Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Love it. Hope they throw it straight through al-Baghdadi's letterbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

TACD posted:

Somebody is going to have to explain to me the x–axis on this graph and/or the method that went into making it. Did they repeatedly grab 100,000 random people, find their obesity rate and ask them how they voted? Why not make the x-axis BMI instead of this nonintuitive measure?

The dots are probably local authorities.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

TACD posted:

Somebody is going to have to explain to me the x–axis on this graph and/or the method that went into making it. Did they repeatedly grab 100,000 random people, find their obesity rate and ask them how they voted? Why not make the x-axis BMI instead of this nonintuitive measure?

Presumably it's from constituency level data.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rakosi posted:

Judging by the British track-record in Syria, they'll drop it on a scorched patch of rock that used to be an oil-well until a massive American air-raid levelled it a month earlier, and nobody will read the shattered remains of their cheeky little message except the occasional incurious lizard.

Our bombing campaign has not exactly been a great moment in British military heroism.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

I believe as Autonomous said it's local authority by percentage of population with a BMI considered 'obese' or higher, vs. percentage tally of Leave vote in the referendum.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rakosi posted:

You're a loving idiot. Whatever you think about the morality of it, they are practically writing IS' propaganda for them, not to mention painting a giant bullseye on Manchester for future attacks.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

You're a loving idiot. Whatever you think about the morality of it, they are practically writing IS' propaganda for them, not to mention painting a giant bullseye on Manchester for future attacks.

He doesn't care, as long as some foreign people get murdered. Civilian? Terrorist? All good.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Tesseraction posted:

I believe as Autonomous said it's local authority by percentage of population with a BMI considered 'obese' or higher, vs. percentage tally of Leave vote in the referendum.

It's​ not really a surprise given that prevalence of ABC1s and mean income levels are decent predictors of both in a region.

How strong is the Gregg's density to leave votes correlation?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Tesseraction posted:

I suspect that tallies pretty much 1:1 with education level and poverty

e:f,b

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

TheRat posted:

Ugh, like you would've had the same concerns about this behavior back in the 40's. If they write a cheeky message and they drop it on an actual ISIS unit, then it is cool and good and funny.

What, you fascist bashers have got all shy all of a sudden?

Tesseraction posted:

He doesn't care, as long as some foreign people get murdered. Civilian? Terrorist? All good.

Yeah remember that time when I said I wanted them to just drop it on any brown person in ISIS controlled territory rather than one bad dude in particular? Oh wait that didn't happen.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Autonomous Monster posted:

The dots are probably local authorities.

Party Boat posted:

Presumably it's from constituency level data.
Ah, this makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Now I want to know more about the ten areas with obesity above 50 per 100,000 (and the one with zero obesity).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rakosi posted:

Yeah remember that time when I said I wanted them to just drop it on any brown person in ISIS controlled territory rather than one bad dude in particular? Oh wait that didn't happen.

Given your spherical brain it's really not hard to see how you actually feel.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ANTIFA seems really cool, almost as cool as if these people would join their community and politics to make an actual difference in life, but to each their own I suppose.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Do it ironically posted:

ANTIFA seems really cool, almost as cool as if these people would join their community and politics to make an actual difference in life, but to each their own I suppose.

What makes you think they don't?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Miftan posted:

You see to become antifa you must enter a fifth plane of existence, unable to interact with this world in any shape or form except the fever dreams of gibbering morons who don't understand how communal organising works.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Miftan posted:

Oh I'm sorry I just thought that political intimidation backed by violence and bigotry was a fascist thing, and so ANTIFA would only do one or the other, I'm learning a lot today

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Learn how to stop posting in this thread. TIA.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Tesseraction posted:

Given your spherical brain it's really not hard to see how you actually feel.

Are you going to keep posting to tell me what I really think when I make a pretty clear comment, oval office? Your non-contributions and how they go ignored are the miracle of UKMT.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rakosi posted:

Are you going to keep posting to tell me what I really think when I make a pretty clear comment, oval office? Your non-contributions and how they go ignored are the miracle of UKMT.

Being fair, when it's replying to you it's hard to make anything of worth with so little starting material. Maybe if you tried posting better?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

TACD posted:

Ah, this makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Now I want to know more about the ten areas with obesity above 50 per 100,000 (and the one with zero obesity).

