Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Like most Wonder Woman villains, and arguably even Wonder Woman herself, Cheetah is potentially really cool but rarely gets a consistent enough treatment to shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Like most Wonder Woman villains, and arguably even Wonder Woman herself, Cheetah is potentially really cool but rarely gets a consistent enough treatment to shine.

Rucka did a fairly good job with making at least the pre-Cheetah archeologist lady interesting in Wonder Woman: Year One.

Also, I think I mentioned it in another thread, but I really like some of the small details in Injustice 2, like Harley's deafault jacket now including the Bat symbol which is a neat way to show she's basically the only other member of the Bat-family at this point.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 25, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Darkseid is not really a superman villain as much as a DC villain. He has messed with a lot of heroes, and tends to be the big villain of all New Gods stuff that Superman is not even involved in. The ones against Superman just tends to stand out more because of how famous he is.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
What would happen if you put kryptonite on supermans toilet roll? Would he die of arse kryptonite problems?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What would happen if you put kryptonite on supermans toilet roll? Would he die of arse kryptonite problems?

That depends if the kryptonite gets stuck in his buttcrack/rear end in a top hat.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Finished watching the Injustice 2 cinematics, and was surprised that there wasn't even any lip service paid to Harley, GA or BC after like 2/3 of the way through. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Diana was behind the Joker plot in the first game, she's just so unforgivably terrible.

Also, Firestorm's arcade ending: lol oops; I get the impression that the writers really hated Firestorm.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 25, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

pubic works project posted:

That depends if the kryptonite gets stuck in his buttcrack/rear end in a top hat.

Do kryptonians have buttholes? Asking for a friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw a documentary that confirmed they do.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Uhhh superman would know right away because he has to use his hands to wipe with the kryptonite, ergo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Zatanna could turn his rear end into a rabbit but not like a double-rabbit.

Dear Netherrealm, please make Zatanna DLC. I even have a new super move for you guys...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So just a heads up, if you joined a guild day one and then forgot all about it, you have to actually go to the guild page to get rewards.

I've had to sit through me receiving and then opening 53 mother boxes this morning

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really wish you didn't have to press a button after every fight because then I could just leave the endless multiverse fight running for grinding without getting distracted from browsing these cool forums

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TwoPair posted:

Dear Netherrealm, please make Zatanna DLC. I even have a new super move for you guys...

That was like her main power in that Justice League dungeon crawler nobody remembers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

That was like her main power in that Justice League dungeon crawler nobody remembers.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. This exists?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. This exists?

Justice league heroes for ps2. It was alright but had the misfortune of being released around Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It was made by Snowblind, the team that made the non MMO Everquest games for Sony.

The biggest sin they committed was limiting you to 2 characters/players and not letting you choose which ones most of the time. Outside of that it was just D.C. Themed Baldur's Gate (Dark Alliance, not the mainline games, though that would have been amazing).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Hey look, it's everyone's favorite Bat-child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzcSxa28p6A

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

good day for a bris posted:

Justice league heroes for ps2. It was alright but had the misfortune of being released around Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It was made by Snowblind, the team that made the non MMO Everquest games for Sony.

The biggest sin they committed was limiting you to 2 characters/players and not letting you choose which ones most of the time. Outside of that it was just D.C. Themed Baldur's Gate (Dark Alliance, not the mainline games, though that would have been amazing).

It was a great concept, just really poorly executed. It was like they rushed the game to cash in on that Ultimate Alliance money.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

pubic works project posted:

It was a great concept, just really poorly executed. It was like they rushed the game to cash in on that Ultimate Alliance money.

IIRC, the Snowblind engine was very easy to use and a lot of studios rushed to use it to put out licensed/tie-in games, like The Bard's Tale, Champions of Norrath, and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. JLH's biggest problem is that it's one of the last games in that particular wave.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Hey look, it's everyone's favorite Bat-child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzcSxa28p6A

All I could think of while watching this was MvC2 Deadpool going "Bang! Bangbangbang! Bangbangbangbang!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty happy the new Marvel Lego game is Super Hereos not Avengers. I liked Lego Avengers, but having a completely unique plot and the dialog isn't just taken from the movies is just so much better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I'm pretty happy the new Marvel Lego game is Super Hereos not Avengers. I liked Lego Avengers, but having a completely unique plot and the dialog isn't just taken from the movies is just so much better.

Looking like still no mutants though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Looking like still no mutants though.

God drat it Wanda.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me i bought injustice. Anyone want to beat up on a scrub tier player I'm soonmot on ps4

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Someone on NeoGAF leaked what is supposedly the starting roster of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. This guy has leaked out legitimate info in the past (including the existence of a new MvC game altogether), but take it with a grain of salt regardless.

quote:

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

He also said Venom would be one of the DLC characters.

A little disappointing if true. It's a smaller roster than MvC3 launched with despite seemingly re-using a lot of assets from that game. At least Nova is making a comeback, I guess. :unsmith:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 31, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't believe they're putting Nick Spencer in the game.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

27 characters, 4 women. Fairly lol.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If that's real, then that's just about the lamest they could have gone with.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Snoozeville! Population: that roster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Phoenix Wright/Squirrel Girl main remains in my heart.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wake me up when Capcom releases a new Phoenix Wright game. That and MonHun are all they're good for. (RE7 was pretty good ill admit)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I've been spending my lunch watching Injustice 2 Power Girl fight intros, and the actress they picked is perfect.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So is this Nova gonna be the Glenn Close one or the John C Reilly one? Because I'll take either.

Edit: I will also accept Scott Adsit from Deadpool.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wake me up when Capcom releases a new Phoenix Wright game. That and MonHun are all they're good for. (RE7 was pretty good ill admit)

Spirit of Justice was just last year. There's another one coming out this year, but we won't get it because it's the sequel to the one set in the Meiji period

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 31, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sesq posted:

So is this Nova gonna be the Glenn Close one or the John C Reilly one? Because I'll take either.

Edit: I will also accept Scott Adsit from Deadpool.

I would assume it's either Richard Rider or Sam whatever-his-last-name-is. It was Rider in MvC3

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

I've been spending my lunch watching Injustice 2 Power Girl fight intros, and the actress they picked is perfect.

I like the variation of Supergirl's quick-change intro where Karen's wearing a business suit instead of Kara's sweater and blouse from the TV show.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is there any way I can let player two use all my poo poo in Injustice? Because it sucks having all my custom skins limited to player one when I play on the couch with people (my wife is jealous of my catwoman outfit)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

redbackground posted:

You need to link these

And man, that roster is lame. There have been so many cool, interesting characters that have been brought to the forefront recently in Marvel, that having such a repeated roster is just lame.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

You need to link these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRJE2jzkgE

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 1, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Goshdang I hate the stupid voice reverb effects a lot of these characters have, like Darkseid, Mr. Fate and Scarecrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jeffry Combs was such a great pick for Brainiac, he really nails it