Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I hope the forums rewrite is going well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
get ready for awfulcoin

pram
Jun 10, 2001

emoji posted:

Dairy Queen pays like $14/hr and includes free Dairy Queen and would be an order of magnitude more lucrative per unit time/effort lol

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
funniest thing lowtax has done in years

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

I do not think the forums rewrite is going well

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wish lowtax well in his newest endeavor and hope people are patient with him while he adjusts his strategy to best accommodate them while ensuring it's worth his time

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
hes gonna melt down and complain that the sa pc police bullied people out of subscribing to his thing and then he's going to trantrum demod and ban a bunch of people again. its the lifecycle of the forums.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

hes gonna melt down and complain that the sa pc police bullied people out of subscribing to his thing and then he's going to trantrum demod and ban a bunch of people again. its the lifecycle of the forums.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

i wish lowtax well in his newest endeavor and hope people are patient with him while he adjusts his strategy to best accommodate them while ensuring it's worth his time

:same:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i am however doubtful that providing amusing commentary about bad video games is actually worth his time

like, in a financial sense

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

i am however doubtful that providing amusing commentary about bad video games is actually worth his time

like, in a financial sense

says the guy who isnt making a whole $120 a month

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
our own yospos patreon should have more patrons

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

the last one of those i watched they didn't have the audio on for the better part of an hour

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've never watched gaming garbage and certainly don't intend to pay to do so

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

lol that he thinks gaming garbage is a venture that deserves to make money.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

i've never watched gaming garbage and certainly don't intend to pay to do so

yeah, for a series that averages about 5k views per video, i'm not sure going subscription only is going to drive engagement.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

yeah, for a series that averages about 5k views per video, i'm not sure going subscription only is going to drive engagement.

5k people paying 12 bucks each is a lot of money.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sure, but only 5k people watch it when it's literally free

i don't think gaming garbage, no matter how frequently updated and how well produced has a marginal value of $12/mo for 5k people.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

or $6 for that matter, as that's the lowest tier with access to the videos

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

sleepwalkers posted:

lol that he thinks gaming garbage is a venture that deserves to make money.

yeah i have no clue what the appeal is here. lovely amateur thing that no one has heard of is poo poo, let's show you why.

plus the one time i checked out a video it was like alvin and the chipmunks talking which was a pretty quick instaclose.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that was noted diaper fetishist and possible pedophile shmorky. they're not doing it any more, now it's the taxman and some guy named johnathan

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sounds bad op

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

sure, but only 5k people watch it when it's literally free

i don't think gaming garbage, no matter how frequently updated and how well produced has a marginal value of $12/mo for 5k people.

I was being funny on the funny forum

yeah no I don't think putting it behind a paywall will bring in the moneyz, or increase viewership, or whatever

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

There’s more! If you become a patron to Gaming Garbage Cyber Online Web-O-Space 2000+, you’ll immediately get access to as many as 1 patron-only posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Doom Mathematic posted:

$12 is not the cost of lunch for a day.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Striker_/status/867406671307472896

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it wouldn't surprise me at all if that guy cooks burgers for an hour

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mike12345 posted:

5k people paying 12 bucks each is a lot of money.

so is 5k people paying $3.99 except it's hard to get that many subs for big games like PUBG and Hearthstone, I can't imagine what his live viewership on twitch would be

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I hope the forums rewrite is going well

I do not think the forums rewrite is going well

So long as Richard never releases it will be both

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i do not think the forums rewrite is going at all

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Richard would never betray us, his beloved goons

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

ilove one hour burgers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Holy poo poo Matt striker no

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

ilove one hour burgers

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/sous-vide-burgers-recipe.html

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i write a forums in brainfuck :hehe:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

please port it to Ook!

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

my stepdads beer posted:

ilove one hour burgers

"People will wait for something good."

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
if you have time to post about the minimum wage on twitter, paying $17 for a hamburger is probably no great burden

in norway it costs about $40 to get a pizza delivered. norwegians can afford it. it's fine.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if you have time to post about the minimum wage on twitter, paying $17 for a hamburger is probably no great burden

in norway it costs about $40 to get a pizza delivered. norwegians can afford it. it's fine.

also if you think a $17 burger is unaffordable you're probably one of the people who'd be helped by a higher min wage.

fuckin' temporarily embarrassed millionaires, man.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I don't LPs of horrible games works really well unless you're willing to put in AVGN style production values

well he's at $188/mo. with only 24 subscribers, so from a purely financial standpoint he's already way ahead. assuming he ever produces GG content for his subs, he'll be doing just fine with 1/200th of the audience

i don't know that "production values" really factor into the viewership, it's just an extremely niche product. the freshest internet humour from 2002 doesn't go that far when 90% of your hypothetical audience wasn't even born then.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread