Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Don't know if he ever mentioned it before, but the Doughboys revealed that Jon Gabrus and Adam Richman were the two finalists to host Man Vs Food a decade ago. That would've ruled.

Gabrus also was recently profiled by the LA Times http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-jon-gabrus-comedian-20170426-story.html

Great article. Gabrus is always able to bring it back to a grounded place, like as Geno the intern, when he mentions something offhand that totally contradicts something he said before, he can logic his way out of it and put it in terms that make sense in the Geno world-view. I feel like Horatio Sanz does this too, to some degree. They are kind of a loose cannon sort of character, but find a way to relate it back without getting too out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The HH show was a chaotic mess and then they took like 3 minutes to announce this was the final one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did they seem serious

I think they've announced that the show is over at least 5 times now

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Did they seem serious

I think they've announced that the show is over at least 5 times now

As serious as they have been the last few shows. We had a solid Big Apple Hollywood Handbook East show.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Why do you guys think they're serious every time?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

soggybagel posted:

They're HH fans, so they can't tell the difference between jokes and not jokes.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It's called irony poisoning and it's a real thing.

Also in Sean's appearance on Who Charted he mentioned a new Howl podcast called Hollywood Masterclass he'd be doing with Ben Rodgers that would be in the same vein as HH. Dunno if this was a joke or not.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 22, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Half the fun of HH is getting-it but then subsequently pretending to not get-it in comment sections.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tatumje posted:

Half the fun of HH is getting-it but then subsequently pretending to not get-it in comment sections.

Yeah, all the people not getting it are just super in on the joke!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Mmm, yes, speak on that.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

soggybagel posted:

This is why, from this thread in 2013

Help I'm Alive posted:

Did anyone catch Hayes saying "This is our second to last show" right after the intro? I dunno if he was joking or what but I don't want RSS to ever stop
It causes Vietnam flashbacks every time.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tatumje posted:

Mmm, yes, speak on that.

Good one!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
the good one robot, haven't seen you in years!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

you say that but I actually think you didn't think it was a good one

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of good ones, take a look at the new streaming service Vioobu and their exciting new series Cuplicated.

I promise it isn't a joke dedicated to skewering Seeso for 35 minutes.

Edit: Osama Tim Allen

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 23, 2017

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Tatumje posted:

Speaking of good ones, take a look at the new streaming service Vioobu and their exciting new series Cuplicated.

This loving rules

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Also in Sean's appearance on Who Charted he mentioned a new Howl podcast called Hollywood Masterclass he'd be doing with Ben Rodgers that would be in the same vein as HH. Dunno if this was a joke or not.

Ben Rodgers also mentioned this on The Dumbbells recently and said it would be a 6 episode thing, it's real but more short term.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Sounds like somebody finally realized "Huh, Hollywood Handbook has a really devoted audience, probably the most fanatical of all the Earwolf shows....we should maybe try to monetize that for HowlStitcher Premium."

And I think it's going to work. Bang Rodgman and Brett becoming Sean's pupils is a great setup.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Tatumje posted:

This is loving amazing. It's like Sean and Hayes made a nightmarish test pilot.

"craig mooba fra brooklyn. craig mooba ta echo park."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Everyone thinks those dramedies about comedians by comedians are so great. Well, I've got an original thought: Those shows are actually self indulgent!

Now let me make a 30 minute video based on that premise

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is either gonna be a straight parody of those lovely masterclass courses by celebrities picking up a paycheck or its own thing

no matter what it should be great

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

xbilkis posted:

Everyone thinks those dramedies about comedians by comedians are so great. Well, I've got an original thought: Those shows are actually self indulgent!

What's that music...it sounds cool

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_QN5TtEos reminded me of wainy days. won't someone make these comics a little less indulged

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Welllll I posted about the Rodgeman podcast a few weeks ago! Acknowledge me! They mentioned it at the UCB live show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is an all-time HH. Bathroom Man and Server Dan do such a good job taking over as Hayes and Sean.

Please do donate to DeadByHalloween.org

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Tatumje posted:

God this is amazing. And it's got a bunch of Birthday Boys in it too.

http://www.vioobu.com/dudes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/craig_healy/status/866816204379258883

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Darkman Fanpage posted:

And it's got a bunch of Birthday Boys in it too.
I gasped when I saw Mitch in his Rockdoughberfest shirt.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The HH boys always manage to put a smigel on my face.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

This is loving amazing. It's like Sean and Hayes made a nightmarish test pilot.

"craig mooba fra brooklyn. craig mooba ta echo park."

That dumb accent kills me every time. I think I'm a Bug Mane fan now.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Tatumje posted:

this.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

(._. ) . o O ( bingeable, buzzable, mobileables )

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

xbilkis posted:

Yeah they did it and its funny.

Also I loved the poker scene

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Yeah they did it and its funny.

Also I loved the poker scene

Them making an entire fake streaming web service with real content (public domain episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies and some weird post-I Love Lucy Lucille Ball vehicle) takes it to a whole new level. Their social media team is on point too:

https://twitter.com/VioobuTV/status/866727701075197952

https://twitter.com/craig_healy/status/866816204379258883

Although this is so niche that I can kind of understand why Funny or Die recently laid off hundreds.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kind of a shame, I was looking around on twitter and stuff I don't think anyone is really getting what it is (and when Nick Wiger/Mike Mitchell plugged it today on Who Charted Howard/Kulap just seemed kind of confused)

also i was very impressed at how long the guy can go without blinking in that mirror scene

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I wonder how big of an audience would even understand Cuplicated.

Speaking of weird stuff, more people should watch the Pound House. It features Doug Lussenhop, who is a moderately famous editor in the alt-comedy scene. His quirky editing style is central to Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Portlandia, and the Eric Andre Show. The Pound House is about internet dating and weird friends, but events quickly spiral out of Doug's control/comprehension. It has been described as David Lynchian, and I personally feel like it is the perfect representation of a social anxiety disorder. I rate it five stars.

Season three was blocked behind whatever Verizon's Seeso equivalent is, but now all but one episode from the season is up on YouTube. The final episode of season three should be uploaded soon.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bathroom Man, and Server Dan, both called into the Best Show this week, apologizing for being unfunny. lol

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kind of a shame, I was looking around on twitter and stuff I don't think anyone is really getting what it is (and when Nick Wiger/Mike Mitchell plugged it today on Who Charted Howard/Kulap just seemed kind of confused)

also i was very impressed at how long the guy can go without blinking in that mirror scene

Describing your merciless Seeso piss take to Kulap sounds like something that might be a bit awkward.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Is there anyone with more to lose than Kulap if Seeso goes down?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Tatumje posted:

Is there anyone with more to lose than Kulap if Seeso goes down?

Tim Baltz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Without that seeso $$$$ they'll be in the poor house