Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
There's an actor that looks just like Gianforte and its driving me crazy trying to remember the guy's name. He's a character actor type that I've seen in a ton of stuff but nothing I can think of off the top of my head, anyone know who I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is gonna be quite a news day, I think. Crossing my fingers that trump tweets about Montana.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Kekekela posted:

There's an actor that looks just like Gianforte and its driving me crazy trying to remember the guy's name. He's a character actor type that I've seen in a ton of stuff but nothing I can think of off the top of my head, anyone know who I'm talking about?

Dean Norris? Paul Giamatti?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kekekela posted:

There's an actor that looks just like Gianforte and its driving me crazy trying to remember the guy's name.
He's a character actor type that I've seen in a ton of stuff but nothing I can think of off the top of my head, anyone know who I'm talking about?

John Malkovich?

Edit: Daniel von Bargen?

Avirosb fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 25, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Republican voters will vote for people who want to literally kill children and the elderly with their policies, why wouldn't they vote for a white nationalist who would knock a globalist reporter on his back?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is exactly the kind of poo poo that worries me.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can use some sweeping generalizations to describe most republicans like wanting to hurt the poor, wanting to make the rich richer and being in lockstep on their agendas no matter how terrible.

What are some generalizations you could use on democrats? besides that every now and then one of them can't keep their dick in their pants which directly leads to a complete idiot becoming president?

Democrats want to punish success. They don't believe in personal responsibility and are making entire generations dependent on the government. They want to take your guns, and demand the tolerance and acceptance of every ideology and lifestyle except for Christianity.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Kekekela posted:

Kurt Fuller?

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

Kekekela posted:

J. K. Simmons?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Kekekela posted:

Reminds me of John Bedford Lloyd aka the mayor from Super Troopers.

Traintruction
May 14, 2004

Kekekela posted:

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0309461/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Paracaidas posted:

Democrats want to punish success. They don't believe in personal responsibility and are making entire generations dependent on the government. They want to take your guns, and demand the tolerance and acceptance of every ideology and lifestyle except for Christianity.

in conclusion, the truth is in the middle

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Dollars to donuts this person is a lifelong Republican who's never pulled the lever for anyone except the guy with the R next to his name.

These people are beyond hope and are unreachable. It's the ones with a shred of decorum and common sense who will recoil in horror at this story, and they're the ones it'll affect.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty

Supremezero posted:

Out Handshake him.

well done

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Nailed it.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

The people that say they'll vote him because of that will have voted for him regardless of it happening

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

lmao and of course there's a pic of him and 45.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

Because financial literacy is an important factor in the retention of poverty across generations. There's a definite skillset involved in knowing how to manage money effectively, and many people in poverty lack that basic knowledge through no fault of their own. For many people, even if they are fortunate enough to gain access to increased wealth, it often doesn't lead to an increased quality of life because they literally don't know how to handle it.

https://www.theladders.com/p/17724/barely-make-ends-meet-salary-500000-year

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-500k-20170324-story.html

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Dollars to donuts this person is a lifelong Republican who's never pulled the lever for anyone except the guy with the R next to his name.

These people are beyond hope and are unreachable. It's the ones with a shred of decorum and common sense who will recoil in horror at this story, and they're the ones it'll affect.

"Decorum and common sense but also voted for Donald Trump" feels like a group that can't be very large.

Edit: That doesn't rule out "People who didn't vote but want to vote against the crazy bodyslam guy" though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ImpAtom posted:

"Decorum and common sense but also voted for Donald Trump" feels like a group that can't be very large.

Edit: That doesn't rule out "People who didn't vote but want to vote against the crazy bodyslam guy" though.

you'd be surprised

even fox news is calling gianforte out

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/867745776528756738
The White House is so full of plagiarism at this point that if it was a college student it would have been expelled three times over.

Also, threatening reporters over twitter:
https://twitter.com/TonyRomm/status/867740038964154368
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/867749598848331776

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867749083875880960
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867744418945798145

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sloober posted:

The people that say they'll vote him because of that will have voted for him regardless of it happening

It is also possible the person had already voted by mail and once someone votes for a particular candidate it is all but impossible to get them to not support that candidate because that would mean admitting to themselves that their vote was a mistake

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

No matter how many "understanding Trump voters" articles I read, I still don't understand how someone can have the cognitive dissonance to think they are for "small government" when they literally want politicians to act without any accountability whatsoever, as long as it's their guy doing the kicking.

Detention centers? Lock em up! Pesky journalists? Beat them! Protestors? Traitors! It's so bizarre. What do they actually think is in the constitution? How does their brain even justify this?

Skyr
Jun 9, 2012

I was trying to place his name because I think this is as close as you can get.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

you'd be surprised

even fox news is calling gianforte out

Well, on some level, Fox doesn't want to set a precedent for reporters being attacked, seeing as how they are (by some definition) a news organization.

Xombie posted:

No matter how many "understanding Trump voters" articles I read, I still don't understand how someone can have the cognitive dissonance to think they are for "small government" when they literally want politicians to act without any accountability whatsoever, as long as it's their guy doing the kicking.

Detention centers? Lock em up! Pesky journalists? Beat them! Protestors? Traitors! It's so bizarre. What do they actually think is in the constitution? How does their brain even justify this?

Tribalism, pure and simple. I play for the red team, so anything the red team does is good and anything the blue team does is bad.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Xombie posted:

The average voter takes whatever measure of stability they have for granted and is generally apolitical or posts on the internet about how theres a better way through the shining light of libertarianism. The former is an order of magnitude larger than the latter.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

This is him, thanks!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Xombie posted:

They divide the world into "the good people" and "the bad people" and assume that because they're one of the good people, it will never happen to them.

It's basically them experiencing the effects of privilege coupled with the Just World fallacy.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Chilichimp posted:

Sean Hannity has seen some poo poo, ya'll.

Of course. He looked in the mirror.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Xombie posted:

It is tribal/team mentality. If you are not on my side, you are not equal to me and are not deserving of any rights.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Skyr posted:

I was trying to place his name because I think this is as close as you can get.

I don't care how nice a guy he is, all I see is Schillinger.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Trump Megathread II: Discord should always be civil

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Xombie posted:

Perhaps by "small government" they mean "republicans only"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zil posted:

It is tribal/team mentality. If you are not on my side, you are not equal to me and are not deserving of any rights.

We only ever thought we evolved past cavemen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hannity got a head like a street shark.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Kit Walker posted:

Perhaps by "small government" they mean "republicans only"

That's the confusing thing for me. I get how people become fascists. I just don't get how they become fascist and think that it's some type of libertarianism.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Xombie posted:

They're emotionally stunted morons who've reduced politics to tribalism​ and domination. They're happy whenever their "side" wins, there is no consistent ideological underpinning and it's a fool's errand to try to suss one out of their ramblings.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/owillis/status/867752196271726593

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867753108868386816

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Dent is the leader of the Tuesday Group and is seen as "reasonable"

More proof to not vote for Republicans ever because deep down they're all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Xombie posted:

That's the confusing thing for me. I get how people become fascists. I just don't get how they become fascist and think that it's some type of libertarianism.

You're freeing yourself from the yoke of communists and [insert hated minority].

• Locked thread