Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Hammerstein posted:

I started playing this last week, but very casually. Only bought the newbie pack and a small currency pack, they really throw a lot of free stuff at you. I completely missed that there is a SA thread, so I'm probably too deep in for re-rolling now.

Would someone be so kind to take a short glance at my roster and tell me who to use for xp and who to keep ? I checked out the tier lists on various sites, but a lot of the stuff is still meta-babble to me and it's gonna be a while til I speak fluently jargon.

Your NRG makes me want to kill myself.

edit: Cecil, ExDeath, Zyrus, Firion, Bartz, Terra, Setzer, and Xon are your best characters, you probably want to concentrate on maxing them first.

As far as party comp goes, you'd probably want Cecil/Firion/Setzer/Xon/Healer. I guess. You don't seem to have solid healer at all though, Garnet, Krile, or Fina would work until you pull one. You also have the makings of a decent enough mage team with ExDeath, Terra, Rydia, Kefka

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
All I can see is 243/21 and panicking.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

McSpankWich posted:

Your NRG makes me want to kill myself.

edit: Cecil, ExDeath, Zyrus, Firion, Bartz, Terra, Setzer, and Xon are your best characters, you probably want to concentrate on maxing them first.

As far as party comp goes, you'd probably want Cecil/Firion/Setzer/Xon/Healer. I guess. You don't seem to have solid healer at all though, Garnet, Krile, or Fina would work until you pull one. You also have the makings of a decent enough mage team with ExDeath, Terra, Rydia, Kefka

Terra should be able to pinch hit as a healer until he gets a good one.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Thanks for the input, gonna work towards these goals now.

I got a ton of free energy on my first day (from various new player rewards it seems) and am barely past the port city, which is why I'm still sitting on so much.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for the input, gonna work towards these goals now.

I got a ton of free energy on my first day (from various new player rewards it seems) and am barely past the port city, which is why I'm still sitting on so much.

Yeah, it takes a while to burn through the new player energy. It was such a shock for me when I actually had to stop doing stuff.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hammerstein posted:

I started playing this last week, but very casually. Only bought the newbie pack and a small currency pack, they really throw a lot of free stuff at you. I completely missed that there is a SA thread, so I'm probably too deep in for re-rolling now.

Would someone be so kind to take a short glance at my roster and tell me who to use for xp and who to keep ? I checked out the tier lists on various sites, but a lot of the stuff is still meta-babble to me and it's gonna be a while til I speak fluently jargon.

It might not seem like it's worth it, but you're really not too far gone to reroll. I really can't stress the importance of having a base 5* unit.

Cecil, ExDeath, Zyrus, Firion, Bartz, Terra, Setzer, and Xon are fine but none of them pack a punch on their own.

If nothing else then just play the game for a while, don't spend any cash on it. If you like it, wait for the FF12 Banner then reroll for Tidus.

KDdidit posted:

Anything of note on the new continent yet?

Flame Shield recipe, aurora key for beast killer...guess that's about it for now.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's a unit rankings list that'll help give a quick rundown of characters. Otherwise follow McSpankWich's suggestion for who to level. I'd suggest Krile for a healer until you can get a better one, since she's only max 5* she doesn't have the stats for endgame healing but she does have dual cast and curaja which is a great combination. I'd also suggest working on Rain, he levels super quick and at 6* he can get a Full Break / Undermine (reduce all enemy stats by 30%) which is really good to have. Setzer is good too, his Dice attack has a 1/5 chance of just doing 77,777 damage (plus whatever chains or *-killers you can apply).

If you think about using crappy units for exp I'd suggest keeping Rydia. Her limit break fills up the esper gauge a good bit and it helps a ton when doing challenges for summoning espers. Also check what the Trust Mastery (the thing at the bottom of a character's stat sheet) is for each unit before tossing them, some characters have really good TMs that you want to feed moogles to. Anzelm is a trash tier unit in every way and his TM is something you can just craft but Zidane is also a trash unit but his TM is one of the best in the game for example.

Also add some friend slots and post your friend code here! Get some goon pals with super OP units and use 'em to help power through content. Just change your friend message to something goony so we know you're from SA and not just some random pubbie. You can change it under Friends->Gifts and click on whatever the message is ("Let's Play Together" is the default iirc). Check the friend spreadsheet in the OP too for a list of goon friend codes too.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

At a glance I'd build my party out of Firion, Exdeath, Cecil, Lenna, and then you've got a few options for the fifth.

Maybe there was a better healer than Lenna in there but you can get a lot of utility out of cheer early on.

Edit: you know what, I forgot Terra has raise, use Terra instead of Lenna.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 25, 2017

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Palleon posted:

At a glance I'd build my party out of Firion, Exdeath, Cecil, Lenna, and then you've got a few options for the fifth.

Maybe there was a better healer than Lenna in there but you can get a lot of utility out of cheer early on.

Lenna was the best healer in the game for a few months early on. How far she has fallen...

:smith:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Lenna and Krile used to be top 5. Of course I also remember when CoD was up in the rankings for attack and buffs.

Lenna because of cheer

Krile because of dualcast

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
You should grab some goon friends and hit the hardest of the Raid difficulties you can. Get as many coins as you can and then do the raid summon and try to get as many Draco Spike & Gungnir moogles to combine with Zyrus/Kain as you're able to pull, then combine those with one of your Zyrus/Kain's until you get them to 100% Trust.

I'm not sure which difficulty of the King Mog event you can run but you should probably slam through that with your bonus units, too, and pick up all of the cheap 6* mats/gigantaurs/tickets that you can easily get.

FFBE is really annoying sometimes because there is almost never downtime from events, particularly as a new player. So you use all of your NRG running events and never make story progress, then another event comes up.

With that said I'd probably just run enough of the story to have enough lapis for a daily pull and then focus on the current Bahamut raid and events.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
What crysts are you guys picking up from the event? I don't have anyone super worthwhile to AA right now so I'm thinking I'll just pick up some Power and Tech crysts to hoard.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Speaking of the raid - the rankings seem to have corrected themselves. I was a little under 30k before the bots started, and I didn't spend very many orbs since out of apathy. Now I'm around 45k which seems about right.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

yeah sure, gently caress it i'll pay $12 for some TMR lapis, 5% moogle, and another Hope

It's worth noting that this bundle is flat out a good deal, period.

It's almost as if Gumi's finally learning to offer bundles that aren't hot garbage.

PaybackJack posted:

Guess we'll see if we get any extra compensation or not. I'd think so but they didn't say compensation was on the way. Personally I don't mind if we don't get compensation and they just manage to fix the rankings.

I was hovering around 10k before the bots. I'm not dropping under 12k now. RIP my extra summoning ticket.

Hammerstein posted:

I hope you've been using a bunch of whale friends to farm the Bahamut PRO (or ELT in some cases) raid so that you can get the mastery reward for those 3 Zyrus units you have because said TMs are amazing and the unit itself is pretty solid. A gungnir or two from those kains would be huge for you too. If you haven't, then you need to do so immediately and make the most of the rest of today (though I wouldn't burn lapis, even to grind out Bahamut ELT a bunch, but that's just me).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What crysts are you guys picking up from the event? I don't have anyone super worthwhile to AA right now so I'm thinking I'll just pick up some Power and Tech crysts to hoard.

I have Ramza so I'm going to try to grab the Support ones, and more Power ones.

edit: Also Tech for Gilgamesh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/enhancements

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 25, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Added myself fo the spreadsheet and gonna beg for wonderful virtual friendships soon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

I'm gonna tell you slightly different things than these other Goons because I'm a special iconoclast.

Although, the above advice to get as many Gugnirs and Draco Spikes as you can while the getting is good is excellent advice, and if you can get some loot from the King Mog event... it would be good, but as a starting player I would say to get through the single player and Colosseum till you have a bunch of good equipment.

Your team should be:

Actually, it's decent for right now.

Switch out either, Zyrus, Xon, or Setzer for Cecil, though.

Cecil will be your friend.

You will tune your strategy as you play. On Dirnado Island, you will see if you are right about your party composition or not. Bring Bar-Aeroga, put it on Cecil.

Post your friend code here, too, so we can add you and kick inactive players for you.

The wiki, at http://exvius.gamepedia.com/ is pretty good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Added myself fo the spreadsheet and gonna beg for wonderful virtual friendships soon.

Send me an invite and put something goony in your message like eat the eggs or BYOB sux, etc.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Send me an invite and put something goony in your message like eat the eggs or BYOB sux, etc.

How about "Sephiroth did nothing wrong".

Sent :dance:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I have Ramza so I'm going to try to grab the Support ones, and more Power ones.

edit: Also Tech for Gilgamesh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/enhancements

Are units with enhancements a sign that they get 6*? There's a few that afaik don't like the CC crew, Karl, and Krile but I don't follow JP at all besides what's said in this thread and I don't know where to go to check for myself. Enhancing 5* max characters feels like polishing a turd but I guess That's Gumi.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

How about "Sephiroth did nothing wrong".

Sent :dance:

Gotcha. My Marie won't be too useful at your lower levels, but she can dualcast cura if you need a healer for a hard boss. I may switch back to Olive though and she brings the KABOOM.

Make sure you level Rain up to six stars if at all possible. There is a hard boss fight on the fourth island and you can't bring a friend. His undermine skill makes it trivial.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Hit me up at 103,135,071.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I also added myself to the friend list. I've been slumming it up trying to farm ADV Bahamut instead of PRO or ELT, and I wish for whale friends to carry me.

ID is 376,093,376

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I bought that one time gladiator's gold chest. Should I spend my tickets on a specific banner if I want a decent healer ?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

I bought that one time gladiator's gold chest. Should I spend my tickets on a specific banner if I want a decent healer ?

Dragon banner isn't horrible, but you should wait. The games one year anniversary is upcoming and there are expected to be throwback banners or players choice type stuff. You can probably score some good units then. Continue to 1/2 pull though each day.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

CyberLord XP posted:

My Firion can solo this.

Guard for the first Megaflare, Drain blade until he's dead. Takes about 5 minutes. ID is 321,020,638 put goon stuff in your message and drop me once you're done.

New people, friend me. Kill trial Bahamut. Reap the sweet rewards.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

Are units with enhancements a sign that they get 6*? There's a few that afaik don't like the CC crew, Karl, and Krile but I don't follow JP at all besides what's said in this thread and I don't know where to go to check for myself. Enhancing 5* max characters feels like polishing a turd but I guess That's Gumi.

There are quite a few characters that don't have a 6* form, or at least haven't yet, with Enhancements.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mystery Prize posted:

I also added myself to the friend list. I've been slumming it up trying to farm ADV Bahamut instead of PRO or ELT, and I wish for whale friends to carry me.

ID is 376,093,376

I removed two randos and sent you and Hammerstein requests. Enjoy the Rem, she's the best red mage in the game right now. Healing and damage galore. Everything a newer player needs.

I need a full list so my TM grinding macro works properly. Anyone else want me to add, please post here as well as the sheet, I look here way more than I check the sheet.

Cartoon Man posted:

Dragon banner isn't horrible, but you should wait. The games one year anniversary is upcoming and there are expected to be throwback banners or players choice type stuff. You can probably score some good units then. Continue to 1/2 pull though each day.

1/2 price pulls will eventually bet you some a great team.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If we're lucky there'll be another FF14 event when it's expansion comes out next month and there's another chance to get Y'shtola. She's a good 5* base healer with dual cast and last time you could get her via a raid event like Bahamut.

PaybackJack posted:

There are quite a few characters that don't have a 6* form, or at least haven't yet, with Enhancements.

Good point, should've thought of who GL already had with enhancements but not 6* like Kuja (or hell Krile, totally forgot she already got hers). Thanks :downs:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Just sent you a request. That's gonna be some sweet revenge for megaflaring my newbie team when I was bumbling around without a clue.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget to join us in the Discord:
https://discord.gg/Jx9b6Rt

It's basically like this: :gooncamp: all day long.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Already hanging out in Discord.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Has the game been hosed for anyone else since the update? I keep getting stuck at the download screen before the app crashes, and even if I can get in, the Vortex list is empty and I get a crash if I try to check the cash shop. Sent a support request to SE, but that was two hours ago and I haven't gotten so much as a confirmation that they received it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Has the game been hosed for anyone else since the update? I keep getting stuck at the download screen before the app crashes, and even if I can get in, the Vortex list is empty and I get a crash if I try to check the cash shop. Sent a support request to SE, but that was two hours ago and I haven't gotten so much as a confirmation that they received it.

I'd reinstall it. Sounds like something might have gotten corrupted.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

It's not unusual but it is rare. Go to the title screen and redownload the data.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I removed two randos and sent you and Hammerstein requests. Enjoy the Rem, she's the best red mage in the game right now. Healing and damage galore. Everything a newer player needs.

I need a full list so my TM grinding macro works properly. Anyone else want me to add, please post here as well as the sheet, I look here way more than I check the sheet.
Thanks!

Edit: Jesus gently caress, Scrublord Prime's Trance Terra just mopped the floor with PRO Bahamut in one round. 800 coins per raid instead of 450 here I come!

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 25, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mystery Prize posted:

Thanks!

Edit: Jesus gently caress, Scrublord Prime's Trance Terra just mopped the floor with PRO Bahamut in one round. 800 coins per raid instead of 450 here I come!

Make you wish you didn't have to wait 3-4 hours for friends to respawn.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I haven't verified it, but you can pretty much guarantee all the dozen+ 1000+ atk goon Olives on the friend list can 2 round him on PRO, which will kill him before he can megaflare. Shattering shot round 1 and he charges megaflare, true shot round 2, dead.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Thanks for this, got the tickets.

Was a bit of a close call when he pooped Maelstrom at me and got your Firion down to 57 HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for this, got the tickets.

Was a bit of a close call when he pooped Maelstrom at me and got your Firion down to 57 HP.

Maelstrom leaves you with 1% life, so it's always scary but never deadly.

• Locked thread