Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://plays.tv/video/5926b342c2cef18360/aim-botz-new-world-record-5-6-walls-100-kills-in-32-54-kpm-184-39-12-bots-aimbotzchallenge

is this viewmodel an EU thing?? swift??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Yes and see how good he is at aim_botz

coincidence???

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Hey so this is cool.

Remember back in the day when you could join on your friends from the main menu when they were in community servers, then for no reason valve disabled it? Well, someone found a cl command

cl_join_advertise defaults to 1 (which lets people join you when you're playing on valve servers) or 0 (no-one can join you), but if you change the value to 2 everyone can join you regardless of what kind of server type you're in

you can also add this to your autoexec to make it always active, I suppose

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hey so this is cool.

Remember back in the day when you could join on your friends from the main menu when they were in community servers, then for no reason valve disabled it? Well, someone found a cl command

cl_join_advertise defaults to 1 (which lets people join you when you're playing on valve servers) or 0 (no-one can join you), but if you change the value to 2 everyone can join you regardless of what kind of server type you're in

you can also add this to your autoexec to make it always active, I suppose

I'll try to remember to do this.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

quakebois

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Burst FAMAS was extremely my poo poo in 1.6 because I couldn't tap or burst well with an AK or M4 yet and I could pick off people with regularity. Something was very hosed between then and now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
viewmodel_presetpos "0"
viewmodel_offset_x "0"
viewmodel_offset_y "0"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Started playing this game and am actually loving the hell out of it. This OP has helped me a ton too in being much less bad than I would be otherwise. How do I play with goons since the chat room is empty?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Started playing this game and am actually loving the hell out of it. This OP has helped me a ton too in being much less bad than I would be otherwise. How do I play with goons since the chat room is empty?

All about the sub.io discord. Check out the private server subforum

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

If you've already joined the group, next stop is visiting the PGS forum and looking for the sub.io thread, you'll find the info to connect to the goon server in there and goons will send out announcements from the steam group when they're trying to start up a game. Otherwise there are some pockets of low rank goons who MM together sometimes, maybe one of the will respond in here.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

sub.io thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

We tend to play a few games every night and there are usually some people doing some sort of MM or something.

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 27, 2017

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Viva Miriya posted:

don't play with goons unless you can take the harshest bluntest criticism of your life. other wise ur good

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mesothelioma posted:

don't play with goons unless you can take the harshest bluntest criticism of your life. other wise ur good

gently caress this. If you want to get better, play with goons. They will poo poo all over you and laugh about you floundering around but you keep coming back and eventually you start to kill them back. Not every round but a few times. It boosts you confidence and proves you are learning.

Also, you get invited back which is good.

That new cabin map with cts starting in like 4 different spawn points is fun as gently caress.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

real dilemma posted:

If you've already joined the group, next stop is visiting the PGS forum and looking for the sub.io thread, you'll find the info to connect to the goon server in there and goons will send out announcements from the steam group when they're trying to start up a game. Otherwise there are some pockets of low rank goons who MM together sometimes, maybe one of the will respond in here.

I'm not in the actual gogoons steam group. Can someone add me to that (http://steamcommunity.com/id/VivaMiriya/).

Mesothelioma posted:

Soulex posted:

gently caress this. If you want to get better, play with goons. They will poo poo all over you and laugh about you floundering around but you keep coming back and eventually you start to kill them back. Not every round but a few times. It boosts you confidence and proves you are learning.

Also, you get invited back which is good.

That new cabin map with cts starting in like 4 different spawn points is fun as gently caress.

Yeah this is what I was looking for. I'm looking to get better and I'll live if I get told I'm loving dumb when I gently caress up in videogames.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Better to be yelled at by goons and get actual advice than by a random kid in your MM group who doesn't have a clue.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Exactly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

CLARPUS posted:

Better to be yelled at by goons and get actual advice than by a random kid in your MM group who doesn't have a clue.

This does not always happen, often times there is just yelling and rage but nothing useful other than "why the gently caress can't you stop them" or something similar.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It helps if you shout out "IM NEW" before the match, because usually some chill goon will take you under their wing and help you out

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just don't be a total tard and goons are usually pretty chill. There's only a few born whiners. The only problem is too much conflicting advice, and a lot of the time it's a case of one eyed goons leading the blind, giving one size fits all advice without reaaaally understanding the reasoning behind it.

Overall though it's probably a pretty decent place for a near-beginner to learn the ins-and-outs of 5v5 and some good habits.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yea sub io games are not actually going to teach you a lot about csgo. Make friends with someone in your timezone and just ask questions and practice a ton

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

stump collector posted:

Yea sub io games are not actually going to teach you a lot about csgo. Make friends with someone in your timezone and just ask questions and practice a ton

Wrong. The best way is to fail. Individual practice is good yes, but so is learning how to move and communicate as a team. You can be borderline hacking but a t am can drag you down.

Learning team play, utility, and maps are what you can get from goons with MM. you're not going to turn into a flick master or whatever.

Goons typically listen to advice in game if they know they hosed up.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I was talking about games in the subio server

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i asked unreal how i should have played that situation differently and he said loving KILL THEM NEXT TIME YOU RETARD

10/10

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Up Circle posted:

i asked unreal how i should have played that situation differently and he said loving KILL THEM NEXT TIME YOU RETARD

10/10

tbh this sounds p accurate for you tswift

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Up Circle posted:

i asked unreal how i should have played that situation differently and he said loving KILL YOURSELF NEXT TIME YOU RETARD

10/10

Fixed to make it more accurate

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
it was good advice im not denying that at all

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Killing the enemy is good advice.

Seriously though, that CT map where it's morning and all foggy is fun as gently caress and I love it.

I wish they did pro matches with CT maps.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm also silver 3 so I'm not the best at giving advice but I'll sure gently caress it up

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
is the operation good? anyone still play cs?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Thom and the Heads posted:

I wouldn't really say it's worth it unless 2v2 ends up being fun. The co op missions are a step backward without the operation Phoenix stages. The maps are bad and there's not much else to do. Quit CS. Save yourself

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Thom and the Heads posted:

I got a 28€ gun from the missions, totally worth it

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Goons are nice people in counter strike, be sure to drop a line and sign the guest book, ATTN: this post is under construction, check back later for more tips

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

Goons are nice people in counter strike, be sure to drop a line and sign the guest book, ATTN: this post is under construction, check back later for more tips

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Slumpy posted:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slumpy posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
me: kick player who is AFK
*Vote Successful!*
some rando who was angry i didnt kill the awper in mid and who i then made fun of for going 0-0-5: kick arfjason
*Vote Successful!*

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rank up to MGE lose 5 straight and de-rank, play 2 more games at MG2 and win them handily top fragging; this loving game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keep the grind up noob

surc
Aug 17, 2004

MF_James posted:

Rank up to MGE lose 5 straight and de-rank, play 2 more games at MG2 and win them handily top fragging; this loving game.

Sounds like you're not quite MGE yet but will be soon, congratulations :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

surc posted:

Sounds like you're not quite MGE yet but will be soon, congratulations :)

Played too long and I got to the point where I start getting worse instead of better.