Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I always think it's odd how worked up people get over these relatively small death tolls from terrorism while not giving even the slightest of shits about all the death that just naturally occurs to poors in their own country. For all the hoopla this poo poo gets we could easily save more lives than any of these bombings take by just investing a bit more into social safety nets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

I always think it's odd how worked up people get over these relatively small death tolls from terrorism while not giving even the slightest of shits about all the death that just naturally occurs to poors in their own country. For all the hoopla this poo poo gets we could easily save more lives than any of these bombings take by just investing a bit more into social safety nets.

who gives a poo poo though if some dude ODs serious question

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Burt Sexual posted:

are they dead tho?

The bomber is the one pictured on the right. Heres some live footage of the attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFmozCnOLew

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 25, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Lol

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

If you really think about it, this wasn't that bad.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Hrm, yes. *blows bubbles out of a plastic pipe*

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
nobody on these forums cares about anything, so detached from their own lives, nobody really gives a poo poo about that concert, or ariana grande, its just posts. just endless, meaningless, posts.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

:spergin:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

ArbitraryC posted:

Tell that the parents of the dead kids.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I, an intellectual, want to know why people get their underwear in a bunch about groups of people being violently murdered. Don't you know that the sun is killing people all the time? Wear your drat sunscreen, people. Relatively small killcount here in comparison to our ultimate foe, the sun.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

nobody on these forums cares about anything, so detached from their own lives, nobody really gives a poo poo about that concert, or ariana grande, its just posts. just endless, meaningless, posts.

I care. I care very much

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
After these little girls have had their heads shorn off by industrial bolts, we should reflect and ask ourselves "Are health insurance premiums too high for those in the second lowest tax bracket"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nerses IV posted:

You either die when they're kneepads, or you live long enough for them to become shinpads :(

I appreciated this greatly

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Terrific Accident posted:

I, an intellectual, want to know why people get their underwear in a bunch about groups of people being violently murdered. Don't you know that the sun is killing people all the time? Wear your drat sunscreen, people. Relatively small killcount here in comparison to our ultimate foe, the sun.

#whitepeoplesay

(Haha get it because you have a genetic propensity towards skin cancer and also stereotypically autism)

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

well,a ctually, if we cover up the sun, a la mr burns, the musselman would not know when to pray, there would be chaos, also everybody would die

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

well,a ctually, if we cover up the sun, a la mr burns, the musselman would not know when to pray, there would be chaos, also everybody would die

I'm not seeing a downside! Let's get the ball rolling, Mr. Musk.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Piss de Bundy posted:

Lets make The Road a reality.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

*Lying on the ground, bleeding out from shrapnel wounds* Raise... awareness... of peanut... allergies

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Shaocaholica posted:

By that same logic we'd just ignore ISIS and just let them have their way all around the world because until the body count is on par with car accidents and disease why bother right?

Yeah I mean if we put all the money we throw at our dumb security theater into stopping completely preventable deaths just due to income inequality we'd end up having saved more lives. It's 22 lives, that's like less than a month of murders in chicago.

9/11 caused way more loss of lives than just the people in the twin towers.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

Actually if we all cover ourselves in robes (especially the women) they wouldn't know who to bomb and no one gets sun cancer too

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean if we put all the money we throw at our dumb security theater into stopping completely preventable deaths just due to income inequality we'd end up having saved more lives. It's 22 lives, that's like less than a month of murders in chicago.

Both can be solved by profiling and martial law though, maybe you're onto something

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Actually if we all cover ourselves in robes (especially the women) they wouldn't know who to bomb and no one gets sun cancer too

Sounds good. Should the robes be black or white?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

After these little girls have had their heads shorn off by industrial bolts, we should reflect and ask ourselves "Are health insurance premiums too high for those in the second lowest tax bracket"

You're making one concrete and the other abstract, but yeah people dying for lack of affordable healthcare is a tangible problem too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArbitraryC posted:

So killing the kids a Disney star concert was all about JOBS! after all.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

*Lying on the ground, bleeding out from shrapnel wounds* Raise... awareness... of peanut... allergies

Hot take: violent crime often happens directly as a result of poverty

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Untrue.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
it is the year 2025. sunlight is only allowed for brief periods of times, as it has been proven to cause terrorism. security is rampant, snitching on your neighbors encouraged. you can be stopped and searched at anytime, for any reason. anime, is forbidden. big muslim titties are permitted. however, big long beards and sandals are banned. men must shower daily. welcome to hell

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

I myself do not have a finite amount of shits to give, and can cover a number of things with poo poo as need arises.

You know how on the airplane it says to first make sure your own oxygen mask is on before helping others? gently caress those people in coach.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You know, I used to be pretty neutral on the Israeli \ Palestine thing, but nowadays I'm thinking I'd side with Israel just because it pisses people off

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

Not in this particular case.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Osama Bin Laden was a terrorist because he didn't have enough money.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Piss de Bundy posted:

No I like going to music venues and I don't want to be blown up. The caremad is coming from inside the house.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

im getting a little concerned by your constant dogwhistling. just say what you mean. Join us. what group should be genocided.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

ArbitraryC posted:

Those poor criminals being forced into committing crimes

When will we finally see an end to forced crimes

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

who gives a poo poo though if some dude ODs serious question

Who gives a poo poo though if some chick dies to a nail bomb serious question.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dmitri-9 posted:

No I like going to music venues and I don't want to be blown up. The caremad is coming from inside the house.

nobody will get me at the moby concert

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ArbitraryC posted:

gas chicago.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Bholder posted:

Did you know that somebody choosing to do drugs is a little bit different from a terrorist attack

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

Was she hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

well one was likely going to be a productive member of society. So I care a little bit. And the family probably loved her too.

• Locked thread