Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Ah your country's hosed either way and we should all stop pretending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Faffel posted:

Ah your country's hosed either way and we should all stop pretending.

Sweet Jesus is there any Americans even left here... where did all my countrymen go

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

You think to yourself, there's no way that someone could actually be this dumb, right? But then they just keep talking, getting dumber by the syllable. A real tour de force of just the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Sweet Jesus is there any Americans even left here... where did all my countrymen go

for-profit prison.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Faffel posted:

for-profit prison.

They promised us Jobs and I hear there's work in there

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Apoplexy posted:

Damage control for his bank account. Now that Hillary is done (she better goddamn well be), nobody is stupid enough to hire loving imbeciles like John Podesta and Robby Mook.

"Oh, you're the guy who ran the campaign that lost to a loving orange baboon who openly admitted to sexual assault? WELCOME ABOARD THE FRANKEN 2020 CAMPAIGN!"

actually I think podesta was fine

it's more the hackers spilling all his poo poo that fucker things up

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm angry that the media isn't putting a positive bias to turds being shat right into my mouth.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

brugroffil posted:

You think to yourself, there's no way that someone could actually be this dumb, right? But then they just keep talking, getting dumber by the syllable. A real tour de force of just the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

turn on your monitor

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm angry that the media isn't putting a positive bias to turds being shat right into my mouth.

turn off your monitor

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Faffel posted:

Yeah the 'tone' of Trump is tough, considering he had a long-term history of being a lying sack of poo poo. Anyone with a functioning hemisphere in their brain could spot Trump's manipulative behavior from decades previous, without any need to speculate on the future. There was really no good reason to give him a fair shake, unless you just wanted to completely erase the past.

but enough about hillary

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pawn 17 posted:

How so? Harvard did a study on media coverage during Trump's first 100 days.

This was the tone of coverage when discussing Trump:

When discussing Trump's fitness for office:

Trump vs. Other presidents in first 100 days:

NONE of these charts show 100% negative coverage. Ergo, the news media is certainly slanted and unobjective. When someone insane is treated equally with sane people, something's amiss. JOHN OLIVER OF LAST WEEK TONIGHT once did a bit about this, showing how the scientifically-literate and retards are given equal air time as though their thoughts are equally valid. They're not.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Could be because the prez is a POS, idk.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

but enough about hillary

Agreed, people ought to stop bringing her up when arguing about one Donald J. Trump.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

fruit on the bottom posted:

Objective means reporting both sides as though they had equal merit.

That is in fact the opposite of what objective means :confused:. What if the "two sides" (as if lol) are not of equal merit?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Then reality is biased and we must unskew it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

reality has a liberal bias!!!

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pawn 17 posted:

Even the media can't say much positive about the Trump presidency. Like what are they supposed to write, "today, Trump stayed home in his jammies and didn't embarrass the country on a global scale"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

World War Mammories posted:

reality has a liberal bias!!!

Lol, I've honestly never seen that written before

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you see bias, i see consensus

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
the seth rich conspiracy is more likely true than the piss tapes

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Hillary's Assassin : Anthony Weiner :: Wyle E Coyote : Roadrunner

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mnoba posted:

To a sane person, yes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

I'm not even arguing that Trump is a good president (I think he's pretty bad tbh). But you can't say with a straight face that there isn't a huge amount of bias in the mainstream media.

For the most part, I don't think they are reporting "just the news" and facts anymore. Every loving story has to have some idiot opinion shoved into it. I feel like a lot of reporters for the biggest and most prestigious outlets are basically bloggers at this point. They are after the most clicks and beyond that, what they write doesn't matter. Why spend weeks on investigative journalism when you can spend an hour putting together some click bait opinion piece?

Maybe Sam Zell can explain it better than I can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDy7vn7-LX4

Out of curiosity, who would you say that you implicitly trust at WaPo? There are a few journalists I have really liked over the years at various outlets, but this election seems to have really broken people.

