Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im glad that Ubi is taking the position that it is ok to be racist against the French.

I think they'd try to say that it's self-deprecating because they're french canucks, but I'd argue that they're just appropriating the baguettes and hairy women.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Game is more loving busted now than before lmao.

I haven't noticed anything broken yet, what's busted now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Game is more loving busted now than before lmao.

I don't think they've made any major changes yet??

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Don't know what they changed, and could just be a coincidence but I am getting tons of errors and bugs now. Alt tab stopped working, keeps crashing my PC, sometimes it loads, people are shooting with their gadgets.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1500 posted:

Don't know what they changed, but I am getting tons of errors and bugs now. Alt tab stopped working, keeps crashing my PC, sometimes it loads, people are shooting with their gadgets.

Hard is trying to make you healthier by loving up the game into the shitter so you go outside.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hard is trying to make you healthier by loving up the game into the shitter so you go outside.

Jokes on him, finally getting around to playing Half Life 2.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1500 posted:

Jokes on him, finally getting around to playing Half Life 2.

Enjoy the masterpiece of its generation. :patriot:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Enjoy the masterpiece of its generation. :patriot:

:thunk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gordon Freeman is voiced better than most Siege videos.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Gordon Freeman is voiced better than most Siege videos.

Doesn't change the part where Half Life 2 is more of a tech demo than a game.

I'm starting to use Castle more now that I've got a better understanding of the maps. It seems like generally he can be beneficial so long as you are putting his barricades up where attackers reliably enter from, rather than doorways and such inside the building itself. There's a spot in the offices on Border with a single window in the back, and having that fortified an extra step has been nice for delaying flanks or just alerting us to an enemy without putting us in the danger a wooden barricade does.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sdoots posted:

Tech demo that gave most games of its time a hell of a run for their money, yes.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Tech demo that gave most games of its time a hell of a run for their money, yes.

It's Mr. Pants came out in 2004, you son of a bitch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sdoots posted:

It's Mr. Pants came out in 2004, you son of a bitch.

PoE didn't release until way later.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Sdoots posted:

I'm starting to use Castle more now that I've got a better understanding of the maps. It seems like generally he can be beneficial so long as you are putting his barricades up where attackers reliably enter from, rather than doorways and such inside the building itself. There's a spot in the offices on Border with a single window in the back, and having that fortified an extra step has been nice for delaying flanks or just alerting us to an enemy without putting us in the danger a wooden barricade does.

castle works best if you save 1 or 2 walls until late in the round when the attackers are committed to their angles of attack.

you can seriously gently caress people over that wait until the last second to rotate or step foot on the objective

also lol at saying anything bad about hl2 aside from how they tried to pretend the beta gameplay stuff was unscripted

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*opens reddit* Off to a good start, Hard, huh? https://gfycat.com/ThriftyImpureFishingcat

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Sdoots posted:

Castle can be a double-edged sword at times. Paired with Mute, he can be great at keeping people out so long as the enemy doesn't have Ash or Sledge (or I guess Thatcher). On the downside, if you don't have Mute, watch out for those Fuze charges.

It's great though when the enemy uses Castle and they end up Castling themselves out of the room right at the end, letting you win the match.

Nickname Pending fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 25, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*opens reddit* Off to a good start, Hard, huh? https://gfycat.com/ThriftyImpureFishingcat

So they removed this bug from the spectator view by moving it to the game itself?
:russo:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*opens reddit*

I think I found the problem

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

I think I found the problem
Actually it's developer incompetence.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DoctorStrangelove posted:

im glad that Ubi is taking the position that it is ok to be racist against the French.

As an Englishman I applaud this behaviour.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Stop being a bitch.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Leaving Casual Queue closed my game 3 times alraedy in 30 minutes without error. On a positive note, I like that they reset the Casual MMR, I forgot how funny it is to collect salt from Golds and lower.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm getting really bad screen tearing lately. I use an nvidia 1070 and fast sync generally solves all screen tearing / vsync issues ever. Others online seem to have experienced this too recently, possibly a problem in a newer nvidia driver.

Anyone able to weigh in on this ultra-specific issue?

e: vv lmbo

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 26, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

sounds like there's probably a mute nearby. try moving your setup to a different room or destroying the nearest wifi router

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Heran Bago posted:

I'm getting really bad screen tearing lately. I use an nvidia 1070 and fast sync generally solves all screen tearing / vsync issues ever. Others online seem to have experienced this too recently, possibly a problem in a newer nvidia driver.

Got the same card but haven't updated to the latest driver just yet, my games fine now i'm not sure whether i want to try it out or not.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hard posted:

Got the same card but haven't updated to the latest driver just yet, my games fine now i'm not sure whether i want to try it out or not.

That's good. What are your driver and GeForce experience versions? Also your vsync settings both in-game and in the nvidia control panel?

I might just have to play with vsync's input lag for now :(

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 26, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Heran Bago posted:

That's good. What are your driver and GeForce experience versions? Also your vsync settings both in-game and in the nvidia control panel?

I might just have to play with vsync's input lag for now :(

My nvidia panel is set to use application settings which is Off in siege because i have a 60Hz monitor.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Heran Bago posted:

e: vv lmbo

upgrade to a monitor with GSync and forget all about tearing, my friend.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Speaking of 1070 problems, does anyone else get random freezing/stuttering during drone phase? I've had it forever and only recently had it happen to me during one during attack phase.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Noticed that the Frost charm from the recent challenge is gone. Not particularly heartbroken, but why release it right before taking it away?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they are optimizing the poly count for more healthy frame rates

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/ukibc

Pubbies are great.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Since the start of the season it seems match making is either nearly instant or like 5 minutes, nothing in between. Also you have a nonzero chance of having your squad split off and placed in multiple matches for no reason.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odlARIqnePg

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm glad this game regularly resets ranks because when the que is active it is really quite fun win or lose

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

This made me angry so many times.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

This made me angry so many times.
Anything on stricter leave penalties in the pipeline?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

All I have is a black screen with sound. Is this the joke or is Youtube borking up?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

All I have is a black screen with sound. Is this the joke or is Youtube borking up?

Sounds like a Yourtube problem.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/GrimyConcernedIbis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEpGrDMnGS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

GOTY

• Locked thread