Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
although this will always rank in my top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyowVlZsBow
miss that Mark Jackson defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm flummoxed that, beyond all of the insane and terrible derrick rose stuff, why anyone would want derrick rose in 2017, rose's entire game was based on him being a freak athlete who could get to the rim whenever he wanted, his entire value hinged on him having knees and now he doesn't have knees and hasn't compensated for it in anyway, just a kneeless man going around pretending like he still has knees, the parable should not be about emperors and clothes but about derrick rose and knees: when only a small child can recognize that derrick rose has no knees and also no jump shot and can't play defense and points that out to everyone and the only ones pure enough of heart to still see knees in the gaping cavity where human knees should go are joakim noah and tom thibodeau, who will die trying to get derrick to have knees again by screaming at him

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm flummoxed that, beyond all of the insane and terrible derrick rose stuff, why anyone would want derrick rose in 2017, rose's entire game was based on him being a freak athlete who could get to the rim whenever he wanted, his entire value hinged on him having knees and now he doesn't have knees and hasn't compensated for it in anyway, just a kneeless man going around pretending like he still has knees, the parable should not be about emperors and clothes but about derrick rose and knees: when only a small child can recognize that derrick rose has no knees and also no jump shot and can't play defense and points that out to everyone and the only ones pure enough of heart to still see knees in the gaping cavity where human knees should go are joakim noah and tom thibodeau, who will die trying to get derrick to have knees again by screaming at him

Someone is going to sign him and I hope it's not any team I like.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Ghost Dog posted:

manu ginobli dunked the heat dynasty apart at the tender age of two hundred and forty six

not only that, but he banished the goblin king Ray Allen to retirement for all eternity with that dunk. This was also the last postseason of Bosh's career, which is surreal in hindsight that he went out gettin yammed on by Manu, but then again, no shame in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDa5dpHzvTY

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Derriliqte is still an asset, just a peculiar one.
He's a below sub replacement level pg play at a high price, he's a former MVP, and people know his name.
If you're a GM of a team in a major market and you're trying to rebuild, his stupid contract and total lack of talent are just the sort of space fillers you need to make your team worse while confusing casual fans about the lack ofsuccess with this MVP on the team.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 25, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm kind of surprised Thibs would want him since he was one of the worst defenders in basketball last year.

I'm guessing someone gives him a Rondo type deal. 2 years, $20-$24 million with the second year being partially guaranteed.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im never going to be satisfied until derrick rose is stripped of his mvp and its given to lebron

i want a full ceremony and drose has to be there bring the trophy too, idiot

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Derrick Rose is better than Evan Turner and by that math is worth at least 20 million

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Rose scores 18ppg, you guys really undervalue what that takes.

He's got mental problems for sure, and is not what he once was, but if you can channel his little mind into doing what you want, he belongs in the NBA. 18ppg.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's a below sub replacement level pg play at a high price, he's a former MVP, and people know his name.
If you're a GM of a team in a major market and you're trying to rebuild, his stupid contract and total lack of talent are just the sort of space fillers you need to make your team worse while confusing casual fans about the lack ofsuccess with this MVP on the team.

that explains part of why NY traded for him but Minny and certainly not SA fit that description right now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think if Rose embraced a role off the bench he could still have a role on a good team. He abandoned the three, which he needed to do, and had a better offensive season than he's had in a while because of it. Like he wouldn't work in Houston but there are a lot of teams that could use a guy to just come in and attack the basket for 10-18 minutes a night.

Problem is he has been reluctant to accept such roles in the past.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anyway any rose-spurs rumors sound so uncharacteristically dumb for the team that im not really worried of that happening short of a minimum deal after they cap out or pop having discovered an occult ritual that focuses negative knee energies towards opponents and only needing a particularly powerful source to harness

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 25, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin posted:

although this will always rank in my top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyowVlZsBow
miss that Mark Jackson defense

that really is a beautiful play

the way boris fakes the second screen on barnes to get jack to switch, never sets it so barnes continues to chase, and then dives down the lane to force ginobili's man onto him worked so perfectly

really cool to watch

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

attackmole posted:

Finally dibsed this avatar. I like it.

If someone else already changed theirs to it I'm gonna feel real embarrassed.

you fucker!!!!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

PER-17, WS/48=0.068 is not sub replacement level (replacement level is basically a little better than D-League), but he is a limited player right now. Especially with the injury concerns. When you have to completely remake your lineups because a guy goes down it drags on the team for the time it takes to figure that out.

Rick posted:

I think if Rose embraced a role off the bench he could still have a role on a good team. He abandoned the three, which he needed to do, and had a better offensive season than he's had in a while because of it. Like he wouldn't work in Houston but there are a lot of teams that could use a guy to just come in and attack the basket for 10-18 minutes a night.

Yeah, this is it right here. A team like the Spurs could probably do something with him off the bench. Or any team that needs someone to spark an offense with lane penetration. Timberwolves are an odd choice because getting into the lane is one of the things they already do well. Maybe Memphis if they get another shooter and Parsons gets a new body?

He's still an NBA player, but his role should be a lot more limited. I'm not sure if he is on board with that or not yet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All these teams interested in Rose and the Knicks couldn't get a single thing for him before the trade deadline.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Is it possible Rose could be like Grant Hill, just turn into a solid guy everyone still loves to see play down the road? I haven't seen him tons through the years, but I feel like that dude's head is always somewhere else. Hill always gave me the impression he was working his rear end off just to be able to keep playing, I don't ever get that vibe from Rose.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Dude you don't come back from like 4 knee injuries unless you love basketball.

Talk about his play all you want. But its silly to think he hasn't worked his rear end off or that he doesn't care.

This dude had 3 major knee operations over the course of 3 years. Which is loving insane.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 25, 2017

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Oh poo poo didn't realize he had 3 in as many years. I like basketball but my in depth knowledge is lacking.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

It's the best account on twitter, imo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Is it possible Rose could be like Grant Hill, just turn into a solid guy everyone still loves to see play down the road? I haven't seen him tons through the years, but I feel like that dude's head is always somewhere else. Hill always gave me the impression he was working his rear end off just to be able to keep playing, I don't ever get that vibe from Rose.

You backed off it, but everyone who's played with Rose talks about how much that guy works, and his coaches tend to love him (as evidenced by Thibs showing interest). I agree he is an air-head, but his brain is basically is stuck on basketball and he works hard on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Didn't he randomly leave the team multiple times without telling anyone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think he had some family emergency with his kids.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

It was once. And yeah that was a massive mistake that can't really be defended. He could have sent a text or something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wrong thread

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Once with a family emergency involving his mother that the coach and organization immediately said they understood and said they were fine with him leaving but he should have let them know. There was no discipline and he started the next game.

So yeah, he's an airhead for not saying anything for sure, Rose is dumb as rocks. But it's not like he was partying in Vegas or anything.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mandrel posted:

Aside from that they played each other in the finals before and Durant got run the gently caress over, pretty sure both LeBron and Durant know they're not on the same level. As evidenced by the team Durant's on. No other single player in history has ever inspired so much fear that a franchise felt it necessary to assemble a loving All-NBA team to feel ok about challenging him again

Were you in a coma for like 5 years or what even happened here I'm confused.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Derrick Rose is also a loving rapist, so there's that

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/867419925874388992

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Rick posted:

So he has never embraced the only role his present limitations would fit him into, but he can have that role on an NBA team, which he will never accept.

e:
Re: above ^^^
I thought Bosh was medically retiring is he actually considering playing somewhere next season? Isn't that kind of insane given his medical condition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Under the current and old CBA, if Bosh played for another team for like 25 games, his salary would be dumped back into the Heat's cap. Under the new CBA, nothing Bosh does after they separate will affect the Heat.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

roundmidnight posted:

Derrick Rose is also a loving rapist, so there's that

He's scummy as hell, but not a rapist.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Libertine posted:

So he has never embraced the only role his present limitations would fit him into, but he can have that role on an NBA team, which he will never accept.

e:
Re: above ^^^
I thought Bosh was medically retiring is he actually considering playing somewhere next season? Isn't that kind of insane given his medical condition.

Apparently. I find it hard to believe a team's medical personnel would clear him though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chris Bosh is definitely coming to the Bulls, the medical staff will clear him for a game he shouldn't be playing in, he collapses on the court, Rondo nudges aside his lifeless body on his way to yell at Hoiberg

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

xbilkis posted:

Chris Bosh is definitely coming to the Bulls, the medical staff will clear him for a game he shouldn't be playing in, he collapses on the court, Rondo nudges aside his lifeless body on his way to yell at Hoiberg

Later that evening Rondo tries to beef with Bosh on instagram. "My vets didn't have blood clots"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The great ones tell their blood clots not today

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

He's never had to embrace that role.

What NBA player is literally going to say. "Hey coach, whooo am I fuuucking terrible as a starter, I'm completely washed please let me come off the bench for reduced minutes." Especially a player who has experienced being one of the best players in the league like Rose has.

At least give the dude the chance to either embrace it or go full AI.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TBeats posted:

The great ones tell their blood clots not today

Here's an issue: Stop the bloodclaat crying, the Heat, Chris Bosh, everyone dying, no lying

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaylen Brown and Crowder are both injured and questionable to play so tonight might be the most lopsided victory in the history of the world unless Lebron's tum-tum is still all queasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i remember crowder falling and getting hurt and playing through it but i choose to believe hes in an existential crisis over that kyrie ball fake

• Locked thread