Interesting that the president with holes in his brain is getting negative coverage. hosed up if true.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 25, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
OJ killed Seth Rich and Vince Foster

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pawn 17 posted:

I'm not even arguing that Trump is a good president (I think he's pretty bad tbh). But you can't say with a straight face that there isn't a huge amount of bias in the mainstream media.

For the most part, I don't think they are reporting "just the news" and facts anymore. Every loving story has to have some idiot opinion shoved into it. I feel like a lot of reporters for the biggest and most prestigious outlets are basically bloggers at this point. They are after the most clicks and beyond that, what they write doesn't matter. Why spend weeks on investigative journalism when you can spend an hour putting together some click bait opinion piece?

Maybe Sam Zell can explain it better than I can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDy7vn7-LX4

Out of curiosity, who would you say that you implicitly trust at WaPo? There are a few journalists I have really liked over the years at various outlets, but this election seems to have really broken people.

When you look at a pile of poo poo and call it a pile of poo poo, that's not actually an indicator of bias.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Seth Rich is actually just really bad at Portal 2.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why is the news coverage of the town rapist so negative? It really should be 50/50.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Here's a possible explanation: maybe Trump is, in fact, objectively not good :shrug:

Yet what all has he actually done that's so bad? That aren't things that are problems strictly because the media is calling attention to them (his whore wife won't take his hand! Marriage in jeopardy!?). The worst actions he's taken is appointing Jeff Sessions as AG and ordering this hardcore immigration action, and the latter is something that the people who voted for him wanted him to do.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mnoba posted:

:what:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yet what all has he actually done that's so bad? That aren't things that are problems strictly because the media is calling attention to them (his whore wife won't take his hand! Marriage in jeopardy!?). The worst actions he's taken is appointing Jeff Sessions as AG and ordering this hardcore immigration action, and the latter is something that the people who voted for him wanted him to do.

Lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Selling out Israel to the Russians and telling everyone where our subs are are pretty bad moves

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

No dude, the KBG has secret tapes of Trump getting peed on by hookers they used to take over America this doesnt sound retarded at all

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

FactsAreUseless posted:

For instance, I have full confidence in Washington Post reporters, even citing anonymous stories, because I know those reporters and their editors are good. I'm familiar with their work: journalism is largely about reputation. What I have less confidence in is the company that owns WaPo, because their goal is to make money. It's why I like public media. With all its issues, it still believes in journalism as a public good, not a commodity.

Did they lose any of your confidence when they recommended no pardon for Snowden despite winning a Pulitzer two years prior on the back of his revelations?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

8-Bit Scholar posted:

He's trying to give himself a 3 billion dollar tax break while cutting SNAP, Medicaid, health subsidies, public school funding, and raising taxes on the upper middle class.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Selling out Israel to the Russians and telling everyone where our subs are are pretty bad moves

neither of these things are real things he did though

scrubs season six posted:

He's trying to give himself a 3 billion dollar tax break while cutting SNAP, Medicaid, health subsidies, public school funding, and raising taxes on the upper middle class.

yeah he's loving poo poo

dunno why anyone would vote for him

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No dude, the KBG has secret tapes of Trump getting peed on by hookers they used to take over America this doesnt sound retarded at all

No dude trump isn't a total loving retard who would get caught in a stupid blackmail attempt

Yes it's literally a piss tape, not just short hand for "trump is being black mailed" but if it is not literally urine spunky gets the ideological points

Yes we are all still loving losers but people who are still in trumps corner probably have brain damage

Gas this thread

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He takes his steak well done. Nothing is off the table

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

No dude trump isn't a total loving retard who would get caught in a stupid blackmail attempt

Yes it's literally a piss tape, not just short hand for "trump is being black mailed" but if it is not literally urine spunky gets the ideological points

Yes we are all still loving losers but people who are still in trumps corner probably have brain damage

Gas this thread

HE'S BEING PEED ON BY HOOKERS A SPY TOLD BUZFED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

8-Bit Scholar posted:

neither of these things are real things he did though

yeah he's loving poo poo

dunno why anyone would vote for him

They were the work of his evil twin Ronald Slump!

• Locked thread