Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Peter Sellers was the best Bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Nah it's Pierce Brosnan

*gets immediately murdered in every possible way*

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
James Bond is bad.

Harry Palmer is the man.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best Terminator was that chinese guy in Terminator: Gynyysyyyssys

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Wicker Man posted:

John Wick has wall hacks. He aims and headshots dudes a split second after they start to round a corner.

its actually just good crosshair placement

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

First guy who played Dumbledore who died or something > new Dumbledore

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I've never been able to sit all the way through Thunderball

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I like the part where James Bond kisses a good-looking woman.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Baronjutter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXVvkdwzUc
Zizek explaining the plot of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. I can't get over this.

He's what you'd get if present-day Mark Hamill and cocaine had a baby.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FrensaGeran posted:

And his son Jared plays cool dudes in movies like Moriarty or space afrikaans south African dude in The Expanse

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe I just imagined this but is there a part in Skyfall where the gay villain tries to sexually intimidate Bond and then Bond forces himself a half chub to throw him off guard?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

General Dog posted:

He's what you'd get if present-day Mark Hamill and cocaine had a baby.

I love how CD posters who think they understand Hegel will hear Zizek mention starwars and suddenly think the prequels are in fact very good and intelligent deep movies but miss the parts where he often prefaces it with "sorry to talk about such a terrible film". He's using a terrible bad movie as an example because it's funny and it's a pop culture thing people will know, not because they are any good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Maybe I just imagined this but is there a part in Skyfall where the gay villain tries to sexually intimidate Bond and then Bond forces himself a half chub to throw him off guard?

Bond suggestively winks at him and licks his lips. This is real.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Baronjutter posted:

I love how CD posters who think they understand Hegel will hear Zizek mention starwars and suddenly think the prequels are in fact very good and intelligent deep movies but miss the parts where he often prefaces it with "sorry to talk about such a terrible film". He's using a terrible bad movie as an example because it's funny and it's a pop culture thing people will know, not because they are any good.

"The baby in Baby's Day Out is always moving forward, unable to comprehend the narrative that the nanny (or society's god) instilled in him he nonetheless strives to fulfill the imagery as he blindly stumbles about. The baby is also both ignorant of and a passive aggressor to the schemes of the gangsters that seek to exploit him for rewards he cannot truly appreciate. Thus the gangsters come to represent the nameless forces of society that feed off of and digest the individual without care for the consequence."
:zizeksay:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Zizek explaining the plot of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. I can't get over this.

Kari Eats Plants9 months ago
either don't do a line before giving a speach or don't forget your antihistamine .

I lasted all of 5 seconds watching this.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

I've never been able to sit all the way through Thunderball

That's sad because the ending is actually p cool.

Thunderball is the one with the secret ninja raid on the evil fortress right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Yeah Michael Gambon ain't got poo poo on Richard Harris

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

That's sad because the ending is actually p cool.

Thunderball is the one with the secret ninja raid on the evil fortress right?

Thunderball is the cave of wonders underwater.

You Only Live Twice is the ninjas raiding the secret volcano lair.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mordja posted:

Speaking of action movies, are Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves the last of the action stars who really throw themselves into the role? Like, Cruise still does his stunts himself, despite closing in on 60, and Reeves actually knows kung fu and trained to shoot guns real well for John Wick. But when I think of other modern actors (outside of martial arts flicks, natch) only glib performances in front of green screens or sudden, carefully shot moments of violence with not a huge amount of physical effort come to mind.

E: Oh yeah, I guess the peeps in F&F are legit, probably.

Outside of movies, the guy on Green Arrow is pretty legit

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The best Terminator was that chinese guy in Terminator: Gynyysyyyssys

I'm not making any point with this, I just wanted to show you this picture.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 25, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HoAssHo posted:

Much obliged, ma'am

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

HoAssHo posted:

This guy was in The Good the Bad the Weird, which belongs on that best action movies-list someone posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tk80iXCspM

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

bloom posted:

This guy was in The Good the Bad the Weird, which belongs on that best action movies-list someone posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tk80iXCspM

Yeah, that movie loving owns. He was also in I Saw the Devil, which is good as hell.

It's funny that he's done nothing but poo poo action movies in the US, while his work in Korea has actually been pretty respectable.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay for that movie.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

HoAssHo posted:

Less impressive when you realize he is 4 feet tall haha

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Baronjutter posted:

Sufferin Succotash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Usually you take the pebbles out of your mouth after the therapy and before the public speech.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

He was also in I Saw the Devil, which is good as hell.

That taxi knifing scene :discourse:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

What about the rock climbing into the monastery/secret lair with Topol?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I don't know why there are so many Korean revenge movies, but as long as they keep making them, I'll keep watching them because I've yet to see one that wasn't dope.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

monster on a stick posted:

What about the rock climbing into the monastery/secret lair with Topol?

For Your Eyes Only

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

HoAssHo posted:

I don't know why there are so many Korean revenge movies, but as long as they keep making them, I'll keep watching them because I've yet to see one that wasn't dope.

I feel like every Hong Kong movie I've seen ends up being about gangsters. And there's one soft spoken guy who's stronger and smarter than everyone else and he loves this girl who's quiet and beautiful but unobtainable. But I like it, so bring on the gangsters.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Dark and violent revenge movies are way better than comic book movies so clearly Korea is way better than Hollywood.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Intellectuals love the prequels. I actually agree with her that there are some elements that are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bloom posted:

Dark and violent revenge movies are way better than comic book movies so clearly Korea is way better than Hollywood.

this is undeniably true. mainstream asian movies are miles better than hollywood poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is undeniably true. mainstream asian movies are miles better than hollywood poo poo

lol don't be a dummy. We just get the good stuff because there isn't a big market in the US for a ton of Korean romcoms and Grishamesque legal thrillers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Other countries may make fewer big dumb action movies than the US, but A: that's because America provides them with big dumb action movies that are hard to compete with, and B: they still make some anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Koreans never made T2 so i rescind my statement

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

On a plane I watched this Korean detective movie set in the Sejong era that was clearly a stylistic ripoff of Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes and it fuckin ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

Intellectuals love the prequels. I actually agree with her that there are some elements that are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

Revenge of the SIth rivals Attack of the Clones for the worst loving prequel movie.

• Locked thread