Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Excuse you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

El Burbo posted:

Stands are all well and good but is there a device that lets me do this?

I would very much like to know

Search for "tablet gooseneck mount". Doing this is apparently popular enough for thousands of products to exist.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Stands are all well and good but is there a device that lets me do this?

I would very much like to know

I believe those are glasses

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

CatQuest looks legitimately kinda fun, but there's no way I will ever by a cat themed game. Especially one called CatQuest.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ok finally stopped playing Zelda to put the horizon zero dawn disc in after two months since buying it

Took thirty minutes to do the updates

Then started playing

gently caress I miss Zelda and games that treat me like an adult rather than the guy cueing up the next story cutscene.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
To people with Diagaea 5 how interesting is the post-game? The last Disgaea game (I can't remember which one) I played had a terrrrrrrrible postgame that was just spamming a single level endlessly, jacking up the difficulty then spamming it level some more. Is this one of the better Disgaea postgames where you actually have to interact with all of the different systems to break them rather than just grinding a single stage?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pierson posted:

To people with Diagaea 5 how interesting is the post-game? The last Disgaea game (I can't remember which one) I played had a terrrrrrrrible postgame that was just spamming a single level endlessly, jacking up the difficulty then spamming it level some more. Is this one of the better Disgaea postgames where you actually have to interact with all of the different systems to break them rather than just grinding a single stage?

Haven't got there yet, but it seems like the player is encouraged to do more than just level. The item world/innocent farming is important, capturing prisoners and interrogation is important for creating permanent stat increasing items, and then you've got your usual stage grinding on top of all that if you want to go that route.

Formatting on this site is stupid, but this has more info:

http://www.gamerguides.com/disgaea-5-alliance-of-vengeance/walkthrough/postgame-walkthrough

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pierson posted:

There's always a level up stupid quick from 1 to 9999 in plays map, good news is that leveling up and reincarnating seems very diminished compared to leveling up items. I've always ignored these and just leveled up in the item world because that is way more fun. If you find something bad and boring don't do it. No one is forcing you to do it the easy way, you can still just grind up in randomly generated item world maps with me. It might take longer to do Pringer-X and Prinny Baal stuff but I've never hit any of that and enjoyed every Disgaea game as they came out. Due to the games building mechanically and refining everything there isn't much point in playing an older title unless you want to mess around with something that was cut away because it was too tedious or just universally hated.

I think it was 4 that had the reverse pirating that had a really bad post game because you had to go to grind for statistician and only got 1 or 2 levels at a time for reaching 50 floors deep into an item world. But if you kept with the unpatched version there was a stupidly easy duplication exploit making it the quickest one to complete the end game since you just sold an to a vendor then previewed the item and pressed purchase from the preview screen and should buy unlimited copies of an item innocents and all.

If you are finding leveling a bit long use the cheat shop to increase gains of XP to 1000% while getting nothing else or get a bit less than 1000 and get some mana or hell or whatever else you want at the same time. Also make sure you have a level 900 statistician for the 900% increased XP, the ones for hell and mana are pretty useful to cap out too, and unlike early games the hard cap is 1 stack of them not some arbitrary limitation. (I seem to remember one the max stack size was 500 but the max benefit was 4900)

Basically if you are using a grind map and not going 1-9999 in only a few plays you are doing it too early and are missing something to break the game and aren't even doing it optimally.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
This thread told me I could put a glass screen protector on myself. This thread was wrong. :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mace Bacon posted:

This thread told me I could put a glass screen protector on myself. This thread was wrong. :(

The thing that'll really cool your noodle is... you don't even need a protector.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mace Bacon posted:

Why would you put it in yourself, skin is fairly good at self healing from scratches and gouges

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently sf2 is bad what a shame. Performance problems too I hear

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'd rather have a scratched screen than a screen protector. I find a slight scratch/multiple slight scratches less distracting.

Also why my phone is naked and dented.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cithen posted:

CatQuest looks legitimately kinda fun, but there's no way I will ever by a cat themed game. Especially one called CatQuest.

That's fine and all but when they bring phone games over it better not cost anymore than it does on the phone.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Empress Brosephine posted:

Apparently sf2 is bad what a shame. Performance problems too I hear

Oh, so it's good and runs perfectly? Thanks for the heads up!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Only if someone else does the combat system because WoFF's combat was terrible and p a i n f u l l y s l o w.

I played the entire game with the high speed button held down.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Uh why do I need a stand when my Nintendo Switch Entertainment System already has that little kickstand?

Adjusts the angle better, especially for multiplayer, and let's you charge.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Empress Brosephine posted:

Apparently sf2 is bad
That's not news, it's been bad for 20 years. :roflolmao:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

EpicNemesis posted:

I'd rather have a scratched screen than a screen protector. I find a slight scratch/multiple slight scratches less distracting.

Also why my phone is naked and dented.

I did not know that tempered glass screen protectors were a thing before the Switch or I would've been putting them on my phone. The plastic film ones are garbage but I love the way the glass one makes my Switch feel a lot more like a nice phone and not a cheap grocery store checkout pad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Nephzinho posted:

I played the entire game with the high speed button held down.

Adjusts the angle better, especially for multiplayer, and let's you charge.