Given adult obesity rates in some areas are around 35% which would be 35,000 per 100,000 I think someone's messed up a bit on the x axis. If obesity rates topped out at 120 per 100k / 0.12% we'd be the fittest developed nation by a long way.

The zero one is probably "data not held".

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

I really don't want to just call you a moron, so off the top of my head I know antifa who organise refugee aid, volunteer at foodbanks, work in domestic violence shelters, and who are active in traditional politics like Labour and Momentum groups. I know some who organise local feminist and womens' rights events, some who are hunt saboteurs, and some who do work with local gig-economy workers on unionisation and labour rights issues.

You are a moron though, sorry.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

Oh I'm sorry I just thought that political intimidation backed by violence and bigotry was a fascist thing, and so ANTIFA would only do one or the other, I'm learning a lot today

Hahahahaha gently caress me

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Rakosi posted:

Shut your loving face, dickhead.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Oberleutnant posted:

I really don't want to just call you a moron, so off the top of my head I know antifa who organise refugee aid, volunteer at foodbanks, work in domestic violence shelters, and who are active in traditional politics like Labour and Momentum groups. I know some who organise local feminist and womens' rights events, some who are hunt saboteurs, and some who do work with local gig-economy workers on unionisation and labour rights issues.

Sorry, these are all wrong answers. The only ways to meaningfully interact with politics are stuffing a piece of paper in a box or financing a think tank.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Rakosi posted:

It's pretty clear that you're a fascist dickhead and should gently caress off.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

There's only twos kind of political violence that are acceptable: that doled out by the state or that doled out by right wing paramilitaries, anything else deserves only the harshest of critcism as it might in some way impact white people.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TomViolence posted:

Sorry, these are all wrong answers. The only ways to meaningfully interact with politics are stuffing a piece of paper in a box or financing a think tank.

where is ur loving fanfic

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Oberleutnant posted:

Shut your loving face, dickhead.

Benjamin Arthur posted:

It's pretty clear that you're a fascist dickhead and should gently caress off.

You gents can just stick me on your ignore lists and you won't have to post this every time I post in the thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Rakosi posted:

You gents can just stick me on your ignore lists and you won't have to post this every time I post in the thread.

"Nobody has to tell me to gently caress off!" he cries, while manifestly not loving off.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TomViolence posted:

gently caress! All these years I've been wasting my time for nothing...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Do it ironically posted:

I suppose it's easy to learn a lot when you're starting from knowing nothing.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Rakosi posted:

Or you could stop posting in the thread where everyone thinks you're a dickhead? You only show up when a terror attack provides you with an opportunity to act smug about being a racist sack of poo poo.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I love it when the thread comes together to call racists cunts. Together we can achieve anything. :unsmith:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Do it ironically posted:

It's cool that after like 3 recent pages of patient explanations on this very topic you show up with "maybe antifa are the real fascists, hmmm?"

Timid lurkers and visitors from foreign parts, this is why the thread normally just tells posters advocating racism and fascism to gently caress off rather than attempting to engage them in reasonable debate.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Benjamin Arthur posted:

Or you could stop posting in the thread where everyone thinks you're a dickhead?

Nope.

Benjamin Arthur posted:

You only show up when a terror attack provides you with an opportunity to act smug about being a racist sack of poo poo.

Quote me being racist ITT.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Rakosi posted:

Pretty sure you can get probated for suggesting people should be put on ignore.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

TACD posted:

Pretty sure you can get probated for suggesting people should be put on ignore.

My man, the UKMT bedwetters association will have already reported the first post I made so it's coming anyway.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rakosi posted:

My man, the UKMT bedwetters association will have already reported the first post I made so it's coming anyway.

Then why not gently caress off before a mod has to chase you out with the gently caress off broom? Be the bigger man and get to utter gently caress under your own power.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

big scary monsters posted:

It's cool that after like 3 recent pages of patient explanations on this very topic you show up with "maybe antifa are the real fascists, hmmm?"

Timid lurkers and visitors from foreign parts, this is why the thread normally just tells posters advocating racism and fascism to gently caress off rather than attempting to engage them in reasonable debate.

I never said that thank you for putting words in my mouth, if anything I'm implying that violence is wrong, and if you think violence against western democracy governments will make any difference in the actual make up of the government, well then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Can you just agree to gently caress off instead?

• Locked thread