Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Some of those changes I mentioned were a way bigger jump than the new marines. Bigmarines are noticeably different (and larger) but they follow the same general aesthetic of the existing marines - it's mostly the same look with the proportions ironed out.

Lizardmen made a jump from this:

To this:

They got larger, taller, longer, and radically changed their appearance, and they never tried to throw in a reason for it, just 'holy poo poo guys we made new sculpts for these guys and they're rad, you're going to love them'.

I mean I understand why they did this, marines are basically their signature property and it makes sense to pay extra attention in their handling compared to a second-string race in their second-tier product. Maybe if the Lizardmen release had dovetailed nicely with some sort of plot stuff they would have worked it in too; I doubt that they pushed the storyline just to create these guys, obviously they wanted to do a big rework and this fell in line together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/05/24/hygiene-is-high-priority/

Wish they had this prominently displayed in all their stores.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Is that... actually funny? In GW related material?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/05/24/hygiene-is-high-priority/

Wish they had this prominently displayed in all their stores.

The tri-cursed mark. That's Acne, Fedora and Cargo Shorts, right?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Iceclaw posted:

Is that... actually funny? In GW related material?

You haven't been around much lately, I take it?

The Regimental Standard. They also occasionally troll their Twitter followers.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

The tri-cursed mark. That's Acne, Fedora and Cargo Shorts, right?
Hey - there is nothing wrong with cargo shorts! What's the alternative - cutoff jean shorts?

EDIT: drat double post.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Hey - there is nothing wrong with cargo shorts! What's the alternative - cutoff jean shorts?

EDIT: drat double post.

Fine. Acne, Fedora, button down shirt with tribal dragons all over it.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Cupola

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

Thank you. I would have also accepted "cat urine," "grease mullet." or "poo rear end."

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TKIY posted:

Don't doxx me

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

:lol: if you don't explicitly wear only DBZ button up shorts covered in Super Saiyans when you go outside

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Lord_Hambrose posted:

button up shorts

I honestly don't know if this is a typo or not

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
This ain't AoS:

https://twitter.com/cubicle7/status/867380555834372096

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Giant Isopod posted:

I honestly don't know if this is a typo or not

Yes, but those as well.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I accidentally went to the GW website instead of gmail and not gonna lie, I do like those new models. The plague marines aren't as I'd picture them but the Chaos look I like is never coming back and they're still pretty good, and the giant marines are mostly really good. I won't buy any but still.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna buy a big boi

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I accidentally went to the GW website instead of gmail and not gonna lie, I do like those new models. The plague marines aren't as I'd picture them but the Chaos look I like is never coming back and they're still pretty good, and the giant marines are mostly really good. I won't buy any but still.

Which Chaos look do you prefer? RT/2nd?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Translation: "We're looking to cut costs by getting fans to work for free. We'll give you some token presents we already have lying around to make it seem like you're not working for free. Must be extremely good at your work despite not being paid. Must meet deadlines even though you have no employment contract. Only the five best volunteers will be given the enormous privilege of giving away your labor, free, to a publicly held for-profit company that has no debts, millions of pounds in cash, and has been showing year-on-year growth in profits lately!"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GW is cool, and good

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Weird. One of the requirements in the UK is that store managers paint the intro sets, not regulars. Recently became an issue at one of the stores my friends go to.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Slimnoid posted:

Which Chaos look do you prefer? RT/2nd?

For the most part. The sculpts weren't great but the ideas were gold. I think 5/6thish fantasy churned out some of the best chaos stuff. The nurgle dude with the scythe on the plague horse, the tzeentch dude with an optical illusion double face, etc. Even the still-current plastic chaos warriors are pretty good as a generic unit. After that the slide into full grimdark and 100,000 details began in earnest and everything doubled in price.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Leperflesh posted:

Translation: "We're looking to cut costs by getting fans to work for free. We'll give you some token presents we already have lying around to make it seem like you're not working for free. Must be extremely good at your work despite not being paid. Must meet deadlines even though you have no employment contract. Only the five best volunteers will be given the enormous privilege of giving away your labor, free, to a publicly held for-profit company that has no debts, millions of pounds in cash, and has been showing year-on-year growth in profits lately!"

the late stage capitalism meme :getin:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Grains Grunkshop

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Moola posted:

Grains Grunkshop

Brains Scruntshop

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bones Skullshop

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Gork's Morkshop

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Where is this from?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Games Workshop Belconnen

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mork's Gorkshop

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Games Sweatshop

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sigmar's Bigmars.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Gay Men's Orkshop

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nice

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

GW's sculpting is really reaching new heights!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Does anyone else hate the tiny gun shields?

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Yeah, they're honestly my least favorite part. The pose is just funnier.

It's a shame because all the other bigmarines look good, with the possible exception of the beer belly captain. Even he looks ok though.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Does anyone else hate the tiny gun shields?

All I can think of is 'a tiny net is a death sentence!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCI9Y4VGCVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress yeah Kung Pow!

• Locked thread