And I don't have to hunch over my kitchen table/work desk/coworker's desk when I'm schooling them in Kart.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

pixaal posted:

There's always a level up stupid quick from 1 to 9999 in plays map, good news is that leveling up and reincarnating seems very diminished compared to leveling up items. I've always ignored these and just leveled up in the item world because that is way more fun. If you find something bad and boring don't do it. No one is forcing you to do it the easy way, you can still just grind up in randomly generated item world maps with me. It might take longer to do Pringer-X and Prinny Baal stuff but I've never hit any of that and enjoyed every Disgaea game as they came out. Due to the games building mechanically and refining everything there isn't much point in playing an older title unless you want to mess around with something that was cut away because it was too tedious or just universally hated.

I think it was 4 that had the reverse pirating that had a really bad post game because you had to go to grind for statistician and only got 1 or 2 levels at a time for reaching 50 floors deep into an item world. But if you kept with the unpatched version there was a stupidly easy duplication exploit making it the quickest one to complete the end game since you just sold an to a vendor then previewed the item and pressed purchase from the preview screen and should buy unlimited copies of an item innocents and all.

If you are finding leveling a bit long use the cheat shop to increase gains of XP to 1000% while getting nothing else or get a bit less than 1000 and get some mana or hell or whatever else you want at the same time. Also make sure you have a level 900 statistician for the 900% increased XP, the ones for hell and mana are pretty useful to cap out too, and unlike early games the hard cap is 1 stack of them not some arbitrary limitation. (I seem to remember one the max stack size was 500 but the max benefit was 4900)

Basically if you are using a grind map and not going 1-9999 in only a few plays you are doing it too early and are missing something to break the game and aren't even doing it optimally.
Four was the demon school setting right? Yeah that's the one I had I think, it was dull as poo poo. I'll check out 5 Complete though, I don't have a problem with grinding (can't really, if you want to enjoy Disgaea) but it should be fun at least. :v:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Beastie posted:

And I don't have to hunch over my kitchen table/work desk/coworker's desk when I'm schooling them in Kart.

At this point the majority of my switch time hasn't been handheld or docked, its been in the stand at my desk.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pierson posted:

Four was the demon school setting right? Yeah that's the one I had I think, it was dull as poo poo. I'll check out 5 Complete though, I don't have a problem with grinding (can't really, if you want to enjoy Disgaea) but it should be fun at least. :v:

That was 3, and 3 was trying to figure out what to do with the post game. 4 the main character is a vampire and the secondary character is a werewolf that is in love with him but he doesn't get it. 4 is much better than 3, and D2 introduced the cheatshop which opens up a ton.

I never actually played the post game in 3 since I just got to the post game when 4 was released and said gently caress it and went right into 4. Mostly because PS3 was so expensive at launch and I put off getting one for so long.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Calaveron posted:

Why would you put it in yourself, skin is fairly good at self healing from scratches and gouges

This is me, irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMgfsF6lqgs

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Trip report:

The new fire emblem somehow manages to not suck poo poo, and may in fact be good. So far zero dragons have been hosed and zero father figures have died. (1 actual dad dies though lmao but it's off screen.)

What the poo poo is happening??? Everything I ever thought I knew has been turned upside down.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Samsung owners, they announced an update that will solve the sleep mode input thingy. Should be out early this summer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/25/samsung-tvs-to-fix-nintendo-switch-hdmi-problem

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
new Fire Emblem is based on an old game from before the law saying all parental figures must die and all dragons must be boned was passed so it got made on a technicality I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

Trip report:

The new fire emblem somehow manages to not suck poo poo, and may in fact be good. So far zero dragons have been hosed and zero father figures have died. (1 actual dad dies though lmao but it's off screen.)

What the poo poo is happening??? Everything I ever thought I knew has been turned upside down.

I see you like strategy games where map design is nonexistent and maps are either featureless plains or giant chokepoints.

(The game is alright)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Pierson posted:

new Fire Emblem is based on an old game from before the law saying all parental figures must die and all dragons must be boned was passed so it got made on a technicality I guess.

Well to be fair I haven't seen the Amiibo dungeons or the DLC yet so there's still a chance for Alm to bone a dragon princess.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
CatQuest looks fun and I like the overworld combat and art style. I might even enjoy the cat puns and I am Team Dog 4 Life.

It will really depend on the reports of game size and depth vs price.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/867666571459665920
https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/867666582025023488

HoriHurry Arcade Stick and Pro Controller launching in July

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI52LBhjjgk&t=18s

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Andrast posted:

I see you like strategy games where map design is nonexistent and maps are either featureless plains or giant chokepoints.

(The game is alright)

I wish the maps were featureless.

gently caress deserts. gently caress swamps. gently caress them both forever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I wish the maps were featureless.

gently caress deserts. gently caress swamps. gently caress them both forever.

Oh right. gently caress them.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Speaking of strategy games, any idea when either of those advance wars like games will be released for the switch?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

(The game is alright)

Eh just the ability to say 'gently caress you game, re-roll!' whenever one of my dudes eats that 1% crit and gets gibbed makes it better than 95% of the series. It's happened 3 times now and I'm on chapter 3 with no actual game-overs or restarts.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Thanks, you just saved me from buying a regular Pro controller!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm still waiting to hear more about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwi1bqXzTc

treiz01 posted:

The music and animations are simply gorgeous

I believe their controller is priced at around $40USD

The arcade stick is $200USD so pretty expensive

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why are all arcade sticks so expensive? Just because of the niche market? It seems like they have less components in general, bulky plastic or metal casings aside.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

treiz01 posted:

Really? That dpad looks like it would be miles worse than the pro controller.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey the full song is available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcjgzse94qI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why are all arcade sticks so expensive? Just because of the niche market? It seems like they have less components in general.

The switches aren't cheap and the market is willing to pay a premium. There's a lot of how-to's online about building your own.

• Locked thread