Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If I knew the money would contribute to the forums I'd donate. I donate here every time Lowtax posts the link. But man I can't bring myself to watch other people play a video game unless it's to overcome a part of one that has me stuck.

Make a SA patreon, Lowtax. Also sell merch I can buy. I'd prolly buy a hat with the grenade on it and maybe a T-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey everybody, it's Lowtax and that other guy. It's March 15th, 2028 and today on Gaming Garbage we're gonna play this hot new game all the kids are talking about: Five Nights at Freddy's!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
even 3 olives has more subscribers on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5GyNDMPdlg

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Hello, goons, it's your boy lowtax here, and today I'm going to review some of my favourite fidget spinners. Let's get to it!

MO Beast here

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

jfc lowtax is possibly the worst businessman on the planet, how has this lovely site survived for 18 years?

IWC reregs?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bradzilla posted:

MO Beast here

If Lowtax started doing eating challenges voted on by GBS I'd throw in a dollar.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

That's exactly how I imagine him though lol

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

gary oldmans diary posted:

not sure if this is a joke post or not tbh

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
You can feel the goon seeping through. Gotta be the three-o

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

well why not posted:

Put in more effort basically. Be creative and don't rely on 'lol look at how poo poo this is' for the entirety of your content.

Lol come on man don't troll this thread that's mean

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

Put in more effort basically. Be creative and don't rely on 'lol look at how poo poo this is' for the entirety of your content. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyable.

I don't think you get lowtax's shtick 1999-present day

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
youtube should do him a solid and forcibly rename his channel, memes/trends from 5 years ago. I'd legit subscribe because old memes give me nostalgia trips.

He'd get a ton of views.

Like he said getting his logo on T shirts and selling it was a lot of work. Yea maybe in 2000. Today you send the jpg over, post the link in an announcement thread, and collect the cash.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Luxury Communism posted:

I don't think you get lowtax's shtick 1999-present day

More like 2002-present. I'd say maybe a little later, but I think that's around when the forums started let's plays and he seems to have just discovered them

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

bradzilla posted:

jfc lowtax is possibly the worst businessman on the planet, how has this lovely site survived for 18 years?

very carefully

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
you know that lowtax wont see any of these ideas you are posting here

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

medical professional here who sees this stuff alot

ive seen some of his live action stuff and hes super high in a lot of them. No, not weed.

What do you do?

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

rear end posted:

What do you do?

lab stuff with a dash of ER work in a highly drug infested area

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hogge Wild posted:

you know that lowtax wont see any of these ideas you are posting here

You never know, he might. We'll know if he does if he bans everyone making fun of him.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can pitch all those cool ideas to lowtax at his patreon page. Just log in with your facebook account and leave a comment under his introductory post.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
can lowtax make another patreon where if we put money there he won't make videos

can he compete against him self

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/867750778068500481

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
that's really going to turn it around :laugh:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Best way to right a boat is to turn it into a submarine.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Exciting news for the thirteen patrons

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol, wait, lowtax is going to have videos only available to his patrons? Please, someone link this thread to him on Twitter. He seriously just doesn't quite understand how this newfangled money for nothing thing works. You upload your content as usual, but maybe patrons have access to videos earlier. Or they're invited to your super secret live streams where you do Q&A and search for new games. You don't just hide all your content behind pay wall. It's still going to be better than just YouTube ads, because I bet lowtax didn't event go through the trouble of joining a network, but it's​ the second worst way to do things if what you do is funny LPs. Why couldn't he ask slowbeef to help him out with this?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lmao, his Patreon is making less than his YouTube ads were.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Lol, wait, lowtax is going to have videos only available to his patrons? Please, someone link this thread to him on Twitter. He seriously just doesn't quite understand how this newfangled money for nothing thing works. You upload your content as usual, but maybe patrons have access to videos earlier. Or they're invited to your super secret live streams where you do Q&A and search for new games. You don't just hide all your content behind pay wall. It's still going to be better than just YouTube ads, because I bet lowtax didn't event go through the trouble of joining a network, but it's​ the second worst way to do things if what you do is funny LPs. Why couldn't he ask slowbeef to help him out with this?

All of the replies are telling him that but

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Well you see he wasn't making enough money from the YouTube ads so he's going to get rid of them entirely because the last thing you want is diversity in your revenue streams

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Does he need help coding the proprietary flash viewer to paywall his videos behind

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

emoji posted:

All of the replies are telling him that but

Nobody wanted to see them when they were free, why would he think charging money would change this?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lowtax should charge $1000 a month, then he'd only need one or two subscribers

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Who What Now posted:

lmao, his Patreon is making less than his YouTube ads were.

:(

I hate watching lowtax bumble around like an old man screaming at a world he doesn't understand anymore

Personally I'd love some let's plays from Lowtax involving games I actually know or would be interested in playing or even watching

I mean haha that game made by a 14 year old is very glitchy, heh, well that's 18 seconds of amusement, next

Making fun of these lovely first game attempts just feels like ehh...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Nobody wanted to see them when they were free, why would he think charging money would change this?

They are more exclusive now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Instead of making videos of himself playing video games, maybe get a skill or education or job. maybe HVAC training at your local community college?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

:(

I hate watching lowtax bumble around like an old man screaming at a world he doesn't understand anymore

Personally I'd love some let's plays from Lowtax involving games I actually know or would be interested in playing or even watching

Paying $20 on steam is a lot of overhead

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
I'm sure Slowbeef loves that the tax is just doing what retsupurae did years ago. And like dozens of other channels do.

Wheres your X factor Lowtax? Before it was the fact you had a deranged furry pedophile with a weird voice do games with you.

You need a new X factor or you need to kiss and make up with Schmorky.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

Instead of making videos of himself playing video games, maybe get a skill or education or job. maybe HVAC training at your local community college?

Dairy Queen pays like $14/hr and includes free Dairy Queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

emoji posted:

Dairy Queen pays like $14/hr and includes free Dairy Queen

Hmmm so a day and a half of work at Dairy Queen would net you more money than a month of YouTube revenue?

• Locked thread