be something other than president, like a fireman or an astronaut, just please, please don't"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
He just fuckin' box-turtle'd his way into the race, and quietly box-turtle'd his way out. God bless Jeb the precious cinnamon roll candidate.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I want him to try uniting Republican moderates and Democratic centrists under one party just like Clinton

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Guy Goodbody posted:

So you're happy with what Bernie is doing?

I'm happy to source quotes eventually, really

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FisheyStix posted:

I still can't believe the raw hilarity that jeb! brought to the Bush family. It's not like ol G.W. was an awesome speaker, but I wouldn't trust his little bro to do a show and tell day at an elementary school. Like, how did his family not pull him aside to be like "Jeb no, I'm begging you, you're a talented special boy but maybe you could be something other than president, like a fireman or an astronaut, just please, please don't"

He was actually a charismatic and deeply popular governor :shrug:

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

T.S. Smelliot posted:

jeb would have won

actually would any republican candidate have lost to hillary? id like to think ted cruz would still have lost but...hillary lol

president ben carson would have been the funniest outcome though, even better than trump winning

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

T.S. Smelliot posted:

This is true. Florida loved him.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

berth ell pup posted:

ive been on sa for over a decade.

Your reg date says that is a lie. :colbert:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Accretionist posted:

I want him to try uniting Republican moderates and Democratic centrists under one party just like Clinton

There are no Republican moderates in the classical sense. The party is built around wedge issues like abortion, gun control, and taxes. Pick a random voter on the right and they might be moderate on some issues but will be far right on at least one.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amarcarts posted:

There are no Republican moderates in the classical sense. The party is built around wedge issues like abortion, gun control, and taxes. Pick a random voter on the right and they might be moderate on some issues but will be far right on at least one.

So democrats are the real republicans?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

spacetoaster posted:

The right has been pulling the rope so hard to the right in recent years that the center has changed.

The issue for the Republicans is that the batshit crazy people are their base and very prominent in media, while the issue for Democrats is that their base is apathetic and generally doesn't vote.

For reference: I don't have any particular love for either party and I'd describe myself as center-left on nearly every issue.

Amarcarts fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 25, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The issue with democrat voters is that theyre fickle, not apathetic. They don't show up to back a poo poo cabdidate just because. There is no concrete support guaranteed to them.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

"I hate you and wish you would die"

"What the gently caress why aren't you voting for us?! Why are you voting against your own self interest?!"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

obama described himself as a 90s republican.

basic hitler posted:

The issue with democrat voters is that theyre fickle, not apathetic. They don't show up to back a poo poo cabdidate just because. There is no concrete support guaranteed to them.

the issue is that the democratic party actively goes against what its voters want and then scolds and reprimands them for not supporting them. remember how after the 2008 election the entire country hated the banks and wanted obama to punish them and instead he gave them sacks of money and gave the finger to homeowners facing foreclosures? and then spent the entire healthcare fiasco reaching out to republicans and working with insurance companies while threatening any dems who were insistent on a public option? there's a reason the dems bled seats for eight years, and it's not because their voters were fickle.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Stexils posted:

the issue is that the democratic party actively goes against what its voters want and then scolds and reprimands them for not supporting them. remember how after the 2008 election the entire country hated the banks and wanted obama to punish them and instead he gave them sacks of money and gave the finger to homeowners facing foreclosures? and then spent the entire healthcare fiasco reaching out to republicans and working with insurance companies while threatening any dems who were insistent on a public option? there's a reason the dems bled seats for eight years, and it's not because their voters were fickle.

Required reading that explains all of this and more:

https://www.amazon.com/Listen-Liberal-Happened-Party-People-ebook/dp/B012N992EK

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Stexils posted:

obama described himself as a 90s republican.

I thought he was against the war in Iraq?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Il Federale posted:

jeb would have won

actually would any republican candidate have lost to hillary? id like to think ted cruz would still have lost but...hillary lol

ted cruz is literally the most unlikable human being on the plane and i've never seen anyone say anything positive about him, how did he last so long lol

i mean i know the answer is "he was running against a lady famous for destroying a company, a guy who loved quacamole but couldn't fire up a crowd, and a man who may or may not have almost stabbed his friend once" but seriously the GOP is just as bled dry of talent at the top as the left is

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
*leathery tendril slowly crawls out of aperture*

hssssssss......eeeerrrrcccchhhh.........

.......Bernaaaaaard.....hsssss....wooooooohhhhssssss.....

*hack*

*...woooonn....*

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

he was running against a lady famous for destroying a company

ugh i forgot cruz picked fiorina as his vp (before dropping out a week later lol)

what a nightmare ticket

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ted cruz is literally the most unlikable human being on the plane and i've never seen anyone say anything positive about him, how did he last so long lol

i mean i know the answer is "he was running against a lady famous for destroying a company, a guy who loved quacamole but couldn't fire up a crowd, and a man who may or may not have almost stabbed his friend once" but seriously the GOP is just as bled dry of talent at the top as the left is

I think Rubio was probably the golden boy at that point, but he had no ability to capitalize on any opening.

That Chris Christie murder suicide was incredible.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

That Chris Christie murder suicide was incredible.

Favorite moment of the election.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

spacetoaster posted:

Your reg date says that is a lie. :colbert:

well to be fair I've been on SA for nearly a decade and it is my reg date that's a lie

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

well to be fair I've been on SA for nearly a decade and it is my reg date that's a lie

yeah thats what they all say

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson were named as the "pied piper" candidates Hillary's campaign instructed the media to push.

Naturally they become the frontrunners despite Jeb being the clear money leader

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Gammatron 64 posted:

"I hate you and wish you would die"

"What the gently caress why aren't you voting for us?! Why are you voting against your own self interest?!"

I'm not a politician and I am perfectly fine with that.
Could never hate them though, it's fun when people shoot themselves in the foot.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson were named as the "pied piper" candidates Hillary's campaign instructed the media to push.

Naturally they become the frontrunners despite Jeb being the clear money leader

Jeb was completely unprepared to handle a question about the Iraq War. Whatever Hillary did, Jeb's extended sad trombone music was all on him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder why Hillary is considered a good politician despite most of her roles being obtained through nepotism.

Carpet bagged her way into a safe blue NY district and pissed off Ted Kennedy

Lost to Senator Obama in 2008

Had a big primary fight with a previously obscure Vermont senator from a small rural state that has more maple trees than people

Final Crowning moment of Failure, Losing to Trump in 2016 despite having 2x the campaign budget and being favored in the polls

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've never met a Republican who supported Jeb! at any point, and it was slightly surreal watching the media act like he was a sure thing for so long.

I'm pretty used to the media being wrong, and understand just how pompously ignorant most journalists are, but it was still weird.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nut to Butt posted:

I've never met a Republican who supported Jeb! at any point, and it was slightly surreal watching the media act like he was a sure thing for so long.

I'm pretty used to the media being wrong, and understand just how pompously ignorant most journalists are, but it was still weird.

Jeb had the most money, and all they understand is money.

Either that or that's just what their Republican party insider directives told them to do

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

I wonder why Hillary is considered a good politician despite most of her roles being obtained through nepotism.

Carpet bagged her way into a safe blue NY district and pissed off Ted Kennedy

Lost to Senator Obama in 2008

Had a big primary fight with a previously obscure Vermont senator from a small rural state that has more maple trees than people

Final Crowning moment of Failure, Losing to Trump in 2016 despite having 2x the campaign budget and being favored in the polls

You're leaving off all the various skulduggery she got up to as first lady and then her legal shenanigans back in the day but then again I've been a card carrying member of the vast right wing conspiracy since like, 1999.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHckRTkcZg

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Jeb had the most money, and all they understand is money.

Either that or that's just what their Republican party insider directives told them to do
I knew why they acted that way, but people believed them? I know people are tractable and stupid, but sometimes it freaks me out. :shrug:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

etalian posted:

Stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Krustic posted:

I wonder how candidate "gently caress You Government" would have fared

I thought that was Trump.

• Locked